ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: densmore comments in letter to la times (ssc).... Return to archive
September 6th, 2005 06:28 AM
mac_daddy

this was in the letters section last sunday. the clip has been siting on my desk to type up, and i didnt get to it until this morning... there was a pic of mick and ronnie above the letter, which was written in response to hilburn's "back with new wrinkles" article that was in the 8/21 ewspaper (probably can find it on calanderlive.com)...

_____

quote:

HE SHOULD KNOW

I very much enjoyed Robert Hilburn's courageous article on challenging old rockers to not become tribute bands to themselves or their wallets! I recently ended the trial portion of an ongoing two and a half year legal battle on this very subject.

The only thing Mr. Hilburn failed to mention in his list of how expensive ticket prices are this summer was that Tom Petty's are half because he chooses to give a break to his fans and has no corporate spionsorship.

John Densmore
Hollywood

John Densmore was the drummer and a founding memeber of the Doors.

(from the letters in the calander section of august 28's los angeles times)
September 6th, 2005 07:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Oh, so Densmore's still sore? ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
September 6th, 2005 07:56 AM
gotdablouse "The only thing Mr. Hilburn failed to mention in his list of how expensive ticket prices are this summer was that Tom Petty's are half because he chooses to give a break to his fans and has no corporate spionsorship."

er..wouldn't sponsorship normally help reduce ticket price ? Sounds like someone dropped a bit too much acid in the days !
September 6th, 2005 09:33 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Sounds like someone dropped a bit too much acid in the days !

Not enough.
Densmore is just still pissed off that Ray & Robbie canned his ass.
September 6th, 2005 11:42 AM
GimmeExile I don't get John Densmore. Wasn't he in the Doors reunion in 2002? Was he fired and then became bitter and sued?

Also, he was the only remaining member of the Doors who appeared in Oliver Stone's film "The Doors." And he has the nerve to rip people for tributes/cashing in on classic rock bands?

[Edited by GimmeExile]
September 6th, 2005 12:03 PM
Too Tough
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
"The only thing Mr. Hilburn failed to mention in his list of how expensive ticket prices are this summer was that Tom Petty's are half because he chooses to give a break to his fans and has no corporate spionsorship."

er..wouldn't sponsorship normally help reduce ticket price ? Sounds like someone dropped a bit too much acid in the days !

My thoughts exactly. Sponsorship (hypothetically) reduces prices by underwriting tour costs.
September 6th, 2005 04:58 PM
Saint Sway if sponsorship reduces ticket costs by underwriting tour costs... then why are Ameriquest sponsored Stones tickets $500????

hmmmm......

oh yeah... cuz the Stones are THE GREEDIEST bastards in the entire music business! Bingo! Thats it!

Yup. The greediest. Bar none.

(and with that said, I quickly put on my flame retardant suit and await the brainless sheep around here to defend their beloved Stones exhorbant ticket prices...)
September 6th, 2005 05:43 PM
69 Chevy I see Petty everytime he tours just to show my support for him keeping his ticket prices low! And he rocks! Of course the Stones don't keep ticket prices low and I see them every tour as well.
September 7th, 2005 12:18 AM
Lethargy John Densmore is a douchebag.

So he's against band greed eh? Then why have THE DOORS - a band with SIX studio albums - released literally dozens and dozens of compilation albums? Hmm, artistic integrity? I think not.

There is just about NOTHING I despise more than hypocracy.
September 7th, 2005 12:23 AM
the good I taught his niece statistics last semester. Her name was Alexanda Densmore. First day of class I ask her "any relation?", not thinking some 20 year old chick would have the slightest idea what is was talking about. She says "Yeah, he's my uncle". And she wasn't kidding!
September 7th, 2005 07:59 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
the good wrote:
I taught his niece statistics last semester. Her name was Alexanda Densmore. First day of class I ask her "any relation?", not thinking some 20 year old chick would have the slightest idea what is was talking about. She says "Yeah, he's my uncle". And she wasn't kidding!

September 7th, 2005 08:00 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
oh yeah... cuz the Stones are THE GREEDIEST bastards in the entire music business! Bingo! Thats it!

Yup. The greediest. Bar none.

NO. They're just victims of the law of supply and demand like everybody else.
September 7th, 2005 10:40 AM
Saint Sway victims???

hardly.

They're crooks. Spin it any way you want to. But selling $500 tickets is criminal.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)