ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

September 11, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Remasters or German MFSL Return to archive
09-07-02 01:04 AM
masoudi Cmon experts give me some feedback on this one. I have all the LOndon German MFSL cd's and am in the process of selling every last bugger for these new Abcko remasters. What is the consensus of the stones fan and audio expert. Are these new one's better than the LOndon cd's done 1985. I know the previous abcko ones are shit an the London ones were always considered which is why I bought them in the past.

What do I do, sell them because the new Abcko ones are better??????????????

Of course id rather have two sets London and Abcko but in New Zealand they are shafting us with prices for the new ones and with all these, Hot Licks (japanese version of course) and all the stones shows in Aussie next year, I sadly need to raise funds.
09-07-02 02:29 AM
Stonesthrow Masoudi-- I inquired about that very thing in the remasters thread below. So far, I'm not totally convinced SACD is better enough to justify the cost unless you get an SACD player and a receiver capable of handling the SACD hookups. On a non-SACD player, the jury is still out. Quality notwithstanding, there are some stereo versions of songs that are on German Decca which apparently are not going to be on SACD. Play With Fire and Get Off My Cloud come to mind. Also, I understand that Satisfaction on Hot Rocks is a very narrow stereo (almost a remix) and Mother's Little Helper may be that as well. Both were wide stereo on the German Hot Rocks. Although I was able to obtain 19th Nervous Breakdown, The Last Time, the long version of Everybody Needs Somebody To Love, the short version of 2120 S. Michigan Ave., Sad Day, and Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, in stereo from independent sources, they don't appear in stereo on any of the SACDs even though it could have been done.

From what little research I've done so far, it does not appear to be cost-effective to scrap the Deccas and shell out for SACD, especially if you don't have the SACD player and compatible receiver. That is especially true because you won't get more than a few bucks for each of the Deccas even in good condition. Besides, everybody and his brother will have the SACDs. We are in a small brotherhood that have the Decca versions. Be proud of that unique status. Whether or not I get any more SACDs, my Deccas are not going anywhere.