ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ya-Ya's Question Return to archive
09-02-03 06:28 PM
beardedhag Does anybody know why Abkco, when they remastered Ya-Ya's, cut the second bar from the intro of Stray Cat Blues? On the old version, you hear the main riff twice before Jagger starts singing, while on the new one, you only hear it once. What's up with that?
09-02-03 07:41 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
beardedhag wrote:
Does anybody know why Abkco, when they remastered Ya-Ya's, cut the second bar from the intro of Stray Cat Blues? On the old version, you hear the main riff twice before Jagger starts singing, while on the new one, you only hear it once. What's up with that?

That's a good question indeed. I'm not sure of the 'official" answer for that but what I think may have happened is that the master used for the new SACD versions may have been damaged by old age, etc. That's the only thing that makes sense to me. Unfortunate..
09-02-03 08:32 PM
beardedhag Good point. You're probably right. Usually when they trim a song it's a space issue but that can't be the case with Ya-Ya's since it only runs about 47 minutes.
09-02-03 08:34 PM
mac_daddy the real question is why did they cut the last verse of sympathy out?
09-02-03 08:54 PM
throbby I really wish they would release the whole show.
09-02-03 09:03 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
throbby wrote:
I really wish they would release the whole show.

Me too!!! There's a lot of great material out there..
09-02-03 09:30 PM
tumblingdice It was an error, that was supposed to be fixed with future pressings. I e-mailed Abkco about it hoping to get a new fixed one and they answered back to return it with the sales receipt and they would replace it. As I no longer had the receipt and kind of like the different disk I decided to keep it.
09-02-03 09:31 PM
throbby I've got a disc by Swinging Pig of some cuts from the '69 tour "No Angel Born in Hell". It has an incredible version of Satisfaction on it, the one from the Gimme Shelter film. They really should make this stuff available to the fans.
09-02-03 10:20 PM
beardedhag I agree they definitely should release the whole set-list from the 69 tour on one disc as it only ran about 15 songs and didn't very that much, especially in the later part of the tour. They must have recorded the entire MSG shows for the album. And for bonus tracks they could throw in Brown Sugar and Gimmie Shelter from Altamont! It would be great to see the same thing done for Ya-Ya's that was done for Live at Leeds for the Who.
09-02-03 10:33 PM
BigMac The Ya-Ya's disc you have probably says Made in Germany. The corrected version says Made in Japan. If you go to ABKCO.com you can post a message. They'll respond and tell you to send in a copy (or fax) a copy of the receipt then in about a month you'll get the corrected version.

As far as the last post is concerned- TYPE A NICE LETTER TO MR. ALLEN B KLEIN and see if they'll respond. If we bombard him with messages and ideas, he might just listen. It's all about the $$$$$ to business men. If he can make some bucks, I'm sure he'll listen.

BigMac
09-02-03 11:03 PM
beardedhag Thanks for the info, throbby and BigMac. It's good to know that Abkco didn't intentionally shorten the track.

09-03-03 12:33 AM
beer there are guitar overdunbs on ya yas. listen to the 3rd guitar on live with me........
09-03-03 06:07 AM
Zeeta
quote:
beer wrote:
there are guitar overdunbs on ya yas. listen to the 3rd guitar on live with me........

Is this true?

I personally don't believe it...

If so where were the overdubs recorded, why and by whom?
09-03-03 07:25 AM
duijf There is a guy who has done a lot of research on this:

http://www.rollingstonesnet.com/yaya.htm

DUIJF