ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: For the best version ever... Return to archive
6th September 2006 02:40 AM
rocker of "Dead Flowers" go to youtube and key in "Dead Flowers Keith Richards" and you will find a video link to keith, Ryan adams, Willie Nelson, and Hank III singing it. its spectacular, and kicks any recent redention by the stones in the teeth
6th September 2006 02:46 AM
Altamont Best version ever?? please....

6th September 2006 03:07 AM
FotiniD Ah, so beautiful. Why can't they strip down to the basics and go back to playing like that or the Glimmers sharing the same mic... I miss Keith's vocals, I want to hear songs like that again. What are they so afraid of? They'd have earned 10 times more respect off critics and people and even gather more fans, if you ask me. They'd even sound younger, to cover the Peter Pan syndrome as well. What's so hard about it?
6th September 2006 03:13 AM
Zack I think the Marquee Club version is the best ever, especially Taylor's solo.
6th September 2006 08:51 AM
gimmekeef Subjective of course....but I really thought DF from Houston 2005 was excellent and should have been kept in the rotation.The Willie Nelson version is fun and I enjoy it but personally I think some of the 70's versions with either Taylor or Ronnie are superior......
6th September 2006 08:52 AM
RollingstonesUSA Get Your Leeds Lungs Out....
6th September 2006 10:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Subjective of course....but I really thought DF from Houston 2005 was excellent and should have been kept in the rotation.

I'd go further than that. It was the best version of any song on the entire ABB tour.
6th September 2006 01:04 PM
Scottfree
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Subjective of course....but I really thought DF from Houston 2005 was excellent and should have been kept in the rotation.The Willie Nelson version is fun and I enjoy it but personally I think some of the 70's versions with either Taylor or Ronnie are superior......

Did they play guitar?
6th September 2006 01:20 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
FotiniD wrote:
Why can't they strip down to the basics and go back to playing like that or the Glimmers sharing the same mic... I miss Keith's vocals, I want to hear songs like that again. What are they so afraid of?

but then what would Bernard, Blondie, Lisa, Tim, Kent, Bobby, Michael and all the other extras do for work?????

no band in their right mind would hire those ass clowns to play onstage with them

c'mon man! Show some compassion! they have a right to earn a living too

shit! Ronnie couldnt even land a paying gig with another band these days - much less all those guys
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)