ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bittersweet Day..Final show of ABB..share your memories here!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
28th August 2007 11:45 AM
_Boomy_ Very good memories. Man...the bandana will never escape me.

Anyway, I went to seven shows:

Comerica Park - Detroit - 2005
Bradley Center - Milwaukee - 2005
Soldier Field - Chicago - 2005
Nationwide Arena - Columbus - 2005
United Center - Chicago - 2006
Churchill Downs - Louisville - 2006
Soldier Field - Chicago - 2006

Holy shit. I remember when they broke into "Back of My Hand" in Detroit. And midway into the song Charlie starts bangin' on the bass drum and everybody kicked it up a notch. Can't believe they didn't play it more often. "Out of Control" was great, too.
28th August 2007 02:22 PM
Martha jb, SO good to see you posting. I have wondered where the hell you went.

So sorry to learn that you are struggling with illness. ;-( I have had illness issues plaguing me for over 6 years so I can really relate. It is HARD to be ill and in pain all the time. I am sending you prayers for healing. I sincerely hope you are well on your way to good health.

We must all go to MSG......and that means you too!

well wishes and love,
Martha
28th August 2007 03:01 PM
Joey " Yeah but being at the B stage in OMAHA is like being in a first rate bowling alley - life still sucks! "

29th August 2007 06:26 PM
PartyDoll MEG Just got a chance to read this thread...Great one LJ!!!!

12 shows for me...ALL special for one reason or another...
But mostly for the great friendships that have "blossomed" from them. And if the Stones never tour again( God forbid)..I know I will see you guys at some made up Summit, or BBQ, or wedding, or other musical event. We are most of all a family..dysfunctional and crazy as we get on the board...when we come together it is always a relaxing, enjoyable, and unforgettable experience...with or without the Stones.
29th August 2007 09:21 PM
glencar That's so true! Word up Meg!
29th August 2007 09:24 PM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:
" Yeah but being at the B stage in OMAHA is like being in a first rate bowling alley - life still sucks! "

Joey, I read the current Conde Naste Travel amgazine. It's got Bubba on the cover & THAT article is horrendously puffy. I think the "reporter" gave a "lewinsky" to our former POTUS. But anyway, there is also an article in there by a NYer who went around the world. Shockingly, the ONLY place in the WHOLE world that he badmouthed was...NEBRASKA! I had to contain my giggling! I will send you the article if you'd like with the pertinent parts highlighted.
29th August 2007 09:31 PM
Riffhard
quote:
PartyDoll MEG wrote:
Just got a chance to read this thread...Great one LJ!!!!

12 shows for me...ALL special for one reason or another...
But mostly for the great friendships that have "blossomed" from them. And if the Stones never tour again( God forbid)..I know I will see you guys at some made up Summit, or BBQ, or wedding, or other musical event. We are most of all a family..dysfunctional and crazy as we get on the board...when we come together it is always a relaxing, enjoyable, and unforgettable experience...with or without the Stones.

Here,here! Well said Meggy! I still say the Summit Of Reflection,henceforth known as {{{{{SOF}}}}},must happen! Even if we have another {{{{{SOTC}}}}} at the Garden for another show. We still must have the {{{{{SOF}}}}}. We can all bring our kids' kids and indoctrinate another couple of generations into Stone's fandom!

Riffy
29th August 2007 09:40 PM
glencar
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Here,here! Well said Meggy! I still say the Summit Of Reflection,henceforth known as {{{{{SOF}}}}},must happen! Even if we have another {{{{{SOTC}}}}} at the Garden for another show. We still must have the {{{{{SOF}}}}}. We can all bring our kids' kids and indoctrinate another couple of generations into Stone's fandom!

Riffy

Isn't that about to happen at Wildwood?
29th August 2007 09:45 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
Isn't that about to happen at Wildwood?

Yeah,but that's more of a Shiddoobee thang. I'm talking about more of a RO vibe.

Riffy
29th August 2007 09:50 PM
glencar true! we'll need the holy trinity to show up...
29th August 2007 09:52 PM
Riffhard
quote:
glencar wrote:
true! we'll need the holy trinity to show up...

Indeed we will! That is a given! I trust that our Sumitt planner extrodinaire Lady Jane can make this happen.

Riffy
29th August 2007 11:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl My trip to Argentina meeting the most enthusiastic stones fans on planet earth!

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
29th August 2007 11:13 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Other highlight of the tour for me: To meet the one and only Madafaka!!

29th August 2007 11:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Of course meeting Soldatti has another highlight, I don't have pictures together but he can clearly seen on the video dedicated to the boss... FYG, WY?
30th August 2007 08:56 AM
glencar I think a summit in Argentina is a must!
30th August 2007 09:05 AM
LadyJane
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Indeed we will! That is a given! I trust that our Sumitt planner extrodinaire Lady Jane can make this happen.

Riffy

Thanks Riffy.
Like planning a family reunion!
Hope to back in full planning mode by Spring.

LJ.
30th August 2007 09:09 AM
glencar Please don't leave it to the last minute!
30th August 2007 09:10 AM
glencar Just kidding! I think we'll need to get a committee together for this one. Should we take over Walter's?
30th August 2007 04:16 PM
Joey " Please don't leave it to the last minute! "

Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)