ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: this song is really killing me Return to archive
September 7th, 2005 11:24 AM
Saint Sway seriously. Infamy is horrible. Its killing me. I cant believe Keith put this crap out.

theres some really really bad songs on this record: Look What The Cat Dragged In, Sweet Neocon, She Saw Me Coming, Rain Fall Down, SOL and Biggest Mistake are all so awful that I wouldnt put them on Goddess In The Doorway. They're that bad.

but I'm OK with that. Because they've got Micks fingerprints all over them. I can just dismiss them as "Mick solo songs" and not Stones songs.

fine.

but Infamy is Keiths tune and I've loved every song he's ever put out. But Infamy sounds like Baby Break It Down being covered by a pop band like Matchbox 20. Its so syrupy and pop sounding. Its just too upbeat cheesy to be a Keith song.

I really wish I never heard it. Its so bad. And its Keiths. Man, thats just killing me.
September 7th, 2005 11:56 AM
The_Worst I'll admit I've only listened to the album a few times but I agree with much of what you said.

In my opinion, Look What The Cat Dragged In, & Biggest Mistake sound like filler.

Rain Fall Down, I don't know, it hasn't grown on me yet.

SOL & Sweet Neocon I don't like for reasons discussed for months on this board.

I do disagree with you regarding Infamy & She Saw me Coming however. I like both these tunes & although She Saw me Coming is a pretty simply structured tune both musically & lyrically I think it works well for the Stones.

I'm not sure if you've seen the Stones on this tour yet but I think once you hear Infamy live you get a better appreciation for it.

The one that the jury is still out on for me is "Laugh, I Nearly Died". I understand what impresses everyone about this track...I like the sound but at the same time I can't help but think it's the Stones trying to mimic their past where they were often experiemntal rather than actually being experimental. I have felt this way about different tunes on the past several albums including "Continential Drift" & "New Faces". "Laugh, I Nearly Died" gives me the feeling that they may being trying too hard to sound like the experimental Stones of old.

All that being said, I still enjoy all the songs on this album including the ones above as I believe even the worse of the Stones catalog is better than 99% of the music out there today.

In short, the thing I find most interesting is that almost everyone agrees that this album could have been better if it were 10-12 songs instead of 16. The thing is however, with the exception of SOL & Sweet Neocon, everyone seems in disagreement over which other 2-4 songs should have been dumped.

In my opinion, lose Streets of Love, Sweet Neocon, Look What The Cat Dragged In, Biggest Mistake, & Rain Fall Down & you have a great album. Granted I will always take more Stones than less but I think if you lose these tunes you would have an album that one can listen to straight through & that flows better. Then again, who knows, I'm sure my opinion on some of these songs will change over time!!!
September 7th, 2005 12:11 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
seriously. Infamy is horrible. Its killing me. I cant believe Keith put this crap out.

theres some really really bad songs on this record: Look What The Cat Dragged In, Sweet Neocon, She Saw Me Coming, Rain Fall Down, SOL and Biggest Mistake are all so awful that I wouldnt put them on Goddess In The Doorway. They're that bad.

but I'm OK with that. Because they've got Micks fingerprints all over them. I can just dismiss them as "Mick solo songs" and not Stones songs.

fine.

but Infamy is Keiths tune and I've loved every song he's ever put out. But Infamy sounds like Baby Break It Down being covered by a pop band like Matchbox 20. Its so syrupy and pop sounding. Its just too upbeat cheesy to be a Keith song.

I really wish I never heard it. Its so bad. And its Keiths. Man, thats just killing me.

Mathjis,leave this body!!!
September 7th, 2005 02:37 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
The_Worst wrote:

I'm not sure if you've seen the Stones on this tour yet but I think once you hear Infamy live you get a better appreciation for it.

I've seen them live twice this tour.

Infamy sucked a dead goat both times.

its even worse on Bang. Sounds like a bad Hall & Oats song from the 80s

and its Keiths tune!! Agggggghhhhhh thats killin me!
September 7th, 2005 11:40 PM
Steel Wheels I must be nuts, because I think Infamy is fantastic. It's got a great riff, a nice groove, and it's so Keith! It's a great tune and I can't get it out of my head. It's like a song that was from Main Offender that was kept for this album.

September 7th, 2005 11:43 PM
pdog
quote:
Steel Wheels wrote:
I must be nuts, because I think Infamy is fantastic. It's got a great riff, a nice groove, and it's so Keith! It's a great tune and I can't get it out of my head. It's like a song that was from Main Offender that was kept for this album.

I like it too. Better to be happy like us. these guys keep listeniing to it over and over again. Anyone unhappy with your copies of ABB, send them to me, upon receipt I will send them to good homes. Don't torture yourself, if it sucks then it sucks. Would you keep slamming a door on your dick? No it hurts, don't suffer any longer. PM me for my address, I assure you these will go to good homes in SF Bay Area.
September 7th, 2005 11:47 PM
Egbert I'm hearing a bit of Rockawhile in Infamy.
September 7th, 2005 11:48 PM
Steel Wheels PDog,

Right on the money my Stones-crazed brother. Are you in the Philly area?

I second that motion - I'd be glad to pass around unwanted copies of the great new album.
September 7th, 2005 11:53 PM
exile I like it....its better than the other keith track I think.

at least keith isnt doing his reggae acccent
September 8th, 2005 04:52 AM
blackandblue Infamy is not so bad. Not a great song but certainly not bad either. The worst song Keith ever recorded is Wanna Hold You. Now that was crap!
September 8th, 2005 05:27 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Agggggghhhhhh thats killin me!

RIP Saint Sway
September 8th, 2005 07:21 AM
maumau infamy, she saw me coming, look what are great
neocon and rain fell down are fine
sol and bm suck
that's my opinion

my opinion is also that at a certain point people that are so disappointed with the record AND the stones themselves should say it, maybe repeat it once or twice
then finally take a rest and talk about other things or in other messageboards

just for a change, just to relieve

or, if you mind, explain what is thrilling and satisfactory in expressing discontent again and again and again and again...

and again
September 8th, 2005 08:00 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
maumau wrote:
infamy, she saw me coming, look what are great
neocon and rain fell down are fine
sol and bm suck
that's my opinion

my opinion is also that at a certain point people that are so disappointed with the record AND the stones themselves should say it, maybe repeat it once or twice
then finally take a rest and talk about other things or in other messageboards

just for a change, just to relieve

or, if you mind, explain what is thrilling and satisfactory in expressing discontent again and again and again and again...

and again

You re right Maumau..but if people want to complain....let them do and don't answer..
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)