ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ENGLAND AND UK GET-TOGETHERS (AKA STONESARCHY IN THE UK)!!! :D Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
08-14-03 12:14 AM
MarthaMyDear HI, BOB!!! I look forward
to meeting you at the get-together and everyone else who's
going!!! I'm just making sure that people know there's a sign
of life here and that I'll be seeing everyone there!!!
lol............. Take care, PEACE, and I'll see you all
SOON!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
08-14-03 01:57 AM
Talya Peachfeather I'm going to be late to the restaurant that evening - have a 6.16 p.m. meeting that SHOULD have taken place this Tuesday just gone but they cancelled. It's a very important meeting so I have to be there. Off to Amsterdam for my "Rolling Stones Holiday", leaving in just over half an hour.
08-14-03 02:58 AM
MarthaMyDear Um, you're not allowed to be late so I'm calling your work
and telling them to shove off and you're leaving early...
JUST KIDDING!!! lol................... That's fine, Talya, as
I am sure I'll probably be the first person to be there and
the last person to leave, probably, as I started this get-
together with Gazza's help, etc., so we'll all still be
there!!! lol.................. :P HAVE A TON OF FUN
IN AMSTERDAM and tell me all about it, ok.?!?!?! Take care
and I'll be seeing you REALLY SOON!!!!!!!!!!! PEACE and ROCK
ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** Martha ***
08-14-03 06:36 PM
Gazza have a good trip Talya - we'll hold a seat for you!!!
08-15-03 12:29 PM
sirmoonie Anyone up for a few pints befo' Twickie on 23rd? Even if you aren't going?

Also, is Twickie the Richmond tube stop on the District line? If so, seems like it would be easy to "uprompt a piss up" somewhere like in Earl's Court or sumpin'.

Gazza, HTM, you guys going? Up for this? I'm sure Shidobee has something, but we could do a RO pre-piss up.

The key point I guess is "piss up." As in "up piss."
08-15-03 02:05 PM
Stonesdoug SHIDOOBEE will be gathering at the Cabbage Patch on London St in Twickenham before those shows---hope some of you can stop by and say hi!!.
Also our general hangout will be the Jack Horner Pub which is on Tottenham Court Rd about 2 blocks north of the Astoria. You're sure to run into some Stone's fans there anytime of the day, most of the week.
08-15-03 05:00 PM
shakedhandswithkeith I booked my fly and hotel today.

the hotel is "Henry VIII", north to hydepark.
anyone else in the same hotel?

rock`n roll
08-18-03 06:08 PM
Gazza This is the current list of people going to Sticky Fingers on Tuesday 26th August

MarthaMyDear
Talya Peachfeather
Akissaway (x 2)
Honky Tonk Man
Little Red rooster (x 2)
Sirmoonie (x 2)
Moon Is Up
Strange Stray Cat
Kahoosier (x 2)
Sleepy Weasel (x3)
Shakedhandswithkeith (x2)
Bob Tamp (x 2)
Monkeywoman
Malcolmsve
Oska (x2)
CooWouters (x3)
Gazza

thats 28 so far.

If possible,I'd like to have a final amount by TOMORROW so that I can notify the restaurant of a definite number in our party.

So for those of you still undecided, PLEASE let me know by e-mail at [email protected] if you wish to go by TUESDAY EVENING AT THE LATEST

Thanks everyone!
08-18-03 06:16 PM
Gazza >Anyone up for a few pints befo' Twickie on 23rd? Even if you aren't going?

Also, is Twickie the Richmond tube stop on the District line? If so, seems like it would be easy to "uprompt a piss up" somewhere like in Earl's Court or sumpin'.

Gazza, HTM, you guys going? Up for this? I'm sure Shidobee has something, but we could do a RO pre-piss up.

only problem I have pre-twickenham, Moonie is that I'm staying south of London (so Twickenham is actually on my way INTO London as I'm coming from the opposite direction) and have to do a few things around Richmond and twickenham pre-show as I have to meet people and exchange money & tickets etc. I'd like to think we could meet up in or around Twickenham a couple of hours before showtime though. If you dont have my mobile number to contact me,I'll e-mail it on to you.

There isnt a tube stop at twickenham, but richmond tube station is a couple of miles away. Osterley and Hounslow East are Tube stations which are also close to the stadium. To the best of my knowledge, there are buses being laid on to take concert goers back to Richmond tube station after the show for connctions back into London. The shows should be over by 10.30 due to local curfew restrictions on outdoor concerts.

There are also national train stations close to the stadium, such as Whitton, Twickenham and Hounslow. Coming from central London though, you may find the Tube cheaper, more frequent and more reliable.
08-19-03 09:17 AM
Honky Tonk Man Im going with my old man on the 23rd, so we will be driving.

Sirmoonie, if there are any pubs near by on the 23rd, then yeah lets go for a drink.

On the day of the meal, i am availble for drinks from 4.30pm. I realy do need to hook up with people before for meal, or i will have three hours to kill by myself!

Will be drinking around the Victoria area before the 29th show, if sirmoonie, Gazza or anyone else is interested

Alex
08-19-03 01:25 PM
Gazza somehow I cant imagine everyone just turning up at 7.30 Alex

we'll work somethin' out that afternoon. as I'm responsible for the booking, I'll be there early anyway to do a kind of 'meet and greet' and work a few things out. You have my mobile number anyway!
08-19-03 08:14 PM
sirmoonie Tx Doug! I will definately drop in there.

Gazza, got your e-mail with number and will send a number I can be reached as well.

Gazza, HTM, should we meet at Cabbage Patch? I land in the morning so can be anywhere at any time after that.

HTM, I can probably be convinced to start drinking a bit early on the 26th. It would be a first, but I could probably be convinced.

08-19-03 08:20 PM
Gazza Cabbage Patch sounds fine to me!
08-20-03 03:49 PM
Gazza I've now confirmed the booking with SF for 28 people,so thats the sign up closed.

Thanks everyone and see you Tuesday night if I dont see you at Twickenham.

to refresh : its booked for 7.30 pm on Tuesday 26th August. The restaurant is at the corner of Phillimore Gardens just off Kensington High Street. Theres a tube station about 200 metres from the restaurant (High street Kensington,if I recall correctly. From memory , you come out of the station, turn left and Phillimore gardens is on the opposite side of the High street although as its been 8 years since I was last there,maybe some locals could confirm this!)

Thanks To Martha and Talya for their help in putting this together.
08-20-03 05:28 PM
Monkey Woman I'm leaving for England the day after tomorrow and I don't know how much Internet access I'll have. So I'd just like to thank you all, Martha, Talya and Gazza! I'm looking forward to this gathering!

08-20-03 05:30 PM
Gazza Bon Voyage!
08-21-03 12:22 AM
MarthaMyDear THANK YOU, MONKEY WOMAN, GAZZA, AND TALYA AND I'LL SEE YOU
ALL THERE, OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TAKE CARE, PEACE, AND DO
ROCK ON!!! SEE YOU ALL **
******** SOON **********!!!

*** Martha ***
08-21-03 07:16 AM
Talya Peachfeather Safe journey everyone - see you soon.
08-21-03 02:51 PM
Gazza welcome back talya - I'm off to the "Big Smoke" tomorrow morning, so hopefully see you Tuesday if not before!
08-21-03 04:06 PM
sirmoonie Can I get a mongo? I say, can I get a mongo?
08-21-03 04:14 PM
Moonisup I kept on running to some shidoobees in Amsterdam, where there any peepz from Rocks off?
08-21-03 04:18 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Theres a tube station about 200 metres from the restaurant (High street Kensington,if I recall correctly. From memory , you come out of the station, turn left and Phillimore gardens is on the opposite side of the High street although as its been 8 years since I was last there,maybe some locals could confirm this!)

That is correct.
08-21-03 06:31 PM
Talya Peachfeather I was at the Black & White gathering - lots of them wearing badges there!!!!
08-22-03 06:29 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
Talya Peachfeather wrote:
I was at the Black & White gathering - lots of them wearing badges there!!!!

Ow no, I won't wear a name tag.
08-22-03 08:32 AM
Talya Peachfeather There's only going to be a handful of us there, so you won't NEED a nametag!!!!! They were very attractive name tags (specially made).
08-22-03 04:52 PM
Stonesdoug We are still going to the Cabbage Patch in Twickenham on Saturday --should be there from 4:30 till at least 10--stop by if you're in the area...It's on London St right by the Rugby Field
08-23-03 01:49 PM
Moonisup they didn't made me ony, ahahha for obvious reasons!
08-26-03 02:47 AM
Talya Peachfeather I have a really bad cold, sore throat, glands are up and ears hurting too, so please accept my apologies - I won't be able to go tonight. Have a great time everyone.
08-26-03 12:25 PM
Monkey Woman We'll miss you, Talya! To the others: see you soon!
08-27-03 05:53 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat About 9 did not show up...had a great night tho. Just wait for the pix!
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7