ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Clapton wanted to join the Stones, but Keith said.... Return to archive Page: 1 2
09-04-03 09:26 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't think it said anywhere in that article that Keith doesn't like Eric Clapton. Keith said that in 1974, the only guy lazier than Keuth himself...was Eric Clapton.

Wasn't Eric in the deep clutches of horse then?

And IMO, Keith was right about Clapton not being a "band" kind of guitar player. He's like Jeff Beck in that regard. Lots of technique...short on emotion....and craves all the spotlight for himself.
09-04-03 10:42 PM
Martha Wasn't Eric in the deep clutches of horse then?

Yes.

And IMO, Keith was right about Clapton not being a "band" kind of guitar player. He's like Jeff Beck in that regard. Lots of technique...short on emotion....and craves all the spotlight for himself.

Now, that you've mentioned nim, Stonesy, I just got to see Jeff Beck for the first time at the B.B. King Music Fest in Cleveland a couple of weeks ago. Had fifth row seats, dead center and I was totally blown away by Jeff. I couldn't take my eyes off of him for a minute. Maxy you were right all along. He is truly remarkable. Astonishing really. Still looks great with the rooster hair and the tight black vests. His body is permanently molded into the shape of his guitar...it fits there perfectly as though he was born that way.

You know though, as I watched him performing, I realized he is a bit shy. He wasn't really that engaged with the audience in a flashy arrogant way, I mean, which he certainly could afford to pull off, with the talent he possesses. He was mostly concentrating and playing his heart out with Terry Bozio playing behind him on a bahzillion drums and cymbals...I counted 'em. That "kit" looked like tank. I kept waiting for him to drive it off the stage, plow over us all as he drove off into the lake. LOL It would have been a great way to end the set.

Great show.

And B.B. IS the King of the Blues. He plays the happiest blues I've ever heard.

AND the Rock Hall now has a gigantic wall behind the rock and roll costumes exhibit on the bottom floor, of the Stones' Beggar's Banquet...I almost missed seeing it but, fortunately, a piece of it caught my eye. Look for it the next time you visit. Also, George Harrison's exhibit is coming in early 2004.

Keep rockin' everyone, it makes life worthwhile.
09-05-03 12:11 AM
BILL PERKS JOEY-LARRY HAGMAN IS DRINKIN AGAIN...ACCORDING TO THE RAGS
09-05-03 07:54 AM
John Wood In the 70's Keith's infant child that died was a boy (Tara) not a girl. They named him Tara after Keith's friend Tara Browne. He died in a car crash in the 60's and is remembered in the Beatles song A Day In The Life.
09-05-03 09:42 AM
Boomy Yes, you are correct.
09-05-03 09:55 AM
steel driving hammer
quote:
John Wood wrote:
He died in a car crash in the 60's and is remembered in the Beatles song A Day In The Life.

Well thats nice!

But there will always be a Stones/Beatles feud on which I love.

The great question; Who was better, the Beatles or the Stones.
09-05-03 09:57 AM
Joey " JOEY-LARRY HAGMAN IS DRINKIN AGAIN...ACCORDING TO THE RAGS "

Isn't it absolutely beautiful ????????????

That's my Hagman !

Joeykins !
09-05-03 10:34 AM
Boomy Joey, is there a Dallas reunion show in the works?
09-05-03 01:27 PM
Pattie
Keith, what can I say, his sense of fashion is gone but I still like his legs,he's got nice skinny legs, not many men have nice legs
09-05-03 01:32 PM
nankerphelge Hey minxy!
09-05-03 01:36 PM
Joey " Joey, is there a Dallas reunion show in the works? "

No , just THIS :

http://www.museum.tv/archives/etv/H/htmlH/hagmanlarry/hagmanlarry.htm

09-05-03 01:37 PM
nankerphelge I actually caught Larry on CNN yesterday at lunch talking about the 25th anniv of Dallas. He looked bad!
09-05-03 01:41 PM
Pattie
Hi nanky!
09-05-03 01:42 PM
Joey " I actually caught Larry on CNN yesterday at lunch talking about the 25th anniv of Dallas. He looked bad! "

I hear his doctor prescribed Heminevrin tablets to curb his drinking .

Shiver ......................

Developing .................

J.
09-05-03 02:22 PM
steel driving hammer Do the boys still have one studio album left on their contract?

On a side note, today about 20 of us at work had lunch at TGIF's and I spilled my iced tea all over the table and while trying to stop it, my salad bowl fell off the table as well and broke.

What a fool I was, yeah she da boss!

09-05-03 03:03 PM
Boomy I don't know about that Steelie. In an article in Rolling Stone (the 100 greatest guitarists one; an article about their jump to going online with their catalog) there is a part of a paragraph that goes something like this:

"The deal with Rhapsody closed about a month ago - when the Stones renewed their recording agreement with EMI, the label made sure to reach a digital-rights deal with the band as well."

I didn't remember anything about them renewing there contract! Maybe they don't have to make anymore albums!!

Page: 1 2