ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I had a Voodoo Weekend Return to archive
September 5th, 2005 07:40 PM
winter I drove down from Boston to Newport this weekend and decided to take VL with me. Haven't listened to it in a while. I forgot how good parts of it really is - Love is Strong, I Go Wild, Moon is Up, New Faces, Baby Break in Down, the Worst, and Thru and Thru are all excellent. ABB maybe better in terms of overall product (some of the songs of VL are awful - e.g., Suck on the Jugular), but the 7 songs that I have listed are pretty fantastic. On second thought, I'd add Blinded by Rainbows to the list as well.

wintah
September 5th, 2005 07:52 PM
Soldatti VL is very underrated, it's a great album with a great retro sound.
September 5th, 2005 07:58 PM
winter
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
VL is very underrated, it's a great album with a great retro sound.

Agreed - the opening to Love is Strong still give me shivers. Two negatives - 1. Mick's lyrics ruin what would otherwise be good songs - e.g., sparks will fly and you got me rockin' 2. some of it is too polished.

I have seen keith do the worst 3 times this tour, and I have to say I love it. I know people would prefer to hear Little T&A, You got the Silver, etc. But the Worst is one of Keith's best ballads - up there with All About You.

wintah.
September 6th, 2005 12:33 PM
jb Mick Taylor is responsible for the beautiful melodies in "Winter".
September 6th, 2005 04:18 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
jb wrote:
Mick Taylor is responsible for the beautiful melodies in "Winter".

a virtual blueprint for Black Crowes ballads
September 6th, 2005 04:32 PM
Jaxx you're right about VL. there's some great stuff on that one--my favorites being love is strong, i go wild, suck on the jugular, brand new car, blinded by rainbows, you got me rockin. another under rated cd IMO is undercover. i really enjoy that one as well. great guitar work, high energy on that one.

i recently picked up dirty work and checked it out for the first time. that project is one P.O.S. and i'm glad i only paid 7 bucks for it. i couldn't get into it at all. at least emotional rescue grew on me over time.
[Edited by Jaxx]
September 7th, 2005 09:34 AM
Joey
quote:
Jaxx wrote:

i recently picked up dirty work and checked it out for the first time. that project is one P.O.S. and i'm glad i only paid 7 bucks for it. i couldn't get into it at all.

You SHALL be greeted .
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)