ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
Đ 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Bridges to Babylon" Is Better Than "A Bigger Bang" Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 7th, 2005 03:19 PM
jcdesq Take the best songs off both:

B2B:

Too Tight
Out of Control
Saint of Me
You Don't Have to Mean It

ABB:

Oh No, Not You Again
Back of My Hand

Let's face it gang, "A Bigger Bang" is the weakest Stones album ever released. Ever. It is worse than Dirty Work, it is worse than Emotional Rescue, it is worse than Steel Wheels, it is worse than Voodoo Lounge, and yes, it is worse than Bridges to Babylon.

By the way, Sir Stonesalot, kudos on your solid review of the album. Honesty is the best policy, even on a fan-board like this one. Well done. You made it OK to criticize the Stones without being jumped on. The fact remains that the Stones still have the best back catalog in music, and the crap they just released does not change that.

The fact that 99% of the people on this board worship the Stones, and the album reviews have been mostly mediocre, is a very scary thing. I think FEMA may have put forth a better effort than Mick and Keith did in the studio for this one...
September 7th, 2005 03:20 PM
lotsajizz blow me, asswhipe
September 7th, 2005 03:21 PM
BlindLemon Howabout "wipe ass, blowpipe" ???
September 7th, 2005 03:22 PM
Some Guy wipe me, blow ass.
September 7th, 2005 03:23 PM
jcdesq Remember when Mets beat the Red Sox in 1986? I bet you got that same sick feeling in your belly when you listened to "Streets of Love."
September 7th, 2005 03:24 PM
Some Guy When SOL blows up there will be no room on the band wagon
September 7th, 2005 03:28 PM
Saint Sway Bridges is a 1000x better than Bang.

and Bridges is a bottom of the barrel Stones album at best.
September 7th, 2005 03:33 PM
BlindLemon Saint Sway,
Methinks u are really going off on a tangent. I mean your ABB comments have been, lets say, inconsistent, with only their first derivative being consistent, inasmuch as the subsequent comments have been ever increasingly negative. Why dont u just say it? ABB is the worst piece of shite ever recorded. Compared to it, Engelbert Humperdinck rulez. Give me Barry Manilow.
or, how about trying to get over the fact that the Black Crowes are not huge? They made a choice, as u put it, not to be, so get over this penis/chart envy that makes u a prime Stonesbasher!
OK, let me rephrase that, sorry to have been so rude: I think u have gone a bit overboard in ur criticism, maybe time to draw-r-another breath? London calling.
[Edited by BlindLemon]
September 7th, 2005 03:42 PM
The Wick jcdesq, unlike many ohters, I happen to agree with some of your comments about the Stones, but I totally disagree with this one. B2B is the worst album they have ever released. ABB is miles better. Although, that horrid Streets of Love (the worst thing they have ever recorded) is worthy of placement on B2B. It would have fit in nicely: the worst thing ever recorded, on the worst album they have ever released.
September 7th, 2005 03:52 PM
gimmekeef Oh No Not This Shit Again!
September 7th, 2005 03:54 PM
Poplar
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
the album reviews have been mostly mediocre...

simply not true.

September 7th, 2005 03:54 PM
marko Keiths poor creative in ABB is very easily to hear.
Theres NO his arranged isnīt there.Youn know his style.
From babylon theres MANY as was on voodoo lounge
Love is strong
you got me rocking
sparks will fly
the worst
i go wild
thru and thru

Flip the switch
You donīt have to mean it
too tight
thief in the night
how can i stop

both "sets" are almots half of the each album,,,
On ABB theres only 3keiths,maybe just 2.
Infamy
this place is empty
+maybe,Driving too fast.

I think,Sir keith has lost his creativity nearly completely,Mick hasnīt.
September 7th, 2005 03:55 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Bridges is a 1000x better than Bang.

and Bridges is a bottom of the barrel Stones album at best.

I agree completely Bridges is 1000x better than Emotional Rescue because that album well- I guess it is the bottom of the barrel.
September 7th, 2005 04:12 PM
time is on my side You know I'm thinking about giving this site a rest for awhile. The negative morons, I guess this site has always had more that it's share, are simply spamming & flooding at this particular point in TIME. I guess their upset the STONES have released a really GREAT ALBMUM (for what it's worth, not much around here, that just my opinion but way too early to really tell for sure- hell I've only listened to it four times).

Opinion is one thing but spamming and flooding is something totally different. If you don't like the album fine, we agree to disagree but, at this TIME, there isn't much worthwhile conversation going on. I got better things to do.

September 7th, 2005 04:16 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
jcdesq wrote:
Take the best songs

ABB:

Oh No, Not You Again

ONNYA is one of ABB's best songs???
Er, right...
September 7th, 2005 04:28 PM
jb
quote:
marko wrote:
Keiths poor creative in ABB is very easily to hear.
Theres NO his arranged isnīt there.Youn know his style.
From babylon theres MANY as was on voodoo lounge
Love is strong
you got me rocking
sparks will fly
the worst
i go wild
thru and thru

Flip the switch
You donīt have to mean it
too tight
thief in the night
how can i stop

both "sets" are almots half of the each album,,,
On ABB theres only 3keiths,maybe just 2.
Infamy
this place is empty
+maybe,Driving too fast.

I think,Sir keith has lost his creativity nearly completely,Mick hasnīt.

Wow!!!!
September 7th, 2005 04:33 PM
Bloozehound After letting it soak in a bit and the initial buzz wear off, it's about as good as I expected, and I admit I was initially expecting a lot worse

A handful of pretty good tunes, and a handful of just "ok" ones - that'll probably grow on you after repeated listens down the years, and about a handful of forgetable sleepers

One thing of note is that parts of it do have a certain feel, a worn in "classic Stones era" feel, similar to VL, that I instantly liked

Overall though, not a whole hell of a lot better or worse, than their previous two albums, kinda of a cross between the 2 actually, with equal amount of the good and the bad

September 7th, 2005 04:36 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
You know I'm thinking about giving this site a rest for awhile. The negative morons, I guess this site has always had more that it's share, are simply spamming & flooding at this particular point in TIME. I guess their upset the STONES have released a really GREAT ALBMUM (for what it's worth, not much around here, that just my opinion but way too early to really tell for sure- hell I've only listened to it four times).

Opinion is one thing but spamming and flooding is something totally different. If you don't like the album fine, we agree to disagree but, at this TIME, there isn't much worthwhile conversation going on. I got better things to do.

please dont go.

I agree that there are far too many people ranking on Bigger Bang.

hmmm.....I'm not sure why that is....

please stay and tell us how great you think Bang is. I want to read about how much you love Rain Fall Down. And how much you think Look What The Cat Dragged In rocks. Tell us how Sweet NeoCon is their best song since Start Me Up.

I honestly want to read what people like about this record

please stay and enlighten us with worthwhile conversation about the wonders of Bigger Bang

September 7th, 2005 04:38 PM
marko I really like a lot of this album,but it isnīt stones.Its
Micks album.
September 7th, 2005 04:41 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Do you feel the music?

Those talking about technique or things like that are in the wrong place, the Stones have never been masters at their instruments, creativity and innovation are not in their vocabulary at all

It's the feeling babies

Are you a Rolling Stone?

Is it in your head? To be a rolling stone... a rolling stone... a rolling stooooooooooooooooone....

Hi Steve

Probably jcdesq and Sir Stonesalot need some medicine, Anybody seen Joey's weed?
September 7th, 2005 04:43 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
marko wrote:
I really like a lot of this album,but it isnīt stones.Its
Micks album.

Who stole marko's password? Is that you marko, my dearest finish friend?

I feel the stone escence on all songs, do you hear Goddess there?
Saint Sway yes. the album reaks of Goddess.
VoodooChileInWOnderl Anybody seen my downers?
September 7th, 2005 04:48 PM
Saint Sway this is easily the best Stones album that has come out in the past 8 years!!!!
September 7th, 2005 05:00 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl That's 100% right

A ain't gonna discuss about it instead I'm going to enjoy the album and soon the tour
September 7th, 2005 05:00 PM
KeepRigid Pretty easy to hear the mark of Keith in stuff like Rough Justice or It Won't Take Long.

But after this tour, I do think less 'collaborating with everybody under the sun' would greatly benefit the next album. He's not just a sideman-for-hire, but 50% of the Jagger-Richards songwriting team.
September 7th, 2005 05:06 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
KeepRigid wrote:
Pretty easy to hear the mark of Keith in stuff like Rough Justice or It Won't Take Long.

word.

thats what the album needs more of. Those songs are great.
September 7th, 2005 05:45 PM
HardKnoxDurtySox I'm not gonna rag on the new album 'cause I like it and it is growing on me with every listen. However, I must partially agree with the starter of this thread: ABB simply does not match up with B2B. And I'm not saying that B2B is a bottom of the barrel Stones album either. In fact, I consider it one of the better albums they've ever done. I know that a big deal was made about how well Mick and Keith were getting along during writing/recording, but, perhaps all of the tension in '96-'97 got their creative juices flowing as each tried to out-do the other.
September 7th, 2005 05:49 PM
Jumping Jack Ranting like a crazy man
September 7th, 2005 05:55 PM
Poplar
Sad to see the board suddenly swamped with a bunch of frowny-faced losers.

Don't like it? sucks for you.

I hereby pledge to stop responding to fuckers like you.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)