ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

September 11, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rehersing tons I bet...... Return to archive
09-06-02 05:51 PM
Maxlugar I bet this tour forces them to rehearse more than they've ever had to rehearse during a tour. What with three different shows and all....

This is a good thing.

Plus them making an albuma at the same time ....

Folks, this is going to be The Rolling Mother Fucking Stones at their best ever!!

Do you realize this?

Discuss.....

Maxy!

09-06-02 05:56 PM
Scottfree I tend to agree, now get the damn mix correct, and we are in Utopia!
09-06-02 06:19 PM
Riffhard Oh yes Maxy!
Absofuckinglutely!This will be a tour for the ages.If they are already getting such strong reviews only two shows into the tour.I get so jacked up just thinking about our little Garden party!They are going to be On Fire by then!

I can't wait to see the setlist for tomarrow night.I will be almost too afraid to read it for fear of a freaking heart attack.That would just suck to have a heart attack before the 26th of September!I feel I should just lock myself away for the next three weeks so nothing happens to me that might cause me to miss the show.I don't want to take any chances of missing this tour.I think I'll buy myself a motorcycle helmet with a full on face mask.I'll wear it when ever I'm in my Toyota minivan or riding my bike.Hell,I'll wear that fucker when I'm in a taxi.No head injuries for your pal Steve before our little date with destiny in NYC!I suggest we all buy matching motorcycle helmets just for the occassion.There is no such thing as being too cautious.

Just a thought.

Riffhard

PS-I'm on the air cranking Monkey Man even as we speak!Tune into 95.9 if you are 25 miles of the Central Jersey Shore!Yeah!
[Edited by Riffhard]
09-06-02 06:38 PM
nankerphelge This just keeps getting better. Your C10A status is carved in stone my friend!!

I noticed that they played all Some Girls on the B last nite -- question is now, which arena show will get the SG showcase!! Chicago? Philly? They can actually use one show to rehearse for another -- its brilliant! Also, since they've played Stray Cat Blues, Sympathy and SFM at the opener (which was an Exile showcase) -- what will they do when they play the Beggars showcase -- what else is coming out? Jigsaw Puzzle? Prodigal Son? Dear Doctor? And if so, what do they do to fill in the other tunes? The possibilities are fascinating -- the boots will be unbelievable.

I think it is time to begin drinking...
09-06-02 09:03 PM
~AzQb No head injuries for your pal Steve before our little date with destiny in NYC!I suggest we all buy matching motorcycle helmets just for the occassion.There is no such thing as being too cautious.

Just a thought.

Riffhard

PS-I'm on the air cranking Monkey Man even as we speak!Tune into 95.9 if you are 25 miles of the Central Jersey Shore!Yeah!
[Edited by Riffhard]
[/quote]

Hey RiFFeRBoY!

I didn't know YOU would be there too ! Now the Jones is getting BOLD, me man ; )~

Can hardly WaIt ; )

~
09-07-02 09:34 AM
Riffhard I will most definatly be there Queenie.I will be there with bells(and a full face masked motorcyycle helmet)on!Will you be there?Where the hell have you been anyway?Hope to see you in The Big Apple!

Riffhard
09-07-02 10:40 AM
Boomhauer And remember, not only are they probably going to have to rehearse, but they are going to finish up writing those songs that they started in Paris.

If you read that billboard interview with Mick and Keith, in a seperate interview Keith said something to the fact that he's gonna "write finish up one song every night" or something of that matter.

I can't wait!
09-07-02 11:38 AM
sirmoonie I agree with Maxwell, something strange is going on with the Stones, some demonic energy has penetrated them for the first time in years or even decades. I think that when they thought up this tour, they decided to do a big ego tribute to themselves, but along the way found that maybe there was some unfinished business that needed to be attended to. Maybe alot. Panic may have set in to some degree and then their juices started flowing and we have the following, in recent years almost unthinkable, events: CYHMK(!!!), Torn and Frayed, Loving Cup, this series of incredible theater shows, the foreshadow-ish sharp sound of Don't Stop, the apparent real productivity of the Paris sessions, Ronnie quitting the hootch, interesting and bizarre decision to cover Love Train, mongo ass fire bombs, the uniform great reviews out of the Boston shows from their toughest critics (us), mini-album showcases, reissues, and many more I haven't listed or thought of. Am I nuts, or is there just "something going on" for lack of a better term? A year ago if I had read one the periodic posts RE: "they will do new album and it will be best, blah, blah" I would have written off as some of the usual rhetoric we get on the boards. Now, I really do see as more likely than not, a double CD following the tour with some of their best material since Exile.

Thats my story and I'm sticking with it until I sober up.....
09-07-02 11:42 AM
nankerphelge Absolutely -- Keith said they weren't pussyfootin' around and I think that's pretty clear after just 2 shows. This is gonan be a Stones romp for the next 2 years -- it is of Biblical proportions!