ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

September 11, 2002
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: guitar information on tour! Return to archive
09-05-02 10:40 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 anyone know the different guitars keith, ron, mick and daryl are using.

i know daryl has used fender basses so far.
i know keith has used Gibson ES355, his many butterscotch blonde fender telecasters, blonde fender stratocaster.
ronnie has used a sunburst fender stratocaster, but we don't know how many, esp telecasters, gibson firebird reversed, weisenborne lap steele,danoelectro coral sitar and possibly more.
mick has used a butterscotch blonde fender telecaster is all i know.
09-06-02 06:43 AM
Mathijs I think you summed it all up for now, except for the Anderson Cobra Keith uses for Slipping Away (or actually, not uses, I find it a little strange to think Keith unstraps his guitar there). Funny thing is that contrary to the $20.000 Tele's Keith uses, Mick uses he $1000 1952 Re-issue Telecaster for Don't Stop, including the horrible 3-piece bridge which you can't tune properly. Are you sure that's a Danelectro Coral Sitar Ronnie uses on SFM, I thought it was somekind of Rickenbacker short scale 12-string with a Sitar pedal, but I couldn't see it properly on the video.

Mathijs
09-06-02 08:29 AM
juantcb Ronnie played a Dan Armstrong clear plastic one (same as Keith's in '69) during Mannish Boy at the Fleet on Tuesday.

And I'm pretty sure Keith played (or leaned on, I should say) his black ES335 during Slipping Away, though I'm not positive.

Not sure what the amp setups are for this tour, but they sounded MUCH dirtier than VL, B2B, and NS. Ronnie especially. Didn't see any pedals other than Ron's wah, though.

Cheers,

John
09-06-02 12:22 PM
no_cole_porter Hey Guys,
Does anyone know if we will see Keith's Sunburst Telecaster or maybe the 60's White Blonde Telecaster from B2B or even some of the Les Paul Juniors or Ronnie's Black Les Paul Standard from previous tours? As far as the amps are concerned, Keith's still using his two 50's era tweed Fender Twin amps. Ronnie and Mick I believe are playing through two Fender Vibro King Amps With Another 50's era Tweed Fender Amp. Ronnie's Vox AC-30 seems to have vanished so far. They are all using Mesa/Boogie Cabinets as well. Personally I'd like to see Keith use his 1959 Les Paul Standard with the Bigsby...Does he still own that one?
09-06-02 05:37 PM
Stonesmillenium2001 I wonder if Keith is using the gibson les paul jr double cutaway also. I know he has used it on Midnight Rambler a lot over the years. Ronnie probably is using a rickenbacker. I don't know. i know the coral sitar and the rickenbacker have similar shades.
09-06-02 06:21 PM
Soul Survivor I want Keith to use A flying V like the one he used at Hyde Park
09-06-02 07:29 PM
Mathijs The 1958 Gibson Les Paul with Bigsby tremelo is now property of a London Danmark Street collector.

I took a look at the video again, and I am quite certain Wood uses a Rickenbacker on SFM. The control plate is typical for Rickenbecker, while a coral sitar doesn't have one, and normally is painted black or even covered in leather.

And judging the tape of the Fleet Center on the net: I wished Keith stopped using these Fender twins, it again sounds to clean to my ears. He needs to crank it up!!

Mathijs