ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ABB Buyer Beware!? Return to archive
September 6th, 2005 01:15 PM
gimmekeef Well tried to buy ABB at lunch at a Target Store(Walmart like).They had it buried not with the new releases out front.But the copies they had did not have the parental warning label..so I'm assuming its a cleaned up copy.Course I passed but everyone I think here in USA needs to watch that you dont get the bs cleaned version...I'll just play the mp3 version another day till I get the real deal tomorrow...
September 6th, 2005 01:17 PM
cooper I had to get up early for a meeting at work and had to be there at 7am, so I went by wally world and they didnt even have it...so at lunch went to the local chain record store and they wanted 15.88 for it, so I walked away went to Trget and it was only 11.88. Right out in front.
September 6th, 2005 01:18 PM
glencar I haven't heard that Target censors its albums.
September 6th, 2005 01:37 PM
stones2002 target does not do that to their albums like what walmart does. now i do not think BB has any sticker on it at all. We may have seen stuff in adds and what not but not on the album its self. i know i read someone bought BB at walmart and it had fuck and shit in it. i dont think the stones went though with the clean version (its not listed on amazon anywhere anymore) they just did the sticker free album. (think about how many other albums they have done with fuck in it! alot like 3 or 4)
September 6th, 2005 01:40 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
stones2002 wrote:
i know i read someone bought BB at walmart and it had fuck and shit in it.

Don't forget 'tits'...
September 6th, 2005 01:41 PM
scratched I'm going to buy the cleaned up version because naughty words offend me.
September 6th, 2005 01:50 PM
Scottfree Sharks will cry, offends me...
September 6th, 2005 01:57 PM
gimmekeef So has anyone bought a copy in the US without any warning label, played it and it is non censored?..Thanks
September 6th, 2005 02:01 PM
Thing One Oh poop. I just bought mine and it does not have the sticker. I got it at Best Buy. Anyone know if that's the clean version? I feel sick now.
September 6th, 2005 02:10 PM
justinkurian I bought mine, and it didn't have the sticker and it was uncensored.
September 6th, 2005 02:11 PM
Thing One Thanks Justin. My sphincter is now far more relaxed.
September 6th, 2005 02:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Thing One wrote:
Oh poop. I just bought mine and it does not have the sticker. I got it at Best Buy. Anyone know if that's the clean version? I feel sick now.

" When you walk through a storm
Keep your head held high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
Is a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of a lark
Walk on through the wind
Walk on through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never ..........walk alone ..... ( fade to Baby Steelie ) "
September 6th, 2005 03:37 PM
Saint Sway I think its hilarious that places like Walmart will only sell the cleaned up version of Bigger Bang and then stock it right along side Some Girls and Sticky Fingers. Two albums that are lyrically the ultimate guide to debauchery.

some people get so offended by hearing shit or tits or some other silly curse word. Yet, they dont even notice a story line about a guy "in a basement room with a needle and a spoon and another girl to take my pain away". So silly. They dont notice a line like "with a head full of snow" but the second they hear "shit" its whoa slap a sticker on that!!
September 6th, 2005 07:42 PM
Bob Tamp I dont know if there is a clean version of ABB available.
I went to Walmart today after scoring the album in Boston at midnight. My friend bought it, and we put it on... same album.
And Walmart's regional music manager was putting new releases out when we got there, and I asked him if it was Walmarts policy not to sell albums with obsenities on them, and he confirmed it was so.

Bottom line- the regular edition is the only one I have seen, and I was at two Walmarts today for other shit, and I even had to stop at Target, and they have the regular version.

I dont think the "clean" version exists.
September 6th, 2005 07:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:

Don't forget 'tits'...

theres a "wankers" in there as well! Gasp, the outrage of it all!
September 6th, 2005 07:46 PM
Gazza
quote:
stones2002 wrote:
target does not do that to their albums like what walmart does. now i do not think BB has any sticker on it at all. We may have seen stuff in adds and what not but not on the album its self. i know i read someone bought BB at walmart and it had fuck and shit in it. i dont think the stones went though with the clean version (its not listed on amazon anywhere anymore) they just did the sticker free album. (think about how many other albums they have done with fuck in it! alot like 3 or 4)

try seven

(Exile, IORR, Some Girls, Undercover, Dirty Work, Voodoo lounge, BTB)

Foul mouthed scumbags, they are!
September 6th, 2005 07:49 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

theres a "wankers" in there as well! Gasp, the outrage of it all!

And what about that Sergeant Pepper eh? The horror!
September 6th, 2005 07:58 PM
Steel Wheels Tower Records in Philly did not have the album up front - Clapton was up front. Out of the nearly 100 copies of the new Stones I saw, not one had a warning label or anything regarding censored material.

September 6th, 2005 08:24 PM
cabledogg2 The Best buy i bought my copy at had no advertisment of any kind! No posters , No Featured display , No nothing . The Cashier (20 something male) that rang me up looked at the cd cover and said "These guys look old!!!!!!! THE SHAME OF IT ALL............cabledogg2
September 6th, 2005 09:41 PM
Soldatti
quote:
cabledogg2 wrote:
The Best buy i bought my copy at had no advertisment of any kind! No posters , No Featured display , No nothing . The Cashier (20 something male) that rang me up looked at the cd cover and said "These guys look old!!!!!!! THE SHAME OF IT ALL............cabledogg2

It's sad, Virgin (and the Stones) know that the chances for a US #1 is less than zero, Kanye West sold an incredible 905,000 copies the first week and is looking for another 500k this week. Well done Virgin, great release date!
All the chances for a #1 are in UK now.
September 7th, 2005 08:29 AM
gimmekeef Dont be surprised if the Neocons in the USA dont try to nail Virgin or the Stones ala Janet Jackson for not putting the warning labels on...Or was that a deliberate publicity move?....
September 7th, 2005 11:46 AM
Jerry in Boston
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
So has anyone bought a copy in the US without any warning label, played it and it is non censored?..Thanks

Yep... Newbury Comics in Boston... no sticker... not censored.

I love this (fucking, shit, tits, wanker) record, by the way!
[Edited by Jerry in Boston]
September 7th, 2005 04:07 PM
mmdog
quote:
Gazza wrote:

try seven

(Exile, IORR, Some Girls, Undercover, Dirty Work, Voodoo lounge, BTB)

Foul mouthed scumbags, they are!

Gazza,

It's eight. You forgot the album that has a song with Fuck in the title. Goat's Head Soup.
September 7th, 2005 05:14 PM
Jair
quote:
scratched wrote:
I'm going to buy the cleaned up version because naughty words offend me.

Love the English humour...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)