ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Bittersweet Day..Final show of ABB..share your memories here!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
26th August 2007 11:41 AM
LadyJane The memories and friendships will last a lifetime.

We trekked to Boston for the opener:

Scope, luxy, LJ, Nanky (front)
Throbby, jb (back)

Chicago, Sept '05

The Boardroom

Left: Mindy, TomL
Right: Nanky, Pete the poet, Feej/

SheRat, LJ

ROCC...Parmeda, LJ, SheRat
Chess Studio

LJ (hungover), Parmeda, Nanky, TomL

You should know these legends!!
Parmeda's BBQ

Boomy, Feej, Starbuck

SheRat, Glencar

On to New York City for the {{{{{Summit of the Century}}}}
Jan, 06.

front: scope, glencar, luxy, Riffy, Martha, Jaxx, LJ, MEG,QueenofUnderground.
back: maxlugar, throbby, gazza, Chris

maxlugar, jaxx, gazza, lj, feej, glencar

SheRat, LJ,Queenofunderground, MEG
Pdog, Feej, Maxmeister

egon's friend, egon, feej, sherat, pdog, scope

C10...maxlugar, maxmeister, SS, nanky,egon and friend.

Back to Chicago for the IceBowl show, Oct '06

Parmeda, TomL

Danielle, Parmy, Nanky, TomL, Mindy, Meg, glencar, GTRM

A very cold glencar, Queen, Meg, Tommy Boy

Meggy, glencar, LJ, TomL, Boomy

An LJ sandwich by the Chiba Twins

At Morton's GTRM and LJ.

Celebrating Boomy's birthday at Uncle Morty's
Even got stiffed in Atlantic City..but we made the best of it!

A very dejected group Mindy, Nanky,Pdog, GTRM,TomL, scope, LJ, Mrs scope

Pdog, LJ, SweetVirginia, Scope

Bitch

LJ and Pdog

I could go on but today's events are heating up.
Thanks for the memories my friends.
Thanks to The Rolling Stones for making my dreams come true.

May we all meet again in the future.

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]
26th August 2007 12:01 PM
pdog My first show of the tour was NYC 2005... Sept. almost two years ago. Met SS, Scope, Blue Maxy, Luxy & Throbby... Miss Maxy too... Who am I forgetting?
It was awesome, no sleep and Stones. Took my Dad to the show in Philly, drove to Fresno to see T&A, back to NYC and of course two SF shows and the last Oak. show, my last Stones show????
26th August 2007 12:12 PM
gimmekeef Atlanta twice....Toronto....not as many as other tours but memorable.Met lots of great Stones fans...We gotta do this again!..
26th August 2007 12:15 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:
My first show of the tour was NYC 2005... Sept. almost two years ago. Met SS, Scope, Blue Maxy, Luxy & Throbby... Miss Maxy too... Who am I forgetting?
It was awesome, no sleep and Stones. Took my Dad to the show in Philly, drove to Fresno to see T&A, back to NYC and of course two SF shows and the last Oak. show, my last Stones show????

Bastard! We shared a hotel room! I am shaking with anger! I'll bet you forgot the breakfast at McDonalds as well?! You inconsiderate prick!

Riffy
26th August 2007 12:18 PM
mrhipfl I remember Keith's pick slipping outta my bratwurst sized fingaz in Switzerland '07!

I also remember Keith posing for a photo for me in Switzerland '06.

And I also remember having a nosebleed seat and being the only one in my section screaming during my first Stones show in Tampa '05.

I was at three great shows this tour. I never thought a simple rock n' roll band could change my outlook on life....BUT THEY DID!
26th August 2007 12:20 PM
pdog
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Bastard! We shared a hotel room! I am shaking with anger! I'll bet you forgot the breakfast at McDonalds as well?! You inconsiderate prick!

Riffy

I didn't forget, it was a memeory just for us...
26th August 2007 12:23 PM
Riffhard
quote:
pdog wrote:

I didn't forget, it was a memeory just for us...

Oh you're good. Perhaps too good! LOL!

Riffy
26th August 2007 01:05 PM
Dan No pictures, I am not very sentimental and don't even own a camera.

Anaheim - Not looking good. My dad lives around the corner but going there right after a gig is like throwing a wet towel on a fire. Call Sam and tell him if he gives me a ride home I will buy his ticket. Score 2 outside for $20 each.

Hollywood Bowl - my experiences were very controversial on Shidoobee so I won't dredge that up again, except to say I snuck in both nights.

Sam wins onstage San Diego tickets, one of the most amazing and truly unique concert experiences ever.

Fresno, also controversial in the weeks prior to the show with me threatening to light the ticket on fire if no one buys it

recap here

http://www.geocities.com/ijwthstd/frezticket

The Forum - the only show I really planned on going to and was absolutely amazing even from the very top of the arena

Dodger STadium, one more time from the 4th row, good show capping off a wild month long concert binge.

Met lots of cool people and had a lot of fun.
26th August 2007 01:15 PM
Throwaway Well, I "only" saw 2 shows: DC in October of 2005, and the classic ACII in Nov 2006. The DC show was hot, firing on all cylinders, but I was a bit disappointed that I hadn't seen a really "exclusive" Stones show, as in one that had many rarities. Well, IMO @ ACII I got that show. It was such an event, and you don't really have make me swear by it; several famous RO'ers went and surely were amazed too. If I had to pick my favorite moment between the 2 shows, I'd say its a toss up between BOMH in DC (Ronnie smokin on the slide, and it truly felt like an authentic blues from Chess records in 1957..) or Loving Cup in AC (a beautiful song, live and on Exile). Thanks Mick, Keith, Ron, Charlie, Darryl and the rest!!! (M Cohl can suck it)
26th August 2007 01:44 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle Saw a bunch, and imo, the last one was the best.
Fed my Stones jones in a BIG way, and had me longing for one more drink from their Loving Cup.

05 Fenway I
05 MSG I
05 Philly I & II
06 Boston TD Banknorth Garden I & II
06 MSG II & III
06 RCMH
06 Gillette
06 AC

Can't wait for Shine A Light 08!!
26th August 2007 01:48 PM
LadyJane No pics from my last show...ACII
Kind of a hard time for me, personally.

It was a great show, though...one of the best EVER.

It all came full circle that night for me as my best Stones girlfriend flew in from Florida to surprise me. Since the 8th grade we have loved the Stones and saw many shows together until real life got in the way.

If that was my last show, thanks to whatever forces got Bonita there to be at my side.

GTRM, Steel Wheels, TomL, glencar and jaggergurl made it extra special too!

LJ.

26th August 2007 01:49 PM
fireontheplatter i remember all the money i spent...its on my credit card bill every month.

i remember getting my tickets and then having to wait 3 long months before the hartford show

i remember meeting someone special and drinking cold ones before the baltimore show

i regret not stealing the way cool bigger bang banner they hung up on the fense at giant stadium...there were 4-5 of them and after the show all were gone.

i remember paying 7 dollars for a small lite beer.

26th August 2007 02:40 PM
jaggergurl
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
my last show...ACII

It was a great show, though...one of the best EVER.

GTRM, Steel Wheels, TomL, glencar and jaggergurl made it extra special too!

LJ.

as you did for us, too, my friend...
26th August 2007 02:46 PM
chevysales
quote:
LadyJane wrote:
The memories and friendships will last a lifetime.

We trekked to Boston for the opener:

May we all meet again in the future.

LJ.

[Edited by LadyJane]

abb started 8/21/... 12 shows plus the beacon later it ends (for this tour) ... my memories are in technicolor upstairs since august 2 1975 gator bowl... funny too as with 4k plus in canon photo gear one would think i would have a pic or two...

btw it was great meeting everyone here... as with licks i did learn getting sigle tix day of show anywhere in driving distance was a breeze... lucky thing was this time around they were usually up front and center!

[Edited by chevysales]
26th August 2007 03:10 PM
Martha What an oustanding job LJ! You deserve an award! I love the photos...the greatest memories of my life involve seeing The Stones and meeting so many wonderful people from this message board. We have only just begun to ROCK!

Thanks for posting this thread Queen Jane!

love you sister,
Martha
26th August 2007 03:24 PM
LadyJane
quote:
Martha wrote:
What an oustanding job LJ! You deserve an award! I love the photos...the greatest memories of my life involve seeing The Stones and meeting so many wonderful people from this message board. We have only just begun to ROCK!

Thanks for posting this thread Queen Jane!

love you sister,
Martha

Thanks my friend.
Labor of love.
Those pics are some of the happiest moments of my life!

And there are MORE to come!!!!

LJ.
26th August 2007 03:29 PM
fireontheplatter one more thing i just remembered

paying 4 dollars for a hot dog...with nothing on it!!!
26th August 2007 03:31 PM
TomL Great job LJ. This thread will grow to be the biggest ever.

What a beautiful buzz.....what a beautiful buzz................................................................................

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BUZZ..............

There are things in this life that make us feel good .....then there are us who make each other feel good. If this turns out to be the final show I have memories forever. Woulda coulda shoulda, been there but time is time. I feel they honestly will be back to the states. If it is the end I see mud slinging coming. Don't fall into that trap, enjoy what you have done. If they do end we can still move on with all the friendships.

I don't live for the Rolling Stones, I live for the way of life...........and the good times and good friends I have made.

I am looking for investors to the first Rolling Stones retirement home located some where near Bakersfield for the west coast. I have chosen Charleston, SC for the east coast location. And Omaha for our Midwest branch. And if you want to come with me and Nanky, Jamaica will the the Carribean branch. Voodoo will chair the Mexican Rivera. Gazza will be in Stockholm. Please call TomL if interested.

I am so looking forward to chasing ladies in wheel chairs. And a good gum job is in order.

Hats Off to all of you. It's all of you who make this work.

One Love,
TomL

[Edited by TomL]
26th August 2007 03:38 PM
Got Me Rockin MSG on 1/18 and Giants Stadium on 9/27.

"and life ain't worth a dime, get a girl with far away eyes"
26th August 2007 03:56 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Got Me Rockin wrote:
MSG on 1/18 and Giants Stadium on 9/27.

"and life ain't worth a dime, get a girl with far away eyes"

do you remember when he sang.....SHE DOESN'T FUCKING KNOW MEEE.... at the giants show?
26th August 2007 04:10 PM
Martha
quote:
TomL wrote:
Great job LJ. This thread will grow to be the biggest ever.

What a beautiful buzz.....what a beautiful buzz................................................................................

WHAT A BEAUTIFUL BUZZ..............

There are things in this life that make us feel good .....then there are us who make each other feel good. If this turns out to be the final show I have memories forever. Woulda coulda shoulda, been there but time is time. I feel they honestly will be back to the states. If it is the end I see mud slinging coming. Don't fall into that trap, enjoy what you have done. If they do end we can still move on with all the friendships.

I don't live for the Rolling Stones, I live for the way of life...........and the good times and good friends I have made.

I am looking for investors to the first Rolling Stones retirement home located some where near Bakersfield for the west coast. I have chosen Charleston, SC for the east coast location. And Omaha for our Midwest branch. And if you want to come with me and Nanky, Jamaica will the the Carribean branch. Voodoo will chair the Mexican Rivera. Gazza will be in Stockholm. Please call TomL if interested.

I am so looking forward to chasing ladies in wheel chairs. And a good gum job is in order.

Hats Off to all of you. It's all of you who make this work.

One Love,
TomL

[Edited by TomL]

You Sir, will always be my Capt. Very well said. And count me in for managing the Rolling Stones Denver retirement/vacation spot. Summers can be spent seeing shows at Red Rocks as special "musical therapy" not too mention the various Club spots, The Paramount Theater and Boulder Theater are especially nice.

Dog the Bounty Hunter visits Denver regularly and can be spotted chasing criminals. There's plenty to see and do out here.

Music is the best medicine. Brings us all together.

One Love,
Martha
Sway Team Member since 9/24/05
26th August 2007 04:12 PM
charlotte Thu Sep 15 2005 Giants Stadium
Thu Oct 6 2005 Scott Stadium @ Univ. Of Virginia
Sat Oct 8 2005 Wallace Wade Stadium, Duke University
Fri Oct 21 2005 Bobcats Arena Charlotte, NC
Wed Feb 1 2006 1st Mariner Arena Baltimore, MD
Wed Feb 8 2006 Philips Arena Atlanta, GA
Sun Oct 22 2006 Zilker Park Austin, TX
26th August 2007 04:37 PM
Martha
quote:
charlotte wrote:
Thu Sep 15 2005 Giants Stadium
Thu Oct 6 2005 Scott Stadium @ Univ. Of Virginia
Sat Oct 8 2005 Wallace Wade Stadium, Duke University
Fri Oct 21 2005 Bobcats Arena Charlotte, NC
Wed Feb 1 2006 1st Mariner Arena Baltimore, MD
Wed Feb 8 2006 Philips Arena Atlanta, GA
Sun Oct 22 2006 Zilker Park Austin, TX

Hey charlotte,

I was at the Duke show. Fabulous night! TomL was there too. I have great memories of going there.

:-)

26th August 2007 05:26 PM
TomL My dear Sweet Martha. You are the K in KY. You make everything flow. One of the dearest people I have ever met. You will always be my SWAY sister. Sorry i forgot about the Denver branch. You ever run into Jaxx out there? I got your text today but was a tad busy. Thanks for thinking of me sister. And as always back to you.

One Love.
Sai, TomL, TommyBoy.....Just don't call me late for a party.
26th August 2007 06:20 PM
glencar Oh wow, what a great idea for a thread!

Just sketching the barest outline, the tour for me started in East HFD as I was "skittish" about going to Fenway. My mistake as I ahd the time off but then I canceled my vacation about 1 day before LJ offered me tix to Fenway. Crazy timing! East HFD was a great show. I took my sister & 2 nephews & we ended up right at the B-stage. That was quite a treat for the young lads, one I had to wait 2 decades for.

Next was Chicago which was a wonderful summit in Parmeda's backyard with many tasty treats & it's where I first met Parmy, Boomy, Sherat, Bucky & several others. We also went to Chess Records. I had a friend with me so I missed out on some of the pub crawling & the boardroom hijinks.

Next was a show at MSG. Okay show but ironically, the sound was better at Soldier Field.

Then, finally, I saw them at Hershey Park. This was a great show but possibly my worst view ever. I did espy FPM & what I thought was his son but there a Cold War going on so the less said, the better!

Next up was Hotalanta, which actually was where I first met Joshy. There was a great Shiddooobbbeee pre=party & some of us had a great brunch at the 4 Seasons (or was it the Ritz-C?) courtesy of Joshy. The after-party was a huge mess as my friend Susan got corralled into driving a raving drunk lunatic to whatever hotel that was. Massive traffic meant we got there rather late but we did meet a very nice Chuck Leavell & his wife Rose Lane & also Bernard. I passed on the chance to meet Sideshow Bob aka Blondie.

After Christmas & the New Year, I went to both MSG shows which was a great time. We had the {{{{SOTC}}}} & I met Gazza, Martha & many otehrs for the first time. I missed Egon as I got roped into going to stupid Walter's which TRUST ME, was the wrong move!

A couple of months later, I got to see them at Radio City all for the charitable doantion of $1200. Great buy! They performed fairly well but it was the venue which really served them well. Gratis T-shirts on the seats was a nice touch as was the free cocktails/beers.

Twickenham was next that summer of 2006 & those shows were probably the least impressive, frankly. Not sure if it was my seat the 1st night or what but I was a bit worried. Night 2 was a bit better but they were still a bit off.

Now, back to the USA! I decided to go up to Boston for the huge Foxboro show. A great pre-party was given by Nellcote & otehrs. That show was also a bit off at least in Keith's set but it was better than Twix.

Another trip to Chicago for another great get-together where I met GTRM & Tele. That was an exeprience! The ROer's are great people & no one deserved to get Tele'd. What shit he is! We had a great time nevertheless & my friend from Dublin, Sean, was able to make the show. We enjoyed a couple of fun nights at Kingston Mines & Buddy Guy's too.

Then there was the canceled ACY show. I felt horrible for those who traveled far & wide to get there. We amde the best of it but wow, what a waste!

Then, the Beacon! Can't wait for the film; just hope that doofus Bubba is kept to a minimum although somehow I doubt that'll happen.

Finally, ACY. They made up for it. That was a great show; one of my faves. Keef posed for pix on the B stage & Sway helped with the direction. No post-party which was odd but I think people were shot.

Then last weekend was Dublin. A mudslide that rocked. One of their finer shows musically, except for Keith. But Mick's voice was in fine form & Ronnie palyed his lil ass off. Charlie, likewise.

I don't know if that's the end or not but it's been so much fun. I've enjoyed meeting everyone (except Tele's shit) & I know we'll meet again. You guys are the greatest & frankly, the ACY non-show made it clear that you guys are a huge reason why we get together. Yes, a concert helps but it's not the main reason at this point.

26th August 2007 06:48 PM
Martha
quote:
TomL wrote:
My dear Sweet Martha. You are the K in KY. You make everything flow. One of the dearest people I have ever met. You will always be my SWAY sister. Sorry i forgot about the Denver branch. You ever run into Jaxx out there? I got your text today but was a tad busy. Thanks for thinking of me sister. And as always back to you.

One Love.
Sai, TomL, TommyBoy.....Just don't call me late for a party.

Capt. Tom,

We will SWAY again. :-)

I am seeing Jaxx this coming week. She's fabulous. We chat on the phone often and have gone to Red Rocks twice together this summer. She came to see Dylan in the 5th row his second night there and we caught Ratdog with her. And we all plan to see Phil Lesh & Friends there on Sept. 29th. Red Rock's is a venue you must attend sometime. I would DIE for the Stones to play there. The sound is amazing.

I like being thought of as the K in KY, (once I realized you DIDN'T mean Kentucky! rotflmao!).

We made it through today's set....and the news is good news.

Love you hon.

xxoo,
Martha
26th August 2007 08:46 PM
LadyJane Some more photo memories:

--That's OUR jaggergurl in between the Twins

--Feej meets Mr Watts.

--Gazza meets Mr Watts.

LJ.
26th August 2007 10:07 PM
robpop I had the best night of my life during this tour. I'm not going into details, but I get tears in my eyes just thinking about it. Damn....
27th August 2007 12:15 AM
oldkr ABB ah! what a tour and it aint over yet! (im sure they'll use the same name for asia then they wont have to rebrand anything)

So i saw hmm 15-20 shows, from the opener in Boston to the rescheduled AC. 5 of them consecutive, got on stage twice, backstage twice, in a hospitality room once! saw the beacon shows and radio city!

not a bad run!

best show-- 05 sept Garden for sure! great setlist! REMEMBer that the band and most of the non-warhorses were fresh

1. Start me Up
2. She's so Cold
3. You Got Mr Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back of My Hand
7. Blue version 19 Nervous Breakdown (lots of slide
8. Bitch
9. All Down the Line
10. Get Up Stand Up
Intros (Ron Rehab Wooooood)
11. Worst
12. Infamy
13.Miss you
14. Oh No Not You Again
15.Satisfaction-(was supposed to be Shattered)
16. HonkyTonk Woman
17.Sympathy for the Devil
18. Paint It Black
19. It's Only Rock n Roll
20. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore
21.You Can't Always Get What You Want
22.Brown Sugar

OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]
27th August 2007 01:07 AM
GotToRollMe
quote:
oldkr wrote:
ABB ah! what a tour and it aint over yet! (im sure they'll use the same name for asia then they wont have to rebrand anything)

So i saw hmm 15-20 shows, from the opener in Boston to the rescheduled AC. 5 of them consecutive, got on stage twice, backstage twice, in a hospitality room once! saw the beacon shows and radio city!

not a bad run!

best show-- 05 sept Garden for sure! great setlist! REMEMBer that the band and most of the non-warhorses were fresh

1. Start me Up
2. She's so Cold
3. You Got Mr Rocking
4. Tumbling Dice
5. Rough Justice
6. Back of My Hand
7. Blue version 19 Nervous Breakdown (lots of slide
8. Bitch
9. All Down the Line
10. Get Up Stand Up
Intros (Ron Rehab Wooooood)
11. Worst
12. Infamy
13.Miss you
14. Oh No Not You Again
15.Satisfaction-(was supposed to be Shattered)
16. HonkyTonk Woman
17.Sympathy for the Devil
18. Paint It Black
19. It's Only Rock n Roll
20. Jumping Jack Flash
Encore
21.You Can't Always Get What You Want
22.Brown Sugar

OLDKR
[Edited by oldkr]

Every time I see that setlist I wanna shoot myself in the foot. I was supposed to be at that show. Too tired to do this properly now...hopefully this thread will still be here on Thursday/Friday when I get back.
See ya at MSG next year.

[Edited by GotToRollMe]
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)