ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Stones Book Return to archive
09-05-03 12:26 PM
purrcafe Found a copy of this new coffee table book that closely mirrors the Beatles Anthology in look, feel, and content. It's nicely put together and from what I saw of the text really doesn't contain any new or controversial information. Still, the content is all taken from interviews that the band gave throughout the years, so it is nice to see their story told from a real insiders perspective. All in all a nice package. From what I can tell, the only store that currently has it available is Barnes and Noble. I'd wait until used or review copies start popping up, as it has a pretty hefty price tag ($40.00).
09-05-03 12:36 PM
jb It will be 9.99 in a few months like all the other books which have bombed.
09-05-03 12:47 PM
purrcafe JB,

You are probably correct, which is good for us fans, but kind of unfortunate, since they've all been pretty nice pieces of work.
09-05-03 12:56 PM
Joey " It will be 9.99 in a few months like all the other books which have bombed. "

Ah contrare my Comfy Eames Couch sitting pal .

" OLD GODS ALOMOST DEAD " was on the the New York Times Best Seller list for a record sixty eight weeks and was No. # 1 for an astounding fifty three of those said weeks --selling eighteen million copies in the states alone and one hundred and fifty million copies worldwide ( including two million copies in Ceylon -- go figure ! ) .

New Yorkers especially loved it as they perused the massive tome as a palliative thereby ameliorating and alleviating the tremendous pain caused by 9/11 . ( I think I just hurt myself ) .

Hey , buy the way , are the other building that were damaged by the collapse of the Twin Towers fully operational now ?????

Just curious ?????

Jersee !