ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Political Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
21st August 2007 01:20 PM
pdog
21st August 2007 01:25 PM
Dan Tom Tancredo for President
21st August 2007 01:26 PM
glencar They have FOX News over there in Ireland & one of the "liberal" commentators said of a Hilary(sic) ad that it was very effective except for the fact that her voice is shrill. I can't imagine 4 or 8 years of listening to that!
21st August 2007 01:27 PM
glencar
quote:
Dan wrote:
Tom Tancredo for President

Yes, let's go for those who have NO ZERO NADA ZILCH chance of winning.
21st August 2007 01:28 PM
monkey_man I think None of the Above will win in '08!
21st August 2007 01:28 PM
pdog
21st August 2007 01:36 PM
glencar
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
I think None of the Above will win in '08!

I'd prefer that too!
pdog
pdog
21st August 2007 01:37 PM
glencar
quote:
pdog wrote:

That is THE longest anyone's talked about Linda since 1983.
21st August 2007 01:40 PM
mojoman We live in a political world,
Love don't have any place.
We're living in times where men commit crimes
And crime don't have a face

We live in a political world,
Icicles hanging down,
Wedding bells ring and angels sing,
clouds cover up the ground.

We live in a political world,
Wisdom is thrown into jail,
It rots in a cell, is misguided as hell
Leaving no one to pick up a trail.

We live in a political world
Where mercy walks the plank,
Life is in mirrors, death disappears
Up the steps into the nearest bank.

Where courage is a thing of the past
Houses are haunted, children are unwanted
The next day could be your last.

We live in a political world.
The one we can see and can feel
But there's no one to check, it's all a stacked deck,
We all know for sure that it's real.

In the cities of lonesome fear,
Little by little you turn in the middle
But you're never why you're here.

Under the microscope,
You can travel anywhere and hang yourself there
You always got more than enough rope.

Turning and a'thrashing about,
As soon as you're awake, you're trained to take
What looks like the easy way out.

Where peace is not welcome at all,
It's turned away from the door to wander some more
Or put up against the wall.

We live in apolitical world
Everything is hers or his,
Climb into the frame and shout God's name
But you're never sure what it is
21st August 2007 02:45 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
Yes, let's go for those who have NO ZERO NADA ZILCH chance of winning.

Or Ron Paul. But if it isn't either of those two, it can be Hilary Clinton for all I care.
21st August 2007 09:36 PM
the good
quote:
Dan wrote:
Tom Tancredo for President

he's a dumb ass.
22nd August 2007 01:49 AM
pdog
quote:
the good wrote:

he's a dumb ass.

Ahem!!!
You don't say!
We would never have a dumbass as POTUS?
Just an IDIOT!

22nd August 2007 02:12 AM
MikeyC613 this may flip some shit...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BEsZMvrq-I
22nd August 2007 02:40 AM
pdog
quote:
MikeyC613 wrote:
this may flip some shit...

that's beautiful man... but you know 9-11 changed everything... for us, no one else, of course!
22nd August 2007 03:01 AM
Promo Bob Dylan knows.
22nd August 2007 04:03 AM
pdog
quote:
Promo wrote:
Bob Dylan knows.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
22nd August 2007 04:06 AM
Zack Here's another crock of shit from our president.

Bush: History to prove Iraq war worth it

By BEN FELLER, Associated Press Writer

KANSAS CITY, Mo. - President Bush wants a nation running short on patience with the Iraq war to take a long view, comparing it to U.S. involvements in Asia that lost popular backing but eventually proved their worth and led to lasting peace.

"The ideals and interests that led America to help the Japanese turn defeat into democracy are the same that lead us to remain engaged in Afghanistan and Iraq," Bush said in advance excerpts of a Wednesday speech to the Veterans of Foreign Wars.

"The defense strategy that refused to hand the South Koreans over to a totalitarian neighbor helped raise up an Asian Tiger that is a model for developing countries across the world, including the Middle East," Bush said.

Bush often uses historical comparisons in urging patience on Iraq, but White House aides hope a specific focus on Asia will get skeptics to rethink their positions on Iraq and get beyond the daily, violent setbacks there.

Bush even cites Vietnam as a cautionary tale for those urging troop withdrawals today.

"Three decades later, there is a legitimate debate about how we got into the Vietnam War and how we left," Bush said. "Whatever your position in that debate, one unmistakable legacy of Vietnam is that the price of America's withdrawal was paid by millions of innocent citizens whose agonies would add to our vocabulary new terms like 'boat people,' 're-education camps' and 'killing fields.'"

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev., quickly dismissed Bush's position.

"President Bush's attempt to compare the war in Iraq to past military conflicts in East Asia ignores the fundamental difference between the two," he said. "Our nation was misled by the Bush administration in an effort to gain support for the invasion of Iraq under false pretenses, leading to one of the worst foreign policy blunders in our history."

Bush's speech at the VFW is the first in a planned two-punch combo.

After comparing the current war against extremists with the militarists of Japan and the communists in Korea and Vietnam in Wednesday's speech, he plans to discuss the war in Iraq in the context of its implications for the broader Middle East in a speech next Tuesday at the annual American Legion convention in Reno, Nev.

In the aftermath of Japan's surrender, many thought it was naive to help the Japanese transform themselves into a democracy, Bush will tell the VFW conventioneers. He said critics also complained when America intervened to save South Korea from communist invasion. And in Vietnam, Bush said, people argued that the real problem was the U.S. presence there, "and that if we would just withdraw, the killing would end."

"The advance of freedom in these lands should give us confidence that the hard work we are doing in the Middle East can have the same results we have seen in Asia — if we show the same perseverance and sense of purpose," Bush said.

The president's address at the convention was preceded by a two-day parade of presidential hopefuls and Gen. David Petraeus, the top U.S. commander in Iraq, who addressed the group Monday.

Petraeus and Ryan Crocker, the U.S. ambassador to Iraq, are to report to Congress before Sept. 15 about the impact of the troop buildup that Bush ordered in January. Their report will provide the basis for Bush's decisions about the way forward in Iraq.
22nd August 2007 06:56 AM
corgi37 You Yanks are so funny.
22nd August 2007 06:58 AM
Jumacfly politics sucks so I won t post in this thread, I prefer weeding with Joey while listening to Emotional Rescue.
Now feel free to fight guys
22nd August 2007 10:34 AM
glencar Politics here has entered that boring stage. I think the 2008 race started waaaaaaaaaaaaay too early. We still have another 14 months to go.
22nd August 2007 10:51 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
glencar wrote:
Politics here has entered that boring stage.

I do agree Blue.
now see ya in london setlist thread
22nd August 2007 10:58 AM
the good
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
You Yanks are so funny.

Shut up kangaroo boy.
22nd August 2007 11:23 AM
glencar
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

I do agree Blue.
now see ya in london setlist thread

I will be able to watch the final 2 shows as the setlists come in. Now THAT'S exciting in a way Shrill Hilary(sic) never could be.
22nd August 2007 11:24 AM
glencar
quote:
the good wrote:

Shut up kangaroo boy.

LOL
22nd August 2007 12:17 PM
Dan
quote:
pdog wrote:

Ahem!!!
You don't say!
We would never have a dumbass as POTUS?
Just an IDIOT!

I would prefer a dumbass to an idiot but as far as all the candidates go, there are maybe two who I even like what they are saying and Tom Tancredo is one of them.
22nd August 2007 12:47 PM
Chuck Ronald Reagan on Dubya:

'A moment I've been dreading. George brought his ne're-do-well son around this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the political one who lives in Florida. The one who hangs around here all the time looking shiftless. This so-called kid is already almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll call Kinsley over at The New Republic and see if they'll hire him as a contributing editor or something. That looks like easy work.'

From the just published REAGAN DIARIES. The entry is dated May 17, 1986.

22nd August 2007 12:56 PM
Dan
quote:
Chuck wrote:
Ronald Reagan on Dubya:

'A moment I've been dreading. George brought his ne're-do-well son around this morning and asked me to find the kid a job. Not the political one who lives in Florida. The one who hangs around here all the time looking shiftless. This so-called kid is already almost 40 and has never had a real job. Maybe I'll call Kinsley over at The New Republic and see if they'll hire him as a contributing editor or something. That looks like easy work.'

http://www.snopes.com/politics/satire/kinsley.asp

22nd August 2007 01:07 PM
the good
quote:
Chuck wrote:
Ronald Reagan on Dubya:

Bullshit
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)