ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: bikers hate elton!! what a shocker!! Return to archive
09-01-03 08:31 PM
kath hawg riders from all over the place converged on milwaukee this weekend for the 100th birthday of harley-davidson bikes. promoters of the festivities had promised a "big surprise concert" for the last day of the celebration and rumors were flying around it would be bruce springsteen or the rolling stones (except that they're in EUROPE!!!). anyway, seems when elton waddled on to the stage, the crowd left the venue by the thousands, saying "elton john is NOT a biker band. man!"

you gotta wonder what promoters were thinkin'.....
09-01-03 09:02 PM
mac_daddy heheh

I hate Elton, too.
09-01-03 09:36 PM
Highwire Rob What was the finale going to be? ...thousands of bikers singing along to Tiny Dancer??!!

I like Elton's music, but what was he thinking????

The promoters should have gotten Timberlake to impersonate Elton...er...or was that video one of the Backstreet Boys?

09-02-03 06:55 AM
Jumacfly I also hate Elton...he was in paris this week end to promote the "star academy", a french real tv show with karaoke singers that sucks a lot (a lot a lot a lot)....i think it s a good example , i hope the boys wont NEVER do that kind of things....
anyway, do you imagine elton riding a motorcycle???
LOL!!
09-02-03 08:00 AM
magicwoman elton is a fagget i hate the men
09-02-03 10:27 AM
jb He has sold substantially more albums than the Stones and was apparently aware of Keith's decline when he referred to him as an arthritic monkey in 97.His tour is also more successive than the Licks tour....believe me , the bikers hate the stones as well...remember Altamont...Bikers like heavy metal..stuff like AC/DC, Judas Priest, Metalica, and Natalie Imbruglia....
09-02-03 01:37 PM
magicwoman yes i think your right JB ....
[Edited by magicwoman]
09-02-03 01:56 PM
Boomy JB, please do not throw the boys of AC/DC into the HEAVY METAL category.

Even they say they're not heavy metal..it's just loud blues!!

As for Elton..I don't know how he does it. I don't get his popularity.
09-02-03 02:02 PM
Factory Girl Elton makes my skin crawl. And Queen. And Phil Collins. And Sting.

Bikers don't hate the Stones. Altamont was an abberation.
09-02-03 02:04 PM
jb Everybody loves Elton..he made some great music in the early 70's and then became everyone's favorite gay pop star. He is beloved in Engalnd and his performance of "Goodbye English Rose" at the funeral for Lady Diane Spencer was seen by over a billion viewers. He also teamed up with a Jew, Billy Joel, and their touring duo has been a huge success for the past decade...
[Edited by jb]
09-02-03 02:06 PM
Boomy JB, if I'm not mistaken, CHer's greatest hits compilation has been more successful (in the US) than FOrty Licks..

Everytime I check the charts, she's on it!!! Please, fill me in on why this is happening!!!

Factory Girlie!! I can't stand ol' Philip! "I don't care anymore!"

Remember, keep the PIE in the sky!!
[Edited by Boomy]
09-02-03 02:10 PM
jb Cher has mass appeal Boomy...she has played to over 4 sell-out shows during her so-called final tour here in Fla. and she has scheduled yet another one!!! I admit, I do find her very sexy and would like to have her blow me with those delicious collagen injected lips.

P.S.-I hope Phil Collins dies.
[Edited by jb]
09-02-03 02:24 PM
Factory Girl Cher looks like she had transgender surgery.

I do find the young Greg Allman sexy. He had that animal magnetism thingy in his youth....grrrr.

Hey Boom Boom Boomie!
09-02-03 02:28 PM
nankerphelge Speaking of transgender surgery -- Elton looks like a poster-boy for transgender surgery gone wrong!

Tiny dancer!!
Rob, that is fucking hysterical!!

[Edited by nankerphelge]
09-02-03 02:31 PM
Boomy Probably the most disgusting photo I've seen of Elton is the "Got Milk?" ads. Big old "white mustache" on his lips. EIEIEEIEIEI............*Boomy cringes and has to go to the bathroom*
[Edited by Boomy]
09-02-03 02:33 PM
jb .........
[Edited by jb]
09-02-03 02:37 PM
Boomy LOL, what did you write JB?

Did you call me a hick cuz I live in Indiana???
09-02-03 02:40 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Boomy wrote:
Probably the most disgusting photo I've seen of Elton is the "Got Milk?" ads. Big old "white mustache" on his lips. EIEIEEIEIEI............*Boomy cringes and has to go to the bathroom*
[Edited by Boomy]

I seriously doubt that's milk. :barf:
09-02-03 02:42 PM
jb No Boom...a made a comment about the so-called milk on Elton's lip.
09-02-03 03:19 PM
Gazza >do you imagine elton riding a motorcycle???

why not??? after all, he's ridden just about everything else...
09-02-03 04:42 PM
magicwoman yes i agree with boomy acdc is not heavy metal but bluesrock
09-02-03 09:26 PM
mac_daddy gazza - rotflmao!!

for elton to talk about Keith's decline is ludicrous. Fact: if one sat close enough to the stage during the recent elton/billy joel show, he/she would be able to see Elton's diaper under his stage costume. watching johnny lydon blow snot upclose sounds like nirvana compared to the image of elton soiling himself...

I enjoyed caribou (the last song about the kid that kills himself is pretty good), and tumbleweed connection is pretty good, even if it is his attempt to be rod stewart (who borders on being equally as lame). but in comparison, the stones are infinitely cooler, and their music more successful - on the integrity level (where it counts). The only one who gives them a run for their money is Bowie - now that guy should write a diet/personal fitness book! He is Mick's only true peer.
09-02-03 09:49 PM
JaggaRichards the little poofter only knows songs about dead blondes
09-02-03 11:40 PM
gypsy Elton's a dork. But I must admit that I do like his older stuff from the '70's.
I read Marsha Hunt's bio(VERY boring)...and she sang in a band with Elton before he hit it big...back when he was just plain ol' Reggie Dwight.
09-02-03 11:53 PM
Boomy Did he wear a Donald Duck suit during that period as well/
09-03-03 04:25 AM
Zeeta My hilarious comic Avid Merrion does a great piss take of Elton see these pix:

They may not work but