ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2007

Congratulations Cucho, a second edition! Now printed in Spain
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Led Zeppelin to play the 02 (NSC) Return to archive
1st September 2007 04:52 PM
Gazza Led Zeppelin set to reform

A London show is being advertised

Led Zeppelin look set to reform for a gig at London's O2 Arena this autumn.

Although there has been no official announcement that the legendary rockers will perform again 27 years after they disbanded, advertisements appeared in the national press today (September 1) with top-price ticket and hotel packages on offer for £369.

A cheaper package from the Premier Entertainments company, including a night in a four-star hotel, is available for £269, reports This Is London.

Callers today were told: "It's just about to be officially announced."

Promoters subsequently told BBC 6 Music not to book tickets "just yet", but did not deny the story.

The reunion has been rumoured all year, and suspicions were further aroused when it was revealed the band would release a 2-CD 'Best Of' compilation called 'Mothership' on November 11.

It's thought that original drummer John Bonham's son Jason would replace him on drums. The band originally split following John's death aged 32 in 1980 after choking on his own vomit following an alcohol binge.

The three surviving members - John Paul Jones, Robert Plant and Jimmy Page - briefly reunited at the Live Aid concert in Philadelphia in 1985 and at Atlantic Records' 40th birthday celebrations in 1988

www.nme.com
1st September 2007 05:59 PM
gotdablouse Looks like these guys are in need of cash...in 1994 JPJ was all fired up because he was being ignored by P and P, notably for their reunion, which didn't work out all that well actually.

Arguably, Page hasn't created much, if anything, of interest since some tracks on "Presence" like "Achille's Last Stand" and that was 30+ years ago !
1st September 2007 06:10 PM
MRD8 Have you heard the amazing quality Southampton University January 22, 1973 2CD set that showed up on DIME three weeks ago? A Zep reunion would break all the records...they have an incredible fanbase for a band that disbanded twenty-seven years ago!
1st September 2007 06:11 PM
Stray Cat UK Didn't Page make an album called "Outrider" in about '87/'88 ?
1st September 2007 06:25 PM
gotdablouse I'd say 1988, and by the sound of it you don't remember much about it ;-) There were a few nice instrumentals with a 12 string that were nice, the rest was totally forgettable, a few tracks song by John Myles, I think.

Actually "The Firm" with Paul Rodgers wasn't too bad but they didn't break any new ground, odd when you look at what Free/Bad Co and Zeppelin did in the 70s. We've been complaining about Keith's lack of output since 1994 but Pagey has been dried up since 1977 !
1st September 2007 06:43 PM
speedfreakjive could be an awesome reunion
1st September 2007 06:48 PM
Gazza
quote:
speedfreakjive wrote:
could be an awesome reunion

If Zeppelin were to tour, theyd shatter all box office records if they wanted to.
1st September 2007 07:32 PM
lotsajizz I saw the Firm twice in the 80's and the Page/Crowes tour in 2000---if he tours again, I'm there....Jimmy is awesome...
1st September 2007 09:05 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Su fucking great!! I wanna be there...

1st September 2007 10:22 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
MRD8 wrote:
Have you heard the amazing quality Southampton University January 22, 1973 2CD set that showed up on DIME three weeks ago? A Zep reunion would break all the records...they have an incredible fanbase for a band that disbanded twenty-seven years ago!

The Traders Den now hosts "The Great Lost Live Album" - which is the Southampton show plus 5 rehearsal tracks and bonus (sbd) tracks from Bradford: 01-Jan-73.

---
Disc 3 (Rehearsal)
01 Drum/Mellotron Tuning
02 Love Me
03 Frankfurst Special
04 King Creole
05 Love Me

Bonus Tracks (1973.01.18 Bradford SBD)
06 Dazed And Confused
07 Whole Lotta Love
08 Immigrant Song
---

http://www.thetradersden.org/forums/showthread.php?t=44546
1st September 2007 11:32 PM
Dan Is Premier Entertainment an official seller for O2 or the Promoter? If so I would be leery about giving them money or at least read the fine print first.
1st September 2007 11:34 PM
Dan
quote:
gotdablouse wrote:
Looks like these guys are in need of cash...in 1994 JPJ was all fired up because he was being ignored by P and P, notably for their reunion, which didn't work out all that well actually.

I really doubt they need cash. Their back catalog and the more recent live DVDs have sold quite well. And the Page Plant thing worked out fine financially and musically speaking.
2nd September 2007 12:06 AM
sweetcharmedlife Gazza I'm not so convinced that a Zep reunion would break records. I guess this o2 gig has legs to it. We'll see if it happens. Robert Plant has done nothing for the last 20 years,but try and distance himself from Zep and he has a new country album with Alison Krauss coming out. It surely is not about the money. But if they were to do a reunion tour,I will sell body parts to be there.
2nd September 2007 01:15 AM
glencar Is there a larger tour planned?
2nd September 2007 01:16 AM
Dan
quote:
Gazza I'm not so convinced that a Zep reunion would break records.

I remember right after Steel Wheels broke all records, Led Zeppelin got a better offer. They would do better financially than A Bigger Bang if they were on the road the same amount of time or did an equivalent amount of shows.
2nd September 2007 02:06 AM
Zack
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The band originally split following John's death aged 32 in 1980 after choking on his own vomit following an alcohol binge.

That's incorrect. He actually choked on somebody else's vomit.
2nd September 2007 04:02 AM
glen759 I would guess that if this were true surely they would not reform for a few shows, to make it worth there time and effort wouldn't they need to tour for 2-3 months?
2nd September 2007 07:49 AM
Honky Tonk Man I WILL BE THERE!
2nd September 2007 08:14 AM
Left Shoe Shuffle
quote:
Zack wrote:
That's incorrect. He actually choked on somebody else's vomit.

You can't really dust for vomit.
2nd September 2007 12:24 PM
Gimme Shelter I really hope they do a massive tour. I saw Page/Plant twice when they reunited and both shows were incredible.
2nd September 2007 03:21 PM
mojoman i'gonna get drunk and run around my neighbourhood naked
3rd September 2007 03:49 PM
Dan And as suspected:

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=79924

Ellie Davis of BBC 6 Music reports that promoters are taking action after tickets for a rumored LED ZEPPELIN comeback gig are being advertised.

Despite no official confirmation from the band, hotel and ticket packages are being sold for upwards of £269 for gigs at London's O2 Arena.

The company offering the deal has now been reported to the Department of Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS).

Promoter Harvey Goldsmith has issued a statement to warn the fans not to fall victiom to ticket touts.

"There have been at least four events advertised which I suspect either don't exist or where no tickets are on sale or indeed dates finalized," he said. "These are the very people whom our industry has spent over a year trying to convince the DCMS to instigate outlawing.

"The media should consider the consequences of giving credibility to those who rip the public off.

"There are NO packages or tickets for some the events advertised at all, nor do some of the events even exist. We are concerned that the public will be fleeced. The bottom line is that unless official adverts have appeared for concerts, tickets are not on sale. Do not buy from unauthorized sources."

There is still no official word on whether LED ZEPPELIN's rumored comeback will happen.
3rd September 2007 03:54 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
mojoman wrote:
i'gonna get drunk and run around my neighbourhood naked

Don't do it. I once did that and got a really bad cold. I fell down too, but didn't get hurt besides a couple of scratches. I was completely sober. If you do end up doing it, make sure you wear some shoes, because I did get some blisters.
3rd September 2007 04:01 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
mojoman wrote:
i'gonna get drunk and run around my neighbourhood naked

cocaine and whiskey will make people do very strange things...think about your actions before you get arrested.

everybody say ow
3rd September 2007 05:17 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:
Promoter Harvey Goldsmith has issued a statement to warn the fans not to fall victiom to ticket touts.

Ironic words from a promoter who is notorious within the industry for siphoning off thousands of tickets for major shows to said touts, including the Springsteen 02 show which went on sale last week....
3rd September 2007 05:22 PM
Mel Belli So is this thing for real or not?

The timing would seem strange, as Plant has an album of duets with Alison Krauss coming out soon. Advance word is that it's pretty good, and I imagine he'd want to promote the thing in some fashion. Nothing like a Zep reunion to drown out the buzz.
3rd September 2007 05:39 PM
fireontheplatter oh lord no

think about plant up there on stage doing the count....1 2 3 4

i'm buying my stairway to heaven

3rd September 2007 05:42 PM
the good
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If Zeppelin were to tour, theyd shatter all box office records if they wanted to.

I think they will sell out some shows very quickly, but once the reviews come in it will be all down hill.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)