ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Closing the European Tour - Rai-Halle, Amsterdam - 9 October, 1970
By Henry Diltz - with special thanks to Irina

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE 2003] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ENGLAND AND UK GET-TOGETHERS (AKA STONESARCHY IN THE UK)!!! :D Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
06-23-03 02:45 AM
MarthaMyDear I fricked-up and the thread got accidentally deleted (it's a technical thing), so here's just a short post with much more info. later on!!!

If you want to got to the Rocks Off get-together for the first four shows in England coming-up (titled: STONESARCHY IN THE UK!!! lol............................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ) in August, etc., here is the proposed date of the get-together:

When: Thursday, August 28th, 2003 (PROPOSED!!!)
Where: ??? (To be decided by the majority of people who want to go and can go!!!)

***Unholy Trinity: Can you please sticky this??? THANK YOU, YOU GUYS!!!

TAKE CARE, PEACE, ROCK ON, AND MORE TO BE POSTED *** SOON***!!! LET YOUR FREAK FLAGS FLY *** HIGH ***, I SAY!!! lol............................................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
06-23-03 05:22 PM
Monkey Woman Sounds great! But I don't know if I'll have time on Thursday, August 28th. Is it *possible* to do it on the 25th or 26th instead? (Of course, I'll rally to the majority's decision.)
06-23-03 10:05 PM
MarthaMyDear I'm flexible regarding this get-together so whatever the majority decides is fine with me... I hope I can meet you, Monkey Woman!!! Anyways, it's a busy evening for me here so I'd better run... Take care and I hope to meet you SOON ***(LESS THAN TWO MONTHS!!!)!!! PEACE and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-25-03 03:35 PM
Gazza Fine by me. I'd imagine there'be something "informal" on the day /evening of the concerts anyway for many people, but I'm there all week so I'm flexible as to working around something where as many of us as possible can get together.

If we are going to BOOK something folks,its NOT something thats really practical at the last minute,so if anyone has any ideas or input,please feel free to do so. Its only going to be as good as we all make it, so dont be shy!
[Edited by Gazza]
06-26-03 04:59 AM
MarthaMyDear The deadline for deciding on WHEN (what date) and WHERE to hold this get-together is:

August 11th, 2003

I, personally, need to know the definite date and where to hold this at LEAST this amount of time before getting to England, etc., because once I am there, I am really not going to be flexible regarding this because this is my first time in Europe and I already have alot of things planned that I'll be doing while I'm there, so I need to know this information at LEAST two weeks ahead of time for my own plans... And, no changing the date and place either!!! SORRY!!!

I suggest any place where there is a bar AND food for maybe eating dinner, or whatever, at least... I have never been to Europe so I don't know WHERE to suggest, etc., so I wish someone would suggest something... Christ...
lol............................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
And, either August 25th or August 26th is fine with me, although if it's August 25th, I'd prefer it be held in the evening because the Twickenham show is the night before, etc.... Anyways, those are my preferences, so I'd like to hear other people's preferences and/or suggestions, etc., so don't be shy!!!
lol............................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Anyways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***

P.S. (So, what I mean is I'm flexible RIGHT NOW as to when and where to have this, etc., but not less than two weeks before August 25th because of the plans I have for when I'm going to be there, etc. THANKS!!! )
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-26-03 09:30 AM
Honky Tonk Man August 25th, 26th or 29th. Those three dates are fine with me!

Im not too sure about the 28th though. It is a great idea to meet up on a day in between shows, but i dont live in London and i may not evan be able to get leave for that day.

The thing to remember Martha, is that although there are a few here from England, i don't think any of us actually live in London. I know about 4 pubs and thats it. I would say you have as much chance at finding a decent place to meet as i do!

Alex

06-26-03 01:11 PM
MarthaMyDear Ok.... I'll look-around online, then, and I'll look through a guide book(s) to London and England I'll buy for suggestions on places to meet-up, etc., but I just don't want to be the only person doing that... That isn't fair... lol................................................. :P But, I'm flexible UNTIL the deadline on deciding when and where to hold this because I have other plans while I'm in England that I'm NOT going to change, so we have until August 11th to decide when and where to hold this, PERIOD (as I'm sure other people do, also)!!! So, I'll be posting some possible places this week here in this thread and WHEN is really up to the majority of everyone as to when/what date to meet... I'm flexible on the date and place until August 11th, is what I'm saying, so any of the above is fine with me!!!

Anyways, take care and I'll post places by the end of this week, then!!! Take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
06-26-03 03:29 PM
Monkey Woman Good work, Martha!
August 25th (evening) or 26th (earlier in the day) is fine by me. I'll be tied up on the 28th and the evening of the 26th.
06-26-03 04:35 PM
MarthaMyDear Thank you, Monkey Woman, but there's going to have to be more than three people going to this get-together for me to want to go... I know we can do better than this!!! lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Are either of those days good for you, Alex?!?!?! The problem is is that I don't know where the thread is that had the days that are convenient for the people who are going to some or all of these shows in it and most of those people emailed me and told me what days they'll be there, etc., but those are old emails so I deleted them!!! UGH!!! lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P So, I'm waiting for people to post when they want to have this get-together, etc....

*** Martha***
06-26-03 11:58 PM
MarthaMyDear Ok.!!! I'll admit I'm being a moody pain in the ass regarding this and it's probably too early to start organizing this, etc.!!! CRACKING-UP!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, the deadline gives everyone ample time, I think, to get this organized, etc., and by the end of this week I will post a bunch of possible places where we call all get-together, etc., and I'll email everyone who I know and THINK might be going to any of the first, four England shows, etc. (I know who's not going and I still need to email AND PM a bunch of people... I am just REALLY behind and REALLY busy, so I'm trying to do alot of things at once here, etc., right now so that's why I'm INCREDIBLY and ANNOYINGLY, more than likely, slow, and shit... UGH!!! lol................................................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P )...

Anyways, so I'll do those things this week and emailing might take me into next week but it will get done SOON, so we'll get this organized, etc.!!! Anyways, thank you for your replies, you guys, and sorry I'm all moody, and shit, but I just want this to work-out and I've been just REALLY stressed-out lately from doing ALOT of shit here, is all, so this will get worked-out, etc., alrighty-o?!?!?! Anyways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!! More to be posted SOON!!!

*** Martha ***
06-27-03 06:53 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I'd imagine there'be something "informal"

Yeah lets just get loaded! Fuck BOOKING!!! Planned stuff is NO-WAY as good as uprompted piss ups!
06-27-03 03:28 PM
MarthaMyDear Zeeta, of COURSE there will be some spur-of-the-moment shit, etc., and you can get as fricking LOADED as you'd like at this planned get-together and ANYWHERE, of course, etc., but I just want as many people from here to be able to meet-up in one place as possible, is the purpose of this one thing, is all... So, don't worry about the spur-of-the-moment shit, etc.!!! lol................................. :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I know I was early in posting about this get-together, but the above is what is the plan for THIS, is all!!! ; Of course, everyone can get as fucked-up as they'd like... See you SOON, HOPEFULLY!!!

*** Martha ***
06-27-03 03:56 PM
MarthaMyDear I guess we COULD make it a spur-of-the-moment thing if everyone has a cell phone, or something, and I'll ask everyone when the best day to hold this on would be and then someone would just call everyone when everyone's in England, etc., and just meet-up somewhere (?!?!?!)... Maybe that will work (?!?!?!)... Whatever works good is fine with me, and shit...

*** Martha ***
06-27-03 04:33 PM
MarthaMyDear Monkey Woman, I think maybe we might have this on one of the days you're available since you posted so soon, etc.!!! And, I think Alex is able to make it on one of those days, also, but I'm still trying to get what he is saying in his post above so I'll figure it out when I get home from work... CRACKING-UP!!! lol........................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P I'm just slow but I'll catch-up!!! lol........................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, MORE SOON!!! lol........................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
06-28-03 12:35 AM
MarthaMyDear AH-HA!!! HA!!! HA!!! HA!!! I actually DID save the emails from the people (that I thought of off the top of my head, etc.) who are going to some or all of the first, four England shows (and I need to email the people who aren't going, also) so I'll email you all either tonight or tomorrow!!! Anyways, I have looked at what day seems the best for people who have posted here and Tuesday, August 26th (earlier in the day to be convenient for Monkey Woman and it can keep going into the evening, etc., if people want, etc....) looks convenient for EVERYONE and that, also, gives people who are going to the Astoria show time to get a good night's sleep if they plan to wait in line all day or a long time, etc....

Anyways, I'll email the folks I contacted before to see if this date is ok. with them and they can just post here if it is or not, etc., so... I am just wondering if Alex can get to London?!?!?!
lol........................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P
I'm sure some of us can meet you at the tube station (IS THERE A TUBE STATION?!?!?! CRACKING-UP!!!
lol........................................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P )
if you want us to, etc.!!!
It's ALL GOOD!!!
OK.!!! So if anyone can think of a date they like better, just be my guest and post away!!! Anyways, take care, PEACE, and ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
06-30-03 02:15 PM
MarthaMyDear .
06-30-03 03:21 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Yeah lets just get loaded! Fuck BOOKING!!! Planned stuff is NO-WAY as good as uprompted piss ups!

Now THAT is quality posting! "uprompted piss ups"!!!! Damn young man, you are channeling the divine right to swine in a big muhfuckin' way! I'm buying you a special piss pint.

I don't know where I'll be, but I hope we can all swill before each show somewhere, i.e., near Twick, near Astoria, and near Wembley.

Key thing I guess is to stay board connected - I think London has e-kiosks all over the place now.

"Piss blam and slap a ducket's worth of chill bash over my fucking head at the uprompted piss up, Ronnie!"
06-30-03 04:55 PM
Gazza unprompted piss-ups sound all well and good but youre talking about a huge sprawl of a city of 8 million people, a few million tourists and a load of fans staying in dozens of different hotels....you think we're just going to bump into each other by chance somewhere in a bar? wont happen and if youre going to meet for a drink in a bar near a stadium when 50,000 other people have a similar idea then youre going to waste a lot of time. Not planning properly is a recipe for chaos and its a big let down when youre hoping someone will turn up but they dont make it because it wasnt clear what the plans were or they didnt have access to the internet when they needed to be.

take it from me,having a definite place and time to meet for an evening is essential. Moonie, you were at YOTI with the rest of us in september (and Denver in february too I think) and without having anything planned in advance its a safe bet that several people wouldnt have made it to those bashes. you cant rely on people going to internet cafes to check whats happening at the last minute and just hoping they get the info in time.I for one dont think I'll have much time online that week. most of the setlists or reviews or communicating i'll be doing will be my cellphone.

by all means, we can find a bar for a pre-show drink for all the concerts (although personally speaking, for Astoria I'll be going early as its general admission) but youre going to seriously have to have something and somewhere arranged for one of the "non show" nights. The only real difference is theres food involved too so its practical to get somewhere booked. I think the Tuesday night (26th) sounds a good idea as it seems several people have another thing planned for the Thursday, but we have to take into account too that several people wont be in London ALL week long.

I know it seems a long way away yet, but I really think we should try and get ideas and numbers as soon as possible because you'll find that if we let things slide on this, people will forget about it.

I should mention too that the whole point of these get togethers is for as many of us to meet each other as possible. It MAY be the 'last time' so we should make the most of it..Also, for those of you who read this board but hardly ever post on it and maybe arent as 'visible' here as the rest of us, PLEASE dont think youre not welcome to join us,because you most definitely are. So,dont be shy.
06-30-03 04:55 PM
Moonisup SSC and I arrive on a monday
07-01-03 05:31 PM
Monkey Woman I agree with Gazza. Once we have a day that's convenient for most people, the thing to do is to choose a place. In London, I suggest a pub, of course!
How about asking the London-based RocksOffers if they have suggestions?
07-01-03 06:38 PM
sirmoonie All I was saying is that its a good idea to "board up" while in London, because these things don't get arranged until the last minute. And believe me, you don't want to miss an uprompted piss up with this crew!

Consider the following areas:

Covent Garden
Earl's Court

Or, what would really kick royal butt IMHFO, is one of those Thames boat-ass pubs that are moored right near Big Ben.

I think all those are centrally located.

More later.......

"Punt me Ronnie!"
07-02-03 03:28 PM
Honky Tonk Man Today i FINALLY booked my leave from work for the Stones shows. The 23rd and 29th were the days i needed leave on.

I was quite worried for a minute as i thought i wouldn't get the days off!

I really should of booked my leave earlier. The days in between shows i have to work, but i could easily make an evening gathering.

Yes sirmoonie, Covent Garden is bound to have plenty of boozers. It is very easy for me to get too. Thats important. You can't have a drink in London without your Giants Stadium buddy being there!

Roll On August!

Alex
07-03-03 12:44 AM
MarthaMyDear I request that wherever we have this get-together has either food and/or espresso since I don't drink... Food would be my first choice (and I don't care how bad it might be 'cause I'll just have it as my lunch or dinner, etc.... That doesn't make sense so don't try to figure it out!!! lol................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ) but either food and/or espresso is fine with me!!! Take care!!!

*** Martha ***
07-05-03 04:01 PM
MarthaMyDear Just making sure this doesn't fall off the
board, etc., and testing my new pic.!!!
*** LONDON ***!!!
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
07-05-03 05:35 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat No food, I want drinks!
07-05-03 06:12 PM
Gazza >Food would be my first choice (and I don't care how bad it might be 'cause I'll just have it as my lunch or dinner, etc....

Dont worry Martha, theres plenty of awful restaurants in London!
07-05-03 07:31 PM
Honky Tonk Man Martha, i actually really like the idea of going to a resturant. Saying that though, my local at work does do Espresso. It is more of a bar rather than a proper pub. The food is not bad either. It also has a non smoking section and excepts all types of credit and debit cards. Certain swear words are also banned there. As well as all that, it's also quite cheap for London.

Alex
07-05-03 08:09 PM
MarthaMyDear lol.......................
:P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Certain swear words are banned there?!?!?! God, that's
funny!!!lol.......................

Well, I would be feeling MIGHTY repressed going there!!!
CRACKING-UP!!! As you can tell by my rant today (as I was in
a bad mood today, also, earlier...
lol....................... :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P

Just stress, I think... I actually edited that post ALOT...
NEVERMIND!!! ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
)...
The thing is is that HERE in Los Angeles is a PERFECT place
for fun get-togethers (ie. the Rainbow Bar And Grill on
Sunset Blvd. which has booze, espresso drinks, and fricking
GREAT food (pizza is one of their GREAT specialties, I think,
also) so I KNOW there HAS to be a place somewhat like that in
London... ACTUALLY, I bought the Rough Guide To London and
I'm going to start looking-up some places RIGHT NOW and post
them by the end of this evening so we can choose from those
or any others that anyone can think of... Thank you for
bringing that up, Alex!!!
I was thinking about that the other day... I want to swear
less... It's bad and I sound more like a truck driver with
each passing day!!! lol.........................

Sigh...lol.........................
I'm glad you can make it,
by the way, and I just got my passport the other day (my
first one), so I'm TOTALLY excited about this trip!!!
YIPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways, I'll talk to you
and SEE you soon!!!!
TAKE CARE!!!!

*** Martha ***
07-06-03 01:03 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
MarthaMyDear wrote:
I thought of the idea to have this fucking get-together so we are having it where there is food and/or espressso and that's fucking IT

Why this kind of reaction??? Geee, don't you have sense of humor? I might just pass on this get together.
07-06-03 02:20 AM
MarthaMyDear July 6th, 2003:
I'm editing this post (and deleting my rants in my other couple of posts...) to say I'm sorry to Strange_Stray_Cat, ESPECIALLY, and to ANYONE else who may have been offended by what I said... I'M SORRY!!! I won't say ANYTHING like that again, etc. (or even close), and I'm probably just moody, and shit, because I'm having MAJOR computer problems and a whole lot of other annoying things are going on right now (trust me), so I know that I'm moodier than usual and I'm sorry for taking my shit out on anyone, ok.?!?!?! Shit...

Anyways, I'm going to look-up what I think might be the best restaurant and going from what everyone's posted so far, I think that Tuesday, August 26th starting from early in the evening (or even the afternoon?!?!?!) to "whenever" is good for most people (I think?!?!?!), so I'm going to post that after I post what I just said... lol.................. Make sense??? I don't usually anyways, so forget it... lol........................ :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P Anyways, ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***

-------------------------------------------------------------
I'm looking in the Rough Guide To London and the only pubs that have web sites listed are these (I'll list restaurants next)... I just thought that it might be good for people to see some more information on them 'cause I just don't have much extra time right now to write out addresses and descriptions, etc., but I will for some other ones, also, later... Anyways, here are the pubs in London that are in that book that have web sites (I'll list the addresses for these, also) and I'll list restaurants next:

Pubs:

Soho-
The Toucan: http://www.thetoucan.co.uk
19 Carlisle St., W1

Islington-
Bierdorome: http://www.belgo-restaurants.com
173-174 Upper St., N1

Duke of Cambridge: http://www.singhboulton.co.uk
30 St. Peter's St., N1

Well, those are the pubs that have food and web sites... Not alot but I'll post some more pubs that don't have web sites with their addresses & locations & descriptions as well as restaurants that have both... That's it for today!!!

ROCK ON!!!

*** Martha ***
[Edited by MarthaMyDear]
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7