ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Looting in New Orleans reaches a new low Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
September 6th, 2005 05:57 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Look at this and tell me what you think

http://www.zippyvideos.com/8911023771013466/countdown-looting-in-walmart/
September 6th, 2005 08:22 AM
glencar Wow. They showed at least 4 cops looting. The pick-up truck that was overflowing with loot was pretty telling. Most people don't ahve a problem with those in the city taking some food or bottled water but there was a shot of a little kid taking one of those little motorized Jeeps. Was that to get through the water?
September 6th, 2005 10:10 AM
Voodoo Scrounge What happened to the shoot to kill idea
September 6th, 2005 10:13 AM
glencar They shot & killed 4 or 5 the other day who were trying to rob some of the men sent to help with the rebuilding.
September 6th, 2005 10:16 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I suppose that robbing a walmart isnt as bad as some of the other stuff going on over there. But when you see the police joining in, its ridiculous
September 6th, 2005 10:18 AM
glencar And the stuff some of the people were taking. When your life is falling apart, do you really need a crappy shirt from Walmart?
September 6th, 2005 10:24 AM
egon nope, what you need is a bigger bang
September 6th, 2005 10:28 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
When your life is falling apart, do you really need a crappy shirt from Walmart?

Well I suppose that depends on whether you have a shirt or not.
September 6th, 2005 10:37 AM
Gimme Shelter Wal-Mart has Stones shirts
September 6th, 2005 10:41 AM
Gazza but will they stock the album because the word 'fuck' is in one of the songs?
September 6th, 2005 10:45 AM
Moonisup Very sad
September 6th, 2005 11:52 AM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
Gazza wrote:
but will they stock the album because the word 'fuck' is in one of the songs?

They will but it will be edited. Total Bullshit.
September 6th, 2005 11:55 AM
jb If Bush has acted competently, less people would have died and suffered. I would steal anything to survive and help my family.
September 6th, 2005 11:57 AM
Thing One Deadbeats! All of them! Get a job! And a haircut! Nappy haired, sasquatch smellin' scofflaws.

And could the ass on that cop be any bigger? Like being arrested by Cedric the Entertainer.
September 6th, 2005 11:57 AM
glencar Joshy, don't let your anti-Bush relexivity interrupt the flow of your posts. I'll try to tame my inner rage at Gov. Blanco which, oddly enough, didn't exist before this tragedy.
September 6th, 2005 11:58 AM
Joey " If Bush has ( sic ) acted competently, less people would have died and suffered. "

< ----- Hurricane Katrina is THE defining moment of the Bushie43 Presidency

Damn Straight Lil' Fella ..............
September 6th, 2005 11:59 AM
glencar Keep dreaming. Poll shows that mpst people don't blame him for the screw ups down there.
September 6th, 2005 12:02 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Keep dreaming. Poll shows that mpst people don't blame him for the screw ups down there.

His poll ratings are nearing the nadir of the Nixon Presidency ( See : August , 1974 )

Developing ..................................

Shiver ..............................

Sassy Tree !
September 6th, 2005 12:03 PM
glencar Yes, they're bad but he'll get them up soon. Anyway, they're not that important compared to the devastation in LA & MS.
September 6th, 2005 12:06 PM
jb Haley Barbor got preferential treatment b/c he was RNC Chairman.....he looks like a roasted pork!
September 6th, 2005 12:06 PM
Thing One You wanna see shameful? Jackasses! Just watch all the south Florida lawyers descend on Louisiana like vultures. And jb will leading the way. He'll be wearing high wading boots, by Eddie Bauer, an urban sombrero, by Elaine Benes and fancy pants from some foreign manufacturer whose name I can't spell.
September 6th, 2005 12:08 PM
glencar Joshy does like his clothes but he needs to remember that clothes don't make the man.
September 6th, 2005 12:10 PM
Thing One If jb did not have his fancy clothes, he'd be just another Woody Allen. Except not as clever.
September 6th, 2005 12:28 PM
jb
quote:
Thing One wrote:
You wanna see shameful? Jackasses! Just watch all the south Florida lawyers descend on Louisiana like vultures. And jb will leading the way. He'll be wearing high wading boots, by Eddie Bauer, an urban sombrero, by Elaine Benes and fancy pants from some foreign manufacturer whose name I can't spell.

This was beyond gross negligece, indeed, it rises to crimminal negligence. The Government must pay , both on the state, local, and Federal level for the suffering they have caused the great peiople of New orleans.
September 6th, 2005 12:28 PM
Poplar NEW ORLEANS - With a major levee break finally plugged, engineers struggled to pump out the flooded city Tuesday as authorities braced for the horrors the receding water is certain to reveal. "It's going to be awful and it's going to wake the nation up again," the mayor warned.

------------

fuck this guy. We're wide awake and watching, buddy. the whole damn country. Why don't you drop your sob-story shit and show some god-damned leadership? Also, since you bear as much blame as anyone (and no doubt there's plenty to go around) shut your damn mouth and stop acting like this is ALL someone else's fault.

This guy is about enough to piss me off.

September 6th, 2005 12:31 PM
jb
quote:
Poplar wrote:
NEW ORLEANS - With a major levee break finally plugged, engineers struggled to pump out the flooded city Tuesday as authorities braced for the horrors the receding water is certain to reveal. "It's going to be awful and it's going to wake the nation up again," the mayor warned.

------------

fuck this guy. We're wide awake and watching, buddy. the whole damn country. Why don't you drop your sob-story shit and show some god-damned leadership? Also, since you bear as much blame as anyone (and no doubt there's plenty to go around) shut your damn mouth and stop acting like this is ALL someone else's fault.

This guy is about enough to piss me off.

He is under great pressure and duress. Think of the enormous task of recovering the dead, getting help to the need, and rebuilding this great City. Sure, he shares part of the blame, but remember, this was an event that, apparently, all levels of Gov. underestimated.
September 6th, 2005 12:44 PM
Thing One
quote:
jb wrote:

This was beyond gross negligece, indeed, it rises to crimminal negligence. The Government must pay , both on the state, local, and Federal level for the suffering they have caused the great peiople of New orleans.

See what I mean. It's strange how greedy plaintiffs' attorneys justify their end game. This motherfucker can't even spell and he's going to obtain justice for the good folks of Louisiana? Where were all the lawyers before this happened? How many lawyers you think gave a poor person a ride out of town? How many refugees you putting up in your stucco mansion jb? How many blowhard?
September 6th, 2005 12:54 PM
Poplar The lesson here: never depend on the governmet for squat.
Local/state/fed, you expect anything from these people and you're screwed.
Sadly, this is especialy the case for the oldest, poorest, sickest, etc...

funny - i gave my rant, walked into the living room, and he was on tv. Thank god SOMEONE in charge reads this board!

[Edited by Poplar]
September 6th, 2005 01:03 PM
jb
quote:
Thing One wrote:

See what I mean. It's strange how greedy plaintiffs' attorneys justify their end game. This motherfucker can't even spell and he's going to obtain justice for the good folks of Louisiana? Where were all the lawyers before this happened? How many lawyers you think gave a poor person a ride out of town? How many refugees you putting up in your stucco mansion jb? How many blowhard?

Once proud Fiji acts so humble.
September 6th, 2005 01:03 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gimme Shelter wrote:
They will but it will be edited. Total Bullshit.

Really? I mean, really?

I just heard 'fucking up my life' come out of my stereo. Yes, I bought the album today. Not at Walmart though. We don't have any Walmarts over here. If we did, I would be tempted to loot (what a strange word, didn't even know it before the first CNN reports after the hurricane!) them.
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)