ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Amy Winehouse (ns) Return to archive Page: 1 2
2nd September 2007 08:44 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

Yeah well counsel, don't fret yourself silly with false imaginings, I doubt she's interested in yanking at your zipper anytime soon either......

Oh Mr. Rooter-for-the-fourth-best-team-in-the-AFC, they're not my imaginings...it was in response to a post asking me how she was
2nd September 2007 09:06 AM
andrews27 Amy Winehouse has the pipes and the brain to be really talented and valuable. Going 'retro' toward Aretha, the Marvelettes, etc., with that much style, and mating it with autobiography and modern life like she did on her album shows a lot of potential for deep soul work in future - maybe a really harrowing 'recovery' record. Problem is, she needs to stop being so stoned and distracted that she forgets her own lyrics, much less blows the lines of a really well-known song like "Ain't too proud to beg." You can see Mick (who once dragged Sheryl Crow around the stage by her wrist when she forgot the camera marks) just write her off as the lyrics get botched.

Maybe she was trying to ad lib - some of the stuff she comes up with could have passed if Mick comped for her as well as an old entertainer like Hope or Crosby could for a nervous live duet partner. In other words, if Mick could ad-lib to support a partner. But Mick is sneery Mick, and, worse, he's our pissed-off Al Jolson, always ready to throw a screwface at anybody who louses up his act. (Though Jolson's act was always more painstakingly constructed, often with knockout ad-libs and clock-discarding honoring of requests when the audience impressed him.) Spontaneity isn't Mick's long suit on stage these days, and he hates it when younger singers can't plod behind him in the plowhorse tracks he laid decades ago.
2nd September 2007 09:29 AM
lotsajizz
quote:
andrews27 wrote:
Spontaneity isn't Mick's long suit on stage these days, and he hates it when younger singers can't plod behind him in the plowhorse tracks he laid decades ago.

and he hates it when some strung out bimbette botches the lyrics to a well-known Motown tune.....shit, even the chinaman was not that bad!
I hope she goes away....FAR away
2nd September 2007 11:58 AM
gimmekeef
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
She's ugly but sexy

Fuck..I thought that was Prince after his long run at the O2...
4th September 2007 07:48 AM
Factory Girl I agree with My friend HT Man

quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

Thats what happened with Doherty and if she doesn’t buck up her ideas, she deserves top be treated with the same contempt that many thrust on him. He’s an idiot for jeopardising the wonderful talent he possess and I just hope that people see that she’s one too.

Pete really does have a rare unique talent...and he's a moron for squadering it. Isn't there a fine line between genius and madness?

I'm not familiar with Amy's tunes.
4th September 2007 08:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Thats what happened with Doherty and if she doesn’t buck up her ideas, she deserves to be treated with the same contempt that many thrust on him.

Most of the public 'contempt' for Doherty as far as I can make out seems to be centred around the fact that he seems to be getting arrested every couple of weeks and manages to wriggle out of it....!

Bit of a difference from seeing someone easily swooned and manipulated by an opportunistic smackhead husband...

Meanwhile...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6977736.stm
4th September 2007 08:20 AM
Factory Girl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Bit of a difference from seeing someone easily swooned and manipulated by an opportunistic smackhead husband...

Meanwhile...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6977736.stm

Is her hubbyness a Svengali-type? I'm surprised he has that much energy given his smack....
4th September 2007 12:32 PM
Factory Girl Pete D. watched Amy Winehouse overdose from News.com.au

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story/0,23663,22359802-7484,00.html
4th September 2007 12:46 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Pete D. watched Amy Winehouse overdose from News.com.au

probably bullshite
4th September 2007 04:18 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Pete D. watched Amy Winehouse overdose from News.com.au

Like Pete could muster up the energy to do anything about it.......
4th September 2007 04:26 PM
speedfreakjive http://www.nme.com/news/amy-winehouse/30894
4th September 2007 06:04 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
Pete D. watched Amy Winehouse overdose

And Jim Morrison and Hendrix, too.
5th September 2007 02:40 PM
Gazza Mercury Awards last night

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)