ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang World Tour 2005 - 2006
Gracias Lour!
Bradley Center, Milwaukee - 8th September 2005
© 2005 Tom Lynn with special thanks to Montana!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Sweet Neocon Return to archive Page: 1 2
September 6th, 2005 09:28 PM
the good I stand by my statement: Its funky!!!
September 7th, 2005 01:08 AM
Bitch how about these lines
"you're a crock of shit"
and
"it gives me the shits"

sounds pretty shitty
but
I agree with the point of the somg, to rebel against war. that's the real message here, stop the killing

Did hard-core KEITH really say it's "pointy pointy" as Riffhard reported on Sun.?

September 7th, 2005 01:54 AM
Zulu Fun Mix The best lines in "Sweet Neo Con" come towards the end:

"Who needs these foolish friendships"
"We're going it alone"

It's direct attack on arrogant American unilateralism, ignoring Europe and other allies to do whatever the fuck it stupidly wants. And now it's reaping the whirlwind. A powerful song. Third best on the album, IMO, right after ONNYA and the equally menacing/political "Dangerous Beauty."
September 7th, 2005 09:35 AM
the good
quote:
Zulu Fun Mix wrote:
The best lines in "Sweet Neo Con" come towards the end:

"Who needs these foolish friendships"
"We're going it alone"

It's direct attack on arrogant American unilateralism, ignoring Europe and other allies to do whatever the fuck it stupidly wants. And now it's reaping the whirlwind. A powerful song. Third best on the album, IMO, right after ONNYA and the equally menacing/political "Dangerous Beauty."

I love arrogant American unilateralism. The only thing better is the Bush administration's fascist oil policies. Oh, and their nazi imperialism.
September 7th, 2005 09:40 AM
Jumacfly this song and this thread are boring...
September 7th, 2005 10:26 AM
The_Worst The topic, the lyrics, & the music to "Sweet Neocon" all suck... It sounds like an unfinished track from "More from The VooDoo Lounge". Quite often I like a raw sound but in this case it just sounds like a half-assed track thrown together to get the album some attention... Worse cut on the album...
September 7th, 2005 12:52 PM
the good
quote:
The_Worst wrote:
The topic, the lyrics, & the music to "Sweet Neocon" all suck... It sounds like an unfinished track from "More from The VooDoo Lounge". Quite often I like a raw sound but in this case it just sounds like a half-assed track thrown together to get the album some attention... Worse cut on the album...

So how do you really feel about it?
September 7th, 2005 02:57 PM
texile i'm a raging pinko-commie and i wanted to love neocon - but i agree with those that find it weak.....the lyrics are so rudimentary - but i was at least expecting the music to give it some balls....but the music makes it seem weaker...
however, dangerous beauty is brilliant...dark and mysterious...THIS is the one that should have gotten the hype - not sweet neocon....
September 7th, 2005 03:04 PM
Saint Sway sounds like they were going for a Clash style faux reggae arrangement. Only they're not The Clash and the song wounded up sounding really lame and hokey.

great lyrics though. It could of been a Stones classic if they had given it an angry Keith guitar treatment - like on Wicked As It Seems, Hand of Fate or I Go Wild. It would of made it more edgier. And the song would have more bark and bite. Instead of sounding so dopey.
September 7th, 2005 03:59 PM
the good
quote:
texile wrote:
i'm a raging pinko-commie and i wanted to love neocon - but i agree with those that find it weak.....the lyrics are so rudimentary - but i was at least expecting the music to give it some balls....but the music makes it seem weaker...
however, dangerous beauty is brilliant...dark and mysterious...THIS is the one that should have gotten the hype - not sweet neocon....

I like SN but dangerous beauty is killer.
September 7th, 2005 08:08 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
sounds like they were going for a Clash style faux reggae arrangement. Only they're not The Clash and the song wounded up sounding really lame and hokey.

great lyrics though. It could of been a Stones classic if they had given it an angry Keith guitar treatment - like on Wicked As It Seems, Hand of Fate or I Go Wild. It would of made it more edgier. And the song would have more bark and bite. Instead of sounding so dopey.

Yeah, that's pretty much my take on it too. And as I'm sure you can guess I really really wanted it to be the best thing on the album! I'm really glad they did it, but wish they'd done it better!

Funny that Dangerous Beauty was totally ignored by all of the right-wing hand wringers - it's a much better song, and the subject matter is handled better. Only problem with that song is that Lynndie England is anything but beautiful.

September 7th, 2005 09:40 PM
the good
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Yeah, that's pretty much my take on it too. And as I'm sure you can guess I really really wanted it to be the best thing on the album! I'm really glad they did it, but wish they'd done it better!

Funny that Dangerous Beauty was totally ignored by all of the right-wing hand wringers - it's a much better song, and the subject matter is handled better. Only problem with that song is that Lynndie England is anything but beautiful.

I haven't ignored it! Great song. She is really disgusting... I think they could make a GREAT video for this tune. Eva Longoria as the prison guard..
September 7th, 2005 11:12 PM
sirmoonie Holy fucking moly!

Dangerous Beauty is about Lynndie England isn't it?

Do the Bush geeks know about this? Hell, does John Gibson know about this?

I'm not kidding, this trumps Aruba, this trumps Sweet Neekie, this trumps New Orleans, this is big time!
September 8th, 2005 12:40 AM
the good
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:
Holy fucking moly!

Dangerous Beauty is about Lynndie England isn't it?

Do the Bush geeks know about this? Hell, does John Gibson know about this?

I'm not kidding, this trumps Aruba, this trumps Sweet Neekie, this trumps New Orleans, this is big time!

Its a cool song. Great work by Keith. Quickly becoming my favorite from the new album. And its a FAVORITE WITH THE CHIEFS OF STAFF!!!
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)