ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: where they stay in manchester Return to archive
09-04-03 01:14 AM
dogshit where they stay in manchester?
09-04-03 04:50 PM
Gazza maybe in the trophy room at Manchester City's stadium! Plenty of space there!
09-04-03 04:52 PM
jb Is manchester still filthy Gazza?
09-04-03 05:50 PM
Hannalee
quote:
Gazza wrote:
maybe in the trophy room at Manchester City's stadium! Plenty of space there!

Snigger.

Have you got your false beard ready for the MEN gig?
09-05-03 02:45 PM
Gazza No,but I have my Kevin Keegan permed wig!!

Actually, I wont't be at tonight's show as I'm home until Dublin. (This one plus the rearranged Twickenham show are the only British Isles shows I'll miss)

Billyboll will be phoning in tonight's setlist to me however!
09-05-03 03:24 PM
Gazza to get back to the original question - someone posted on IORR "tell me" a newspaper preview of the show which says theyre staying at the Midland hotel
09-05-03 03:34 PM
steel driving hammer It is just amazing how they still do it.

W/ all the different hotels every night, the different beds they have to sleep in, the different pillows to lay their heads, the different showers they use, waking up in a new room everynight has to take a toll on most people.

Apparently, not them.

It's just fucking amazing.
09-05-03 03:44 PM
Gazza its not every night. They would have stayed in the same hotel in london for about 10 days before spending three or four nights in Edinburgh, probably about three nights in manchester before a brief stop in belgium en route to about 4 days in Dublin and then another three or four in London.

I could get used to that. and when its 5-star luxury with everyone catering to your every whim,its hardly exhausting
09-05-03 04:09 PM
jb I think the Four Seasons is fantastic!!!
09-05-03 04:11 PM
Hannalee I've got one of those wigs! At least, it was sold as a "70s pop star" wig, as I recall, but the hair's nothing like long enough for that - much more Keeganesque.

Btw, the Midland's only 4 star. I decided to scrub the asterisks as it looked like a libel on what's a perfectly respectable dosshouse, afaik.