ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

September 11, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Fleet MP3's Return to archive
09-06-02 07:36 PM
Mathijs I love the internet: within two days you can listen to a show all over the world in quite good quality! And, even better, the Stones sound quite good too! Finally the tempo's aren't dragging as they did in 94 and 97, it seems to rock more now.

But what's with the crowd in the Fleet center? They seem to discuss daily life, children, education and politics, but listening to the Stones doesn't seem to enter their minds! There's even some idiot making some really weird sounds like he's choking himself...and the endless shouts to "sit down"...don't they understand it is a R&R show and you have to DANCE?

Mathijs
09-06-02 09:38 PM
UncleSalty Ech! Hog-tie 'em and pitch 'em out! ONE, SINGLE, shout directed at my ears to "sit down" and I will go nutsy, I'm pumped up on meds so I wouldn't test the waters! I'm mid floor for the arenas, so I doubt many, if any, will sit.
09-06-02 09:58 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Some poor sap wasn't dancing, just standing up and he got shouted down where I was - and I mean I sympathized with the poor guy totally, but standing doing nothing during "Wild Horses"? When I stood up (through 75% of the show), I was dancing like a madman, and I didn't get any yells to siddown.

Maybe because at the end of the songs I yelled "Rah-neee! Rah-neee!" and was pulled down once by my father at the end of "Rocks Off" when I yelled "YEAH! YEAH! RONNNIEEEE! YOU FUCKIN' RULE!"

My heart still speeds up just thinking about it... ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... "Rocks Off" live...... sounding absolutely phenomenal...

-tSYX --- Let's get together before we get much older...
09-07-02 04:48 AM
Moonisup Well I think you havve had a really great time, I think!! I'm happy for you, it just reminds me at my first stonesconcert, I started to cry and was dancing the whole time!!!

Rik
09-07-02 09:37 AM
BOBM That's what I've been telling people for years !!! Most of the people who pay to see the Stones in the U.S. don't know or care much about the Stones. They just go because it's the "happing thing du jour". I have a recording from Hartford 3/28/99 where some girl talks from start to finish. I saw it at Gillette Stadium Thursday night, and have seen it at other Stones shows. It's a fact. That's why the Stones could never get away with playing obscure songs to often. The majority of people want to hear only the hot rocks, if they care at all.
09-07-02 01:52 PM
gotdablouse matthijs - glad the prozac has helped...;-)
I seriously thought you were going to top yourself before the week was over.
In the same way that I didn't share your recent negativity, I'm not terribly impressed by the live mp3s...
Keith's mistakes are pretty obvious and Ronnie's solos are not as great as some Ronnie aficionados had us believe...