ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
Đ 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Kanye West # 1... Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 7th, 2005 12:58 PM
justinkurian 860,000 copies sold since last week...

With "Late Registration," Kanye West rules the school as his sophomore Roc-A-Fella/Def Jam album makes a chart-topping bow on The Billboard 200 this week. After a few weeks of relatively low-key activity on the album chart, West's latest leads a slew of high-profile debuts by G-Unit's Tony Yayo, Brooks & Dunn, Death Cab For Cutie, Casting Crowns, Rihanna, Eric Clapton and Bob Dylan.

The highly-anticipated "Registration" sold 860,000 copies in the United States, according to Nielsen SoundScan, besting the nearest competition by more than 600,000. The total is nearly double the outspoken producer/rapper's previous high water mark, achieved when his 2004 debut, "The College Dropout," opened at No. 2 with 441,000 units. That set has sold 2.7 million to date.

http://www.billboard.com/bb/daily/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1001055714
September 7th, 2005 01:53 PM
gimmekeef With that type of opening week his carry over should keep him at #1 easily.Christ I dont know any of these people.Dylan and Clapton cant even hit 200,000?...I'm going back to my bootlegs...this is sad...Hip Hop Hip Sschmop....
September 7th, 2005 02:16 PM
GimmeExile How many $450 concert tickets has Kanye West sold?
September 7th, 2005 02:20 PM
jb We have lost again b/c of incompetent timing.
September 7th, 2005 02:23 PM
Nellcote My hope is Kanye West will be summarily booed in unison when he takes Gillette Field to sing, prior to the home openah for the NE Patriots, your 2004 NFL World Champions this Thursday evening.
[Edited by Nellcote]
September 7th, 2005 02:25 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
My hope is Kanye West will be summarily booed in unison when he takes Gillette Field for the NE Patriots, your 2004 NFL World Champions.

He will be humiliated...While I don't like Bush, this guyhas said many other stupid things about our Gov. spreading aid and crack..he is a total ass.................................
September 7th, 2005 02:28 PM
time is on my side Just so everybody will know. The releases in question do not include the STONES release since it was only released yesterday. They are talking about last weeks releases
September 7th, 2005 02:30 PM
jb
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
Just so everybody will know. The releases in question do not include the STONES release since it was only released yesterday. They are talking about last weeks releases

uNDERSTOOD, BUT HE WILL SELL AT LEAST ANOTHER 400K PLUS NEXT WEEK COMPARED TO STONES 178k
September 7th, 2005 02:32 PM
Saint Sway Kanye West is a rapper that put out a rap record.

and because of that, a million rap fans will buy it.

The Rolling Stones are a classic rock band that put out a half-assed Bon Jovi record.

and because of that, a million classic rock fans could care less and won't buy it.

the Stones need to drop these poppy Mick tunes and just put out a straightforward Some Girls style rock record and it will be huge. Guaranteed.

But even the greatest snake oil salesman cant sell the public another half-assed Bridges to Babylon. No one wants bullshit. (See Goddess In the Doorway sales figures)
September 7th, 2005 02:34 PM
time is on my side
quote:
jb wrote:

uNDERSTOOD, BUT HE WILL SELL AT LEAST ANOTHER 400K PLUS NEXT WEEK COMPARED TO STONES 178k

Are you typing in CAPS???? It's going to be close (by the way the STONES will sell more than 178K) but my guess is they will probably wind up in second.
September 7th, 2005 02:37 PM
jb 40 Licks sold 350k first week...this will do less imo..maybe 200K?
September 7th, 2005 02:39 PM
Saint Sway Bang is a bust.
September 7th, 2005 02:40 PM
GimmeExile Saint Sway, how many copies did LIONS sell?

Ouch!

Just kidding, buddy! It's hard to say anything nasty to you because I'm big Crowes fan, too.

Do you mind easing off the negativity for awhile?
September 7th, 2005 02:41 PM
time is on my side
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Kanye West is a rapper that put out a rap record.

and because of that, a million rap fans will buy it.

The Rolling Stones are a classic rock band that put out a half-assed Bon Jovi record.

and because of that, a million classic rock fans could care less and won't buy it.

the Stones need to drop these poppy Mick tunes and just put out a straightforward Some Girls style rock record and it will be huge. Guaranteed.

But even the greatest snake oil salesman cant sell the public another half-assed Bridges to Babylon. No one wants bullshit. (See Goddess In the Doorway sales figures)

I have absolutely no idea what release you're talking about. Oh no, look what the cat dragged in, got to get back to work. Later.
September 7th, 2005 02:52 PM
gypsy If Kanye West happens to get a cap popped in his ass, his album sales will go up even higher.
September 7th, 2005 02:54 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
gypsy wrote:
If Kanye West happens to get a cap popped in his ass, his album sales will go up even higher.

are you suggesting we put a cap in Mick to boost sales?
[Edited by Saint Sway]
September 7th, 2005 03:00 PM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

The album is a bust
September 7th, 2005 03:03 PM
gypsy
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

are you suggesting we put a cap in Mick to boost sales?
[Edited by Saint Sway]

just graze his ankle or something?
September 7th, 2005 03:06 PM
Joey " just graze his ankle "

September 7th, 2005 03:11 PM
jb
quote:
Joey wrote:

The album is a bust

Appaently from what people have posted hear...I liked the couple of songs I heard in Boston, but out of 16 tracks, most suggest 1/3 good, the 2/3rds suck.
September 7th, 2005 03:12 PM
BlindLemon Saint Sway,
huge like.... like.... The Black Crowes??? Donīt get me wrong, the Crowes deserve a no. 1. album a millon times more than K.West or K-mart or whatever his name is, itīs just that i donīt think a straight rock or any guitar album for that matter could become huge.
What I cannot forgive, however, is calling ABB a half-assed Bon Jovi record. Bon Jovi is an insult which is among the three things in this world that could propel me to physical violence.
Maybe the only thing.
By comparing the Rolling Stones to Bon Jovi u have done a bad bad thing. A thing so bad, Iīm still looking at my dictionary to be able to say it. Really. I do think thou shouldst repent and apologize for this moment of obvious misfire. Someone hand me the oxygen mask, pls.
September 7th, 2005 03:16 PM
jb Bon Jovi just recieved the 'Diamond" Award in England.
September 7th, 2005 03:20 PM
KeepRigid Okay, I'm bored...

quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

But with that logic, where does that put New Earth Mud, This Magnificent Distance, and Paper?

Bang will sell enough to reach Gold, at least. According to the RIAA, with the exception of No Security, every release since Steel Wheels has landed anywhere from Gold to Multiplatinum status.

By contrast, the Crowes haven't had an album go Gold since Amorica- with the sole exception of Live At the Creek (which also appealed to Zep fans).

Personally, I'd rather see any intervention on the part of snake-oil salesmen be aimed in the direction of my other favorite band.
September 7th, 2005 03:24 PM
Saint Sway Blind Lemon,

have you listened to Bang?

I'm sorry to say it, but songs like Dangerous Beauty, Look What The Cat Dragged In, Rain Fall Down, She Saw Me Coming, BIggest Mistake, Sweet Neo Con, SOL and Driving Too Fast are a lot closer to sounding like bad, cheesy pop-rock Bon Jovi songs than they are to sounding like gritty Stones songs.

if it were one or two or three - as has been the unfortunate trend on most post TY Stones albums - then I could just chalk them up to throw aways. But we are talking about a solid 10 songs that are awful here.

the result is it sounds like one of those bands that *THINK* they rock and try to and go thru all the poses and cliches but wind up just sounding really tame. Its the Bon Jovi formula. Thus the reference. Sorry. But thats how it sounds.

and y'all can knock my beloved Crowes. But the Crowes sound rocks the way the Stones sound did in their heydey. Bang rocks like a bad INXS record.
September 7th, 2005 03:36 PM
jb They are a little soft, no?
September 7th, 2005 03:59 PM
Nellcote Hey Sway....
Understood you like the Crowes, however, most of us here are rabid Stones fans.
Come here to share info, meet up with each other at shows, etc.
Find out more about the Stones.
Not my business to slag another person's tastes, because what do I know.
As I was always told, and now tell my kids,
you got something good to say, say it.
If not, keep it to yourself.
It only discredits you in the public eye...

Keep The Faith, Brother......
September 7th, 2005 04:03 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Hey Sway....
Understood you like the Crowes, however, most of us here are rabid Stones fans.
Come here to share info, meet up with each other at shows, etc.
Find out more about the Stones.
Not my business to slag another person's tastes, because what do I know.
As I was always told, and now tell my kids,
you got something good to say, say it.
If not, keep it to yourself.
It only discredits you in the public eye...

Keep The Faith, Brother......

Nellie, they fucked me at the 4 Seasons...I , sadly, will not make Chicago....
September 7th, 2005 04:05 PM
Nellcote My peeps are still on it, at both locations, are you officially out? Shall I call off the bloodhounds?
September 7th, 2005 04:06 PM
JumpinJackFlash Hmmm, Kayne West will not be around in 40 years, he's lucky if he'll last 4. As well, people will not introduce their childeren to Kayne West the way that we do the Rolling Stones. You cannot in no way compare the two to record sales. The Stones could have put out some childless pop crap for sales to boost, but they didn't. There is a long follwing of the Stones, beieve me, rewgardless of sales, the Rolling Stones are far richer than little Kayne West. Kayne West is not even good enough to plow Keith Richards cottn fields in the back yard. Sorry
September 7th, 2005 04:07 PM
jb
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
My peeps are still on it, at both locations, are you officially out? Shall I call off the bloodhounds?

Need room at walter tower location friday and sat no later than 3pm tommorrow.......................thanks for the effort....
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)