ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Micheal Jackson dead Return to archive
2nd September 2007 08:06 PM
Daethgod http://www.morningadvertiser.co.uk/news_detail.aspx?articleid=49858

Top beer expert Michael Jackson died this morning.

Jackson (pictured right in a photo taken by Päivi Kuusjärvi) dedicated more than three decades to the pursuit and documentation of the world’s finest beers, and wrote many books on the subject.

He became known as the most widely-published and influential author on beer. He developed a cult television series known as “The Beer Hunter”, and contributed articles to countless magazines and newspapers.

Jackson was especially well-known for his particular passion for the specialty brews of Belgium, and his bestseller The Great Beers of Belgium.

Morning Advertiser beer writer Roger Protz said: “I’m in Germany at a beer conference and when I announced he was dead people were totally shocked - he was just so well-known.

“He was the best - and always will be the best. His knowledge of beer is unsurpassable. His genius was to to be able to write simply and beautifully about beer.

“He was a very private person but I enjoyed his company - he always had a really amusing story to tell about his travels.”

2nd September 2007 08:12 PM
mrhipfl you fuckin bastard! Nearly gave me a heart attack!! That's too bad though. RIP.

Long live the king of pop!!(!)
2nd September 2007 08:34 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle His Pocket Guide To Beer helped me learn how to moonwalk...

RIP Michael.
2nd September 2007 08:35 PM
MrPleasant Let's compare:

with:

2nd September 2007 08:37 PM
MrPleasant
2nd September 2007 08:39 PM
MrPleasant I forgot: RIP Mr. Jackson. Anybody who worked with beer deserves respect.
2nd September 2007 09:05 PM
sirmoonie The Beer Hunter was great. I remember he had his own show for awhile in the early 80s. He helped make binge drinking on suds the gentleman's sport it remains today.
2nd September 2007 09:26 PM
robpop moon,

Did ya see the list of the final cuts?
2nd September 2007 09:44 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
robpop wrote:
moon,

Did ya see the list of the final cuts?

Yeah, Chidi and Chukky gone. Same with Haynes, but I was glad to see him go.
2nd September 2007 09:46 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Yeah, Chidi and Chukky gone. Same with Haynes, but I was glad to see him go.

Next week in Cleveland, we start to dance. Fucking counting down the seconds.
2nd September 2007 10:20 PM
gotdablouse hum...put a friggin' disclaimer in the title, third dead guy announced in RO not dead after all, John Clesse, Castro and now Wacko Jacko !
2nd September 2007 10:52 PM
Bloozehound spent many an hour flipping through his books at Barnes and Nobles, his books are a must read for any serious beer drinker, dude was a legend

gonna polish of the rest of a 6 pack of Sam Adams Black Lager tonight in his honor
2nd September 2007 11:08 PM
Kilroy Thank you for your work, Rest in Peace
2nd September 2007 11:20 PM
CraigP You had me fooled for a minute. I thought that I might have been able to sleep tonight.
3rd September 2007 06:47 AM
corgi37 A beer expert died?

OH, THE HUMANITY!!!!!!!!
3rd September 2007 07:47 AM
bilsim ahh well. one day
3rd September 2007 08:09 AM
lotsajizz I own the pocket guide...that guy knew his brew!
3rd September 2007 09:17 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
robpop wrote:

Next week in Cleveland, we start to dance. Fucking counting down the seconds.

The cuts show Tomlin has the guts to do whats right.Could be a nifty move getting Rossum too...Signed Simmons to an extension too...Bye Bye Faneca...unless they really piss him off and franchise him..which I doubt...Still it all rides on the O line and Ben...plus can they stop those third and 5... 7 yard out patterns?
3rd September 2007 10:03 AM
AlexKx ...and yet he's still not the REAL Michael Jackson. I don't care what his Mamma named him...
3rd September 2007 10:09 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
AlexKx wrote:
...and yet he's still not the REAL Michael Jackson. I don't care what his Mamma named him...

Michael Jackson..isnt the real Michael Jackson either...
3rd September 2007 10:16 AM
swapwoodfortaylor Condolenses to the Family of MJ. An expert on so many beer fronts. Great writer on the subject. Have learned so much from his writings. Indeed the Beer Hunter TV show was excellent.
3rd September 2007 01:42 PM
Bloozehound
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i wonder what he thought of schlitz ice and big bear?

Any professional beer drinker that doesn't get giddy about a beer in which a case of said beer may be purchased for under $10 should have their credentials reviewed, revoked and barred from further practice...at least that's my take on it
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)