ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: STONES NEUTERED Return to archive
09-02-03 06:23 PM
MarthaMyDear STONES NEUTERED
dotmusic Rolling Stones Update
http://www.dotmusic.com/news/September2003/news30647.asp

As figureheads for Future Forests' CarbonNeutral Touring programme, The Rolling Stones are planting forests to compensate for the environmental impact of their tour.

Conceived by founder Dan Morrell and late Clash frontman Joe Strummer around a campfire at Glastonbury '96, Future Forests has signed up artists including the Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Pink Floyd and David Gray.

Sponsored by T-Mobile, the CarbonNeutral Touring scheme measures the carbon dioxide emissions created in the course of a major tour - fan travel, size of venue, distance between shows - and offsets the greenhouse gases created by planting forests.

During The Rolling Stones' nine-day visit to the UK on their 'Licks' tour the majority of emissions will be created by fans' travel to the venues.

The cost per fan equates to 15 pence with each tree planted offsetting the emissions from 57 fans.

In the course of their UK tour, The Stones will play to around 160,000 fans and more than 2,800 trees will be planted in Scottish forestry projects.

The Stones play in Glasgow on September 3, Manchester on September 5 and Wembley Arena on September 13 *(FUCKERS!!!) and 15.

"Everything we do creates the greenhouse gas carbon dioxide from going to a gig, to driving a car, to boiling a kettle - yet there is still a lot of inertia in the public's attitude," says Dan Morrell.

"The music industry is rallying to create proactive action on climate change, empowering fans to take positive steps to offset their CO2 emissions in a way that is affordable and radically changes the way people think and act."

RELATED STORIES
The Rolling Stones
Satisfaction In London
The Rolling Stones
Stones Lick London
Rocks Off

*** Martha ***
09-02-03 07:50 PM
KeithRichards210 <>

Ouch!!!!!
[Edited by KeithRichards210]
[Edited by KeithRichards210]
09-02-03 08:21 PM
MarthaMyDear WAIT A FUCKING MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol............... I didn't even READ what I posted before I
posted it!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol.................... UM, what the HELL is THIS?!?!?!:

quote:
"The music industry is rallying to create proactive action on climate change, empowering fans to take positive steps to offset their CO2 emissions in a way that is affordable and radically changes the way people think and act."

HOW ABOUT WE CAN AFFORD TO OFFSET ********** MORE **********
CO2 EMISSIONS IF THE BLOODY STONES WOULD LOWER THOSE FUCKING
TICKETS PRICES, OK.?!?!?! IT'S SATAN'S SPAWN'S DOING!!! NOW
********** THAT ********** IS IORNY!!! I HAVE HEARD IT ALL
NOW!!! lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P Anyways, take care,
PEACE, and DO ROCK ON!!!
lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Jesus... I've heard it all
now!!! lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
09-03-03 10:48 PM
Steel Wheels Martha, my dear, you have the most irritating posts. Not your content, it's how they look on my screen. Too many nonsensical images.

09-03-03 11:02 PM
full moon No kidding.. What is with all the stupid faces. Jesus, I have never read one of your posts . They are a pain in the ass.
09-03-03 11:03 PM
Steel Wheels I skip over them all. No offense, I just don't get all the crap.
09-04-03 01:44 AM
MarthaMyDear Well, all I can say is I can't remember EVER having read EITHER of you people's posts either, so I guess we're even in the interest department!!! And, if it bothers either of you too much, then guess what?!?!?! DON'T READ THEM (SIMPLE LOGIC)!!! Have a great evening!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

TAKE CARE, PEACE, AND DO ROCK ON!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

*** Martha ***
09-04-03 11:05 PM
corgi37 yeah, but come one Martha. 1 or 2 posts with a zillion smileys can add poignancy to you posts, but every bloody one!
09-05-03 03:39 AM
stonedinaustralia what i want to know is: what does ":P" mean...

thanks in advance
09-05-03 11:06 AM
MarthaMyDear Look at it sideways!!! lol.......................... :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P I
like it better than the one in the Emoticons/Smilies section/
link to your left!!! lol.......................... :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
09-05-03 12:42 PM
jb Martha, could you possibly delete that Beatles picture ? It is really gross and disturbing....Thanks.
[Edited by jb]
09-05-03 12:46 PM
Joey " Martha, could you possibly delete that Beatles picture ? It is really gross and disturbing "

Josh , I forgot to tell you that for Christmas , my next door neighbor Pappy " Pass the Biscuits " O'Daniel bought me a Beatles Seder Plate .

J. " Pass the Biscuits " Fly !
09-05-03 02:48 PM
MarthaMyDear ANYTHING FOR YOU, JOSHY-POO (AKA JOSHY FROM THE
BLOCK)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!! I'm just having a
laugh!!!
lol............................................... :P :P :P
I put it there on purpose to annoy you and it worked and
I'm glad not too much!!!

Anyways...
Take care, PEACE, and DO ROCK