ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Mario's the best Elvis in the world... OFFICIAL! Return to archive
September 7th, 2005 09:42 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Mario's the best Elvis in the world... OFFICIAL!
[email protected]
07 September 2005

MARIO Kombou has been hailed the "King" after being named as the top Elvis impersonator - on the planet.

An amazing year for the Muswell Hill musician was topped off in Memphis this month when he clinched first prize in the contest which attracted hundreds competitors from across the globe.

Mario, of Avenue Road, Muswell Hill, said: "It has been a great year for me, it really stands alone by itself, and winning this contest has just capped it really.

"I have entered it five times before. Last year I came second, and now I have been indicted into the King's Hall of Fame.

"It was a fantastic atmosphere in Memphis. You have to be there to believe it."

He charmed the judges with his versions on Burning Love, Can't Stop Loving You and Just Pretend - and got so enthusiastic he even split one of his jewel-encrusted figure hugging costumes on stage.

Mario has just finished his lead role in the West End musical Jailhouse Rock, an experience he found both stimulating and exhausting. He added: "It was such an honour to be involved in the show.

"We were doing eight shows a week and it was physically and mentally exhausting but so, so rewarding."

A trained actor, Mario is looking to get other stage and film roles in the near future.

But he said the King would never die.

"It speaks volume that 28 years after he died, there is still massive interest in this man," he said. "Elvis was the full package and was the first to offer the real rock'n'roll deal.

"I will still always love to perform Elvis - there will always be life in Elvis and I will always want to share that."

[email protected]
September 7th, 2005 09:52 PM
parmeda Sorry 10K...but this guy couldn't put a pimple on Elvis' ass, lol

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)