ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards loves Bono Return to archive
3rd September 2007 12:43 PM
mrhipfl

5:36

nice interview.
3rd September 2007 12:58 PM
marko I think,it was from oslo 1988,or stockholm,promoting his
solo album,talk is cheap.
This interview,was aired on finish tv YLE,and and also a
finish woman interviewed him.I still got this somewhere.
3rd September 2007 01:00 PM
fireontheplatter back in his jack and coke days.

3rd September 2007 01:13 PM
gimmekeef I'm sure he meant Sonny Bono....and Cher..."I've Got U Babe"
3rd September 2007 01:24 PM
bilsim what a bloke keef is. Love the interview.
3rd September 2007 01:25 PM
Lethargy Keith likes AC-DC? Never heard him say that before. Interesting...
3rd September 2007 01:34 PM
Mr Jurkka
quote:
Lethargy wrote:
Keith likes AC-DC? Never heard him say that before. Interesting...

They played licks tour in few gigs with angus and malmcom. I dont think keith hates them either.
3rd September 2007 01:42 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

He likes Motorhead too. I found that interesting also.
3rd September 2007 01:51 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I'm sure he meant Sonny Bono....and Cher..."I've Got U Babe"

i disagree, since he played with u2 in the UK live on 2 songs in the late 80's, ive seen the video footage
3rd September 2007 02:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:

i disagree, since he played with u2 in the UK live on 2 songs in the late 80's, ive seen the video footage

Yep..."Smile Jamaica" concert at the Dominion in London, October 1988 - a benefit for the victims of the island's recent hurricane. They did 2 songs together from 'Rattle and Hum'. Remember watchin' it live on Channel 4 and whooping when Keith came on!

Here's our man!

Keith & Ronnie also backed Bono on 'Silver & Gold' in 1986, from the 'Artists United Against Apartheid' album
[Edited by Gazza]
3rd September 2007 02:45 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Lethargy wrote:

I can think of two interviews where he said positive things about AC/DC - makes sense.

"Welcome, Angus and Malcolm."

3rd September 2007 02:58 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yep..."Smile Jamaica" concert at the Dominion in London, October 1988 - a benefit for the victims of the island's recent hurricane. They did 2 songs together from 'Rattle and Hum'. Remember watchin' it live on Channel 4 and whooping when Keith came on!

Here's our man!

Keith & Ronnie also backed Bono on 'Silver & Gold' in 1986, from the 'Artists United Against Apartheid' album
[Edited by Gazza]

Yes guys..I know...have those tunes on several good boots..Keith is quite eclectic in his likes....I really think perhaps the Bono mention was as much a piss off to Mick as anything considering his feelings round then....But as usual he was so loaded tough to understand much of waht he said much less why he said it
3rd September 2007 03:05 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
mrhipfl wrote:

He likes Motorhead too. I found that interesting also.

The Motorhead mention came in the same interview as the I-snorted-Dad claim. But, after all the furor over that, the reporter went back and re-listened to the interview. Turns out, Keith said "Mozart," not "Motorhead." How on earth the two could be confused -- even assuming Keith's speech was its slurriest -- is beyond me.
3rd September 2007 03:07 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The Motorhead mention came in the same interview as the I-snorted-Dad claim. But, after all the furor over that, the reporter went back and re-listened to the interview. Turns out, Keith said "Mozart," not "Motorhead." How on earth the two could be confused -- even assuming Keith's speech was its slurriest -- is beyond me.

Lemmy will be thrilled at the comparison....
3rd September 2007 08:29 PM
robpop
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Here's our man!

[Edited by Gazza]

I have the boot of this show. I always liked the snippets of Ruby Tuesday and SFTD in thier live performances of Bad.

Anyway that interview with KR is before he started hating everybody.
[Edited by robpop]
4th September 2007 06:27 PM
BONOISLOVE I love Bono!
4th September 2007 06:30 PM
Joey
quote:
BONOISLOVE wrote:
I love Bono!

I just barfed !!!!!

Why ?!

WHY ..... ?!

5th September 2007 03:43 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Joey wrote:

I just barfed !!!!!

Why ?!

WHY ..... ?!

Maybe because you love the Bono too. (See Linda Blair, in The Exorcist.)
5th September 2007 04:34 AM
guitarman53
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

The Motorhead mention came in the same interview as the I-snorted-Dad claim. But, after all the furor over that, the reporter went back and re-listened to the interview. Turns out, Keith said "Mozart,"

That is really amazing! I love Mozart too, his piano concertos are really amazing, the guy really was a musical geniues.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)