ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Confessions of a Stones junkie Return to archive
September 7th, 2005 10:39 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Confessions of a Stones junkie

By Chris Kuc
Published September 7, 2005
Chicago Tribune

I've been hooked on the self-proclaimed world's greatest rock 'n' roll band for more than 25 years--through the mediocre albums, the soaring ticket prices, and the scorn of many friends and co-workers.

The Rolling Stones may be "wrinkly rockers," as many publications have written, but there's nothing like hearing them live, singing so many great songs.

I've seen plenty of Stones performances--22 concerts since '81 spread over eight cities across two countries. And I'll see them again Saturday at Soldier Field.

The Stones of 2005 aren't the Stones of the '60s or even the '90s--and they don't try to be. Mick Jagger no longer bounces up and down on an inflatable penis, tosses rose petals from a cherry-picker high above the audience or races through the adoring crowds. But at 62, the man shows a passion and energy few frontmen of today display. And Keith Richards no longer drinks a bottle of Jack Daniels during every show--well, maybe he does--but the 61-year-old manages to battle through arthritic fingers to bring more passion and soul than guitarists one-third his age.

Throw in a sometimes-sober Ronnie Wood--at 58 the youngest Stone--and Charlie Watts, the backbone of the band at 64, and despite the combined age of 245, they deliver a two-hour-plus rollicking good time and a living history of rock 'n' roll.

There's something about this band that, despite the changing music scene and ageism, simply clicks with me--and I'm not the only one. Despite what many consider outrageous ticket prices ranging from $60 to $450, Saturday's show is sold out and the band has scheduled two more at the United Center in January.

Ah, those ticket prices. How can I defend that? Well, I can only say that if people will spend it, why shouldn't they charge that much?

The Stones are my band. It's what I do. It's how I relax. And it's hard to put a price on that. My iPod has 3,888 songs on it, and about 2,000 of them are live Stones performances. While it also contains U2, Bruce Springsteen, Eminem, the Killers, the Black Crowes, Wilco, R.E.M. and a plethora of blues artists, it's the Stones that receive and will continue to receive the most airplay in my head. Start the Stones up and they never stop? Well, sure, why should they? And why should I?

--Chris Kuc is the Tribune's high school sports editor.
September 7th, 2005 10:45 PM
Riffhard Why is this guy not posting here at Rocks Off?! He sounds like our kinda maniac.

Thanks for the article TTM!

Riffhard
September 7th, 2005 11:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Why is this guy not posting here at Rocks Off?! He sounds like our kinda maniac.

Thanks for the article TTM!

Riffhard

Are you sure Riffy? Probably he posts here
September 7th, 2005 11:11 PM
Riffhard
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

Are you sure Riffy? Probably he posts here

Really Gerardo? Do tell!

Riffhard
September 8th, 2005 10:33 AM
J.J.Flash That's what we all need... some positive thinking, I'm tired of reading these bashers (here at this board)criticizing every move they make....... this album is perfect, we must be all thankful they are still kicking major arses, no matter if Woody or Keith spend time laughing onstage and maybe not playing as much notes as we would like to listen, Goddamnit!!!!

Thank you guys, we love you!

Fuck you bad-mouthing bashers.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
September 8th, 2005 10:38 AM
BILL PERKS
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
That's what we all need... some positive thinking, I'm tired of reading these bashers (here at this board)criticizing every move they make....... this album is perfect, we must be all thankful they are still kicking major arses, no matter if Woody or Keith spend time laughing onstage and maybe not playing as much notes as we would like to listen, Goddamnit!!!!

Thank you guys, we love you!

Fuck you bad-mouthing bashers.
[Edited by J.J.Flash]

WELL SAID JJF-THIS NEGATIVE SHIT IS GETTING STALE ..THE RECORD FUCKIN ROCKS..I CANT WAIT TO SEE EM IN OCT.
September 8th, 2005 10:41 AM
gimmekeef Someone buy this guy a beer Saturday...sounds like one of us Junkies....
September 8th, 2005 10:53 AM
egon

He's calling all the shots these days.
September 8th, 2005 11:13 AM
J.J.Flash
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:

WELL SAID JJF-THIS NEGATIVE SHIT IS GETTING STALE ..THE RECORD FUCKIN ROCKS..I CANT WAIT TO SEE EM IN OCT.

Hi Perky, any plans to see them live here? It's gotta be fun!
Cheers!
September 8th, 2005 11:17 AM
Jumacfly My bet on...puggie!
September 8th, 2005 11:18 AM
Nellcote Finally, today I find some threads with a good vibe.
I've been very, indeed, very fortunate to have seen the
1st three shows this tour. The Stones of '05 are not to be missed. I do not regret a thing.
Enjoy the ride, no telling when it could end....
September 8th, 2005 11:20 AM
egon I hear 2005 (and 2006) is the year of the stones!
September 8th, 2005 11:31 AM
Saint Sway great story. Plus the guys got Stones & Black Crowes on his ipod, so he's cool w/me.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)