ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ENGLAND AND UK GET-TOGETHERS (AKA STONESARCHY IN THE UK)!!! :D Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
07-14-03 08:41 AM
Talya Peachfeather Old Orleans sounds as good as any other restaurant to me.
07-15-03 05:33 AM
MarthaMyDear I'm telling you... I just like the idea that people can get cocktails and choose from a yummmy variety of foods and listen to music in a cool atmosphere (at least it SOUNDS like one)... Ie. Old Orleans!!! I'll keep looking-around, though, and I guess we just have to have a majority vote, or something, on when and where for this get-together, so I'll post more restaurants as I find them soon!!!

Anyways, PEACE and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
07-15-03 04:40 PM
Hand of Fate Mick Taylor is playing The 100 Club on August 28th in Oxford Street if anyones interested tickets are through wayahead.com
07-17-03 07:17 PM
Gazza Old Orleans sounds interesting to me too. maybe someone in or around London can see what its like?

obviously a few people will be going to mick taylor then on the thursday (myself included). guess we could shoot for a tuesday evening get together then?
07-17-03 09:22 PM
MarthaMyDear So, it's looking like (if, hopefully, someone will check-out Old Orleans, possibly, to see what it's like?!?!?! ) Old Orleans might be the place and Tuesday, August 26th at, say, 6:00 P.M. until "whenever" is THE ROCKS OFF STONESARCHY IN THE UK GET-TOGETHER?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!! lol...................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

So, here it tentatively is:

THE ROCKS OFF STONESARCHY IN THE UK GET-TOGETHER!!! :

When: Tuesday, August 26th at 6:00 P.M. until "whenever" (What the HELL time is that in England?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I STILL have to read my tourist shit!!! SHIT!!! Gotta do that SOON!!! lol.............................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P )
Where: Old Orleans in Covent Garden (possibly... Address to be posted when place is confirmed and booked, etc.)!!!

I THINK (?!?!?!) this is the best day for most people but I'm not sure... This is still developing so MORE SOON!!! I'm out the door to Fleetwood Mac!!! YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
More to be posted soon so take care, all, PEACE, and DO ROCK ON!!!
More soon!!!

*** Martha ***
07-18-03 05:23 AM
Talya Peachfeather
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Old Orleans sounds interesting to me too. maybe someone in or around London can see what its like?

obviously a few people will be going to mick taylor then on the thursday (myself included). guess we could shoot for a tuesday evening get together then?

I can check it out in the next week or so.
07-18-03 11:33 AM
MarthaMyDear Thank you, Talya!!!
I look forward to meeting you!!!
Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
07-18-03 03:10 PM
Gazza thanks Talya! that sounds great!
07-18-03 04:56 PM
MarthaMyDear Talya... You don't have to eat the food, etc. (just so you know)!!! CRACKING-UP!!! lol.................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P That's really nice of you to do this so thank you and I hope it doesn't suck!!! lol.................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I think that just as long as it's not like a Hard Rock Cafe type of thing and not wall to wall people crammed in there, etc., it should be fine, I think (?!?!?!)... Keep us posted and thank you again!!! I'm babbling...lol.................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I'm tired... Don't listen to me...lol.................................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, talk to you soon!!!

*** Martha ***
07-19-03 03:02 AM
Talya Peachfeather Martha

I'm glad you told me I don't have to eat the food!!! LOL!!! Last night I looked up the restaurant on the internet and read some awful reviews and some good reviews on the food!!!! I might just stand outside and ask a few people about the food.

I was wondering if the location is a bit too touristy, and a restaurant a street or two away might be better: I'll go walkabout and see!!!
07-19-03 04:20 AM
MarthaMyDear Well, I'm glad I said that, then!!! CRACKING-UP!!! lol............................
Yes, AWFUL reviews doesn't sound too good!!! CRACKING-UP!!! lol............................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P And, if it's too touristy, etc., I think we could find a better place, etc., so thank you, Talya, for looking nearby if Old Orleans isn't good, etc., ok.?!?!?!
Just report back what you think is good, etc., and I'm sure that's fine!!!

Anyways, take care, PEACE and I'll talk to you soon!!!

*** Martha ***
07-23-03 04:28 AM
MarthaMyDear Talya, have you gone yet?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P I know I'm
impatient but I'm just wondering... HE!!! HE!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P Ok....
I'm just asking, is all!!! THANK YOU for going through all
the trouble again, ok., and I hope to talk to you SOON!!!
Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
07-24-03 04:26 AM
Talya Peachfeather Martha,

Sorry for the delay. No, I haven't gone yet. I have a meeting in Holborn on Monday afternoon, so thought I'd take a look around at lunch time before the meeting. I'm walking on crutches for any distances, so am not sure how far I'll be able to walk. If that doesn't work, I'll drive around within a week or so.
07-25-03 02:18 AM
MarthaMyDear THANK YOU *** SO *** MUCH FOR EVERYTHING YOU'RE DOING, TALYA,
and do NOT go out of your way if using the crutches is too
much of a fucking pain, ok.?!?!?! lol................
I will have some time soon to
find a bunch of restaurants in the Covent Gardens area, etc.,
if I have to so just let me know what's up and THANK YOU
AGAIN!!! Anyways, take
care and I'll talk to you soon!!!
Anyways, ALOT MORE SOON!!!

*** Martha ***
07-27-03 02:12 PM
oska
oska
Rocks Off Member
Posted 07-27-03 05:23 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
is 'sticky fingers' still on your list of possible locations? it sounds like a great venue to me, food atmosphere, and music are great there. its air conditioned as well for the non smokers. all in all a great choice, i also like the suggestion someone made about hiring a party boat on the river thames, is that idea workable though ? as somebody has to commit to the booking with a credit card for certain numbers, so maybe 'sticky fingers', is the best idea.
anyway where ever we end up ,ann and steve will be there.
see ya all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 93 | Registered: Jun 2002 | Profile | PM | IP Logged

07-27-03 04:23 PM
Gazza I know Stonesdoug's board are doing the boat trip on the Thursday but it seems our get together will be on the Tuesday evening. Talya's checking out possible locations
07-28-03 07:51 PM
Talya Peachfeather
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I know Stonesdoug's board are doing the boat trip on the Thursday but it seems our get together will be on the Tuesday evening. Talya's checking out possible locations

Quick update. Didn't get into London today as I have a virus. I'll definitely be going in and will check things out either before the weekend or next weekend.
07-28-03 10:42 PM
MarthaMyDear TALYA, THANK YOU!!! But,
don't go if you're sick the following weekend either,
ok.?!?!?! I don't want you to stay sick and we can always
find a restaurant, etc., so don't go if you're still sick!!!
lol..................
Just keep us posted and I hope you get well soon, alrighty-
o?!?!?! Take care and
MORE SOON!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
07-29-03 05:44 AM
Talya Peachfeather Martha, I'm not too sick - it's just a debilitating thing that's draining me. I had a job interview yesterday morning, and another one today, and I'm driving to work this afternoon - I'm just having to pace myself not to do too much in the next few days. I'm sure the nerves of interviews doesn't help either!!!
07-29-03 09:50 PM
MarthaMyDear GOOD LUCK with the job interviews, Talya!!! I hate those
fricking things... lol................... But, it will be
worth it 'cause money does help... lol................
ESPECIALLY if there's anything
Stones-related coming-up... Jesus... lol................ :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
Just don't push yourself too much 'cause I can just find
another restaurant online or in this book I have, also, if we
have to do that and that's fine, ok.?!?!?!

Anyways, take care and I'll be seeing you SOON!!!
I'll be awaiting your report, or
whatever, etc., so I'll talk to you soon!!!
PEACE and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
08-01-03 07:31 AM
Zeeta Was in Covent Garden yesterday and I can confirm that Old Orleans looks absolutely rough and is a horrible chain of restaurants in the UK. Please don't go here, the restaurant is not even in Covent Garden it is around the corner nearly on The Strand. There are some wicked cafe bars, restaurants actually on and inside Covent Garden Piazza itself.
This place looked good and has a balcony overlooking the garden and all the action - the link has fairly good reviews:

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/2046/

The Coner Store also looks good and probrably has better food the peeps that need it!

http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show.shtml/1928/

Hope this helps a bit!
This link has loads of bars and that so take your pick!
http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/results.shtml/tu/68

Matt
08-01-03 10:24 AM
MarthaMyDear Thank you, Zeeta, but we're looking for a restaurant... I'll
just find a restaurant by the end of this weekend, then, and
post that and it looks like we'll be almost finished setting
everything up!!! Take note, Talya, and DON'T GO TO OLD
ORLEANS, etc., ok.?!?!?! lol................ :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P :P :P THANK YOU,
YOU BOTH, FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP!!!
All of the rest of the get-together information will
be posted here SOON!!!
PEACE and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
08-02-03 09:33 AM
oldkr this may be obvious but bill wymans sticky fingers on Phillamore Gardens kensington , is very close to kensington high street tube station , and its stones themed reasonably priced and serves good food

one love
OLDKR

ps Old Orleans are fairly nice by london standards and the food is well priced
[Edited by oldkr]
08-02-03 10:53 AM
oska ya, i aggree, bill wymans ''sticky fingers' restaraunt is fantastic, martha will you consider this place??
08-02-03 11:44 AM
Honky Tonk Man I still think we should just go to Wetherspoons which is situated just outside Victoria station. Drinks are pretty cheap for London and the food is quite good. They have HUGE range of drinks and they evan have Capuchino espically for Martha. The place is busy on work days between about 4.30 - 6.30pm. After that its almost dead sometimes. Which means we can actually talk. There is no music and some complain abou a lack of atmesphere but i like it, yes i do.

Alex

08-02-03 12:46 PM
MarthaMyDear olkr and oska, Sticky Fingers would be ok. with me but
someone said it's too touristy and I've never been there
before as this is my first time in England, etc., so I don't
know, myself, but most people don't like touristy things, I
THINK (?!?!?!)... You know... Maybe we should go with what
Alex is suggesting 'cause that covers EVERYONE (wide range of
drinks, food, AND cappuccino!!! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
)... AND, you can
hear people talking, which I think someone said you'd usually
have a hard time doing, etc., at Sticky Fingers, etc.
(?!?!?!)... It's really up to the majority of people posting
in this thread, I GUESS (?!?!?!), but I just want to be able
to eat (and I think that will be good for everyone, probably,
also, and at least one other person who's going won't be
drinking either, I think)... CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
So, what do you guys think?!?!?!
ALEX!!! WHERE IS VICTORIA STATION (I FORGOT TO
ASK)?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P ROCK ON!!!
I have a little something for
everyone when they show-up, also, so BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!!!
HE!!! HE!!! ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ****
08-02-03 02:55 PM
Talya Peachfeather Martha,

I know you p.m'd me not to look, but I'm thinking of Maggiore's in King Street Covent Garden -their food prices are reasonable.
08-02-03 07:02 PM
Gazza Wetherspoon's bars are awful. We have them here too.

Ok,I know theyre cheap for drink etc , the food is ordinary in them and but the atmosphere's dead (the reason the food and drink is so cheap is because they cut back on other expenses youd expect in a pub such as music and a decent amount of seats..) until enough of the occupants get sozzled on cheap booze that they cant handle and start punch ups with each other. they're notorious for it. Hardly recomended for tourists to our shores,I think!

Sticky fingers sounds good...my only drawback with that as a choice is that the bar area is tiny. the food is fine and for Stones fans its an obvious place to go at some point in your London trip (I'd imagine it would be packed with tourists all week...) but the layout is such that whether we'd all get seated in the same area is doubtful. Its not somewhere you can really hang out after your meal as I found they tend to hurry you a bit and as said earlier the bar area is very small. Also - do they take advance bookings in the evening..? when I've been there before,they didnt. maybe things have changed.

Talya - that other place sounds cool. All we need is some place where a few of us can have a decent meal (what are we talking here - 20 people maybe?) and somewhere nice where we can chill out and have a few drinks before and afterwards for those who want that too. Covent Garden is as good a place as any.

Martha - Victoria station is near the centre of London. Its not that far from where you're staying - a few Tube stops. its also where you'd be getting your connection to Gatwick
08-02-03 10:21 PM
MarthaMyDear Yes, I think Gazza is right (for a change... JUST KIDDING!!!
HE!!! HE!!! lol.................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P )... Talya, that
would be EXCELLENT, I think, if you could check-out that one
you just posted about and if it sucks, maybe just see if
something near there looks good, or something... I have a
thing or two to give you for going out of your way with this
and I'm NOT taking no for an answer, so thank you for all of
your help!!!

And, thank you, Gazza, for the info.!!!
A-PIP!!! PIP!!! AND, A-CHERIO AND I'LL BE-A
SEEING YOUS ALL *** SOON ***!!! YIP!!! YIP!!!
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AREBAH (or whatever it
is)!!! AREBAH (or whatever it is)!!! AREBAH (or whatever it
is)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it
is)!!! ANDELAY (or whatever it is)!!! CRACKING-
UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YOU'LL SOON ALL BE IN THE PRESENCE OF A TRULY *** INSANE ***
WOMAN!!! HA!!! HA!!! HA!!! Just trying to scare you all!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!! I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO THE FUCKING
TRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
lol....................
Take care, PEACE, and DO ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (I'm in a good mood, also!!! Man... I should take a
frickin' picture of THAT!!!
ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
:P :P :P ROCK ON!!!
)
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
08-03-03 10:38 AM
oldkr stickys is a bit touristy now but its still brimming with stones , the sunday times magazine gave it 8/10 in a london restaurant test thingy at the weekend , whetherspoons bars are fine !!! theyve cleaned up recently , i just thought stickys is the ultimate place , you can advance book , and you can get everything from coctails to kids hamburgers in there!

OLDKR
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7