ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: So long Chicky... (NSC) Return to archive
1st September 2007 02:06 PM
FotiniD Don't know why I bother you with this, but some of you feel like the closest friends, even though we never met.

So my cat Chicky passed away We went on vacation August 3rd and we trusted her to a supposedly good pet-hotel, along with our other cats. She was a healthy, beautiful, energetic and young (only 2 years old) cat when we left her. They returned her twenty days later only skull and bones, she couldn't walk, wouldn't eat.

They said she got sick "by a scratch" in the first two days she was there. We talked with them on the phone while on vacation, but they never mentioned a thing. They said her lugs were filled with fluid, that she almost died and that the vet extracted the fluid and now she was healthy.

Healthy my ass. Chicky wouldn't eat a thing and she was so terribly skinny (not just slimmer - just bones) so we took her to our vet the very next morning and she diagnosed a semi-destroyed liver. Whatever caused the infection - and let me tell you, it couldn't have been a scratch, possibly a rusted nail or something else I can't even imagine - had reached the liver. We stayed by her side for five days and my little baby passed away today just a few minutes after we left the clinic I'm sad beyond any possible description.

I guess it may sound silly for someone who doesn't have pets. But I assure you, you can get just as close to cat as to a human. Or even more.

I'm going to sue the pet hotel owner motherfucker and I'm gonna see that this "vet" that took care of Chicky loses his license for good. Maybe he can go back to his original career - what was that, a butcher? I called them both today and the "vet" and the bastard kept lying to my face about how Chicky was "saved" by him and she was "in a great state" when they delivered her. Yeah, if you consider a half-dead animal mighty fine!!! The clueless idiot didn't even do a blood test, he didn't even diagnose the liver damage.

So, sorry for this silly post but well... It just happened two hours ago, I'm going nuts

Here's my little Chicky. The nicest cat you could ever imagine. We had her since day one, she was born in our back yard. She would give you "kisses", she was so funny and sweet.

1st September 2007 02:38 PM
Ade sorry for your loss
1st September 2007 03:04 PM
glencar So sad...
1st September 2007 05:05 PM
GotToRollMe Fotini, I'm so very sorry. If it makes you feel even a little bit better, you're not alone. I went away on Monday for three days, and on Wednesday my mother called and told me that when she came up to feed him, she found my cat Wolfie had died. I've been inconsolable for days. He was my heart. I'll keep you and Chicky in my thoughts.

This was my Wolfie:

1st September 2007 05:10 PM
GhostofBrianJones Dear FontiniD:
I am so sorry for your loss of you cat Chicky. I lost my dog Nicky a female
German Shepherd mix on 6-25-07, I found her dead on a rug outside the
bathroom. She had been vomiting water for about 2 days and then drinking
it, called the vet, was told to try and get her to eat a bit. She did but then
went into what I think was cardiac arrest and was gone. I don't blame you
for wanting to sue the hotel and vet who took care of her. I definitely think
you should. Since your cat was healthy when it went went in there and got
sick while there and then died later there is no reason not to find out what
really happened anyway you can. Yes a person can get attached and love a
pet just like anything else. It hurts and is so upsetting to lose a pet. My
deepest sympathy. I hope you get some answers soon.
1st September 2007 05:13 PM
GhostofBrianJones To GotToRollMe:

You have my deepest sympathy on the loss of Wolfie. He was sure a beautiful
cat. I know what inconsolable is, I am still that way too. I know you miss Wolfie
so much. I am sorry you lost him.
1st September 2007 06:01 PM
Joey
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Don't know why I bother you with this, but some of you feel like the closest friends, even though we never met.

So my cat Chicky passed away We went on vacation August 3rd and we trusted her to a supposedly good pet-hotel, along with our other cats. She was a healthy, beautiful, energetic and young (only 2 years old) cat when we left her. They returned her twenty days later only skull and bones, she couldn't walk, wouldn't eat.

They said she got sick "by a scratch" in the first two days she was there. We talked with them on the phone while on vacation, but they never mentioned a thing. They said her lugs were filled with fluid, that she almost died and that the vet extracted the fluid and now she was healthy.

Healthy my ass. Chicky wouldn't eat a thing and she was so terribly skinny (not just slimmer - just bones) so we took her to our vet the very next morning and she diagnosed a semi-destroyed liver. Whatever caused the infection - and let me tell you, it couldn't have been a scratch, possibly a rusted nail or something else I can't even imagine - had reached the liver. We stayed by her side for five days and my little baby passed away today just a few minutes after we left the clinic I'm sad beyond any possible description.

I guess it may sound silly for someone who doesn't have pets. But I assure you, you can get just as close to cat as to a human. Or even more.

I'm going to sue the pet hotel owner motherfucker and I'm gonna see that this "vet" that took care of Chicky loses his license for good. Maybe he can go back to his original career - what was that, a butcher? I called them both today and the "vet" and the bastard kept lying to my face about how Chicky was "saved" by him and she was "in a great state" when they delivered her. Yeah, if you consider a half-dead animal mighty fine!!! The clueless idiot didn't even do a blood test, he didn't even diagnose the liver damage.

So, sorry for this silly post but well... It just happened two hours ago, I'm going nuts

Here's my little Chicky. The nicest cat you could ever imagine. We had her since day one, she was born in our back yard. She would give you "kisses", she was so funny and sweet.

RIP Chicky !!!

" ...I'm going to sue the pet hotel owner motherfucker and I'm gonna see that this "vet" that took care of Chicky loses his license for good. "

YES !!!! .... Good For You -- Make sure he NEVER does to another animal what he did to your beloved Chicky .

NEVER AGAIN !!!! ... NEVER !!!!

1st September 2007 06:13 PM
gypsy Oh, Fotini, that isn't a silly post at all. Bless your little heart. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I've been in your shoes, and it's so painful. I know it sounds cliche, but it will take time. If it's any comfort, just know that you gave Chicky a great life, and she was loved very much.
1st September 2007 06:16 PM
Gazza Thats very sad. Sorry for both of you.
1st September 2007 06:30 PM
mrhipfl That is really sad, I am very sorry. I myself have two cats which I love very much. They can really cheer up your day. RIP Chicky.
1st September 2007 08:26 PM
LadyJane This is so sad.

I'm so sorry ladies.

Having the pleasure of knowing both of you and knowing how kind hearted each of you is, I imagine this has hit you both hard.

GTRM...call me if you need me.

Fotini..check your email.

hugs,
LJ.
1st September 2007 08:32 PM
MrPleasant A sincere "RIP" for your pet cat.
2nd September 2007 02:09 AM
Zack Sorry, Fotini. Sending you a cyber-hug.
2nd September 2007 02:13 AM
The Wick Sorry to hear about your loss. I've been through the same thing and it's horrible.
2nd September 2007 04:53 AM
FotiniD Thanks a lot for your support, everyone. You all understand the situation better and stand by me in ways than friends living next to my house don't even consider. You're incredible.

GTRM, so sorry about Wolfie You and LJ got e-mails.

GhostofBrianJones, I'm so sorry about your dog. Gypsy, The Wick... Sorry about your losses too. Damn it, you love them so much, take care of them, and then it all hangs on a moment of bad luck or a greedy bastard who doesn't know how to do his job.

We just buried Chicky in our back yard (no pet cemeteries or pet cremation services in this ridiculous country) and I'm trying to keep my head from bursting.

Once again, a big, honest thank you to everyone.
[Edited by FotiniD]
3rd September 2007 12:59 AM
Kilroy Sorry To Hear of your Loss, Keep The Memory Alive and The Sprit will live. I've got 2 of my favorites with me in my heart not at my feet anymore. I'm with you.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)