ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chris Jagger on Steel Wheels & Other Notes Return to archive Page: 1 2
5th September 2006 10:45 AM
Zeeta

It says literary editor so what did he do?

I stuck on Steel Wheels last night when I had to do ironing as my girlfriend was away.

Ironing is the worst of all the household chores in my opinion.

Washing up dishes I love cos u just get stuck in and get some tunes on. Hoovering I get my iPod on full volume and dance-hoover! Cleaning's ok too but IRONING! Just so fiddly and difficult!

Anyway I think I quite like Steel Wheels in a nostalgic 80s manor...it got me through 2 hours of ironing!

I like Almost Hear You Sigh - does that make me soft? Great accoustic solo in there too - is that Ronald?

I want one of these fuckers http://www.innovations-report.com/html/reports/process_engineering/report-29650.html £789 though!
5th September 2006 10:49 AM
jb A steam press is available at certain stores starting from $79.50 USDA.
5th September 2006 10:51 AM
Gazza Hes credited as "literary editor" on 'Blinded by love', isnt he? Maybe he helped Mick correct a few historical factual inaccuracies in the lyrics or something..LOL

AHYS is one of the greatest ballads of the Stones' career, and one of the best four or five songs theyve done in the last 25 years. If theyd written that around the time they put out Wild Horses, it would be widely considered as a classic and as fondly remembered. A gem that deserves to be better known.

I don't iron!
5th September 2006 10:55 AM
Zeeta Yes I don't "do" ironing either but I had no shirts for work!!!!!!

AHYS is great and I agree Sir Gazza.

What did Chris Jagger do though and did he get royalties? Maybe Mick helped him out with his pocket money!
5th September 2006 10:56 AM
jb
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Yes I don't "do" ironing either but I had no shirts for work!!!!!!

What did Chris Jagger do though and did he get royalties? Maybe Mick helped him out with his pocket money!

Mick does not lend anytone money.
5th September 2006 11:17 AM
Zeeta Ha !

5th September 2006 11:26 AM
Gazza
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Yes I don't "do" ironing either but I had no shirts for work!!!!!!

as he's credited, I would imagine he got some kind of 'session man' fee.

Which, knowing Mick, probably amounted to a quarter pound of boiled sweets, a pat on the head and his bus fare home
[Edited by Gazza]
5th September 2006 11:54 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

I like Almost Hear You Sigh - does that make me soft? Great accoustic solo in there too - is that Ronald?

That's Keith on classical guitar. One of his finest recorded solos, imo.
5th September 2006 01:28 PM
Zeeta
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
That's Keith on classical guitar. One of his finest recorded solos, imo.

Superb isn't it? Not long or many notes but descends down the scale and fits perfectly. I'd like to hear an acoustic version of the song actually just to see what I'd be like, I'd imagine it'd suit the song...

Who's "Jordan" who gets a credit for Almost Hear You Sigh?

It actually says Chris Jagger is a "literary editor" on Almost Hear You Sigh as well as Blinded by Love.

He must of got at least a packet of fruit gums for 2 songs of literary editing whatever the fuck that is! However, Mick advised him to get a full VAT receipt for tax reasons!!!
5th September 2006 01:35 PM
Honky Tonk Man I iron my own clothes because no one else can be counted on to make a decent job of it!
5th September 2006 01:48 PM
erikjjf
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Steve Jordan, of the X-pensive Winos.
[Edited by erikjjf]
5th September 2006 02:29 PM
Gazza
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Superb isn't it? Not long or many notes but descends down the scale and fits perfectly. I'd like to hear an acoustic version of the song actually just to see what I'd be like, I'd imagine it'd suit the song...

It is of course Steve Jordan. He originally co-wrote the song with Keith and it was recorded for "Talk is cheap". theres even a bootleg of it from those sessions
5th September 2006 02:31 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It is of course Steve Jordan. He originally co-wrote the song with Keith and it was recorded for "Talk is cheap". theres even a bootleg of it from those sessions

With the "Stand up, be counted with me" refrain that was wisely trimmed by (I'm guessing) Mick.
5th September 2006 02:36 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

She's very hot!!!
5th September 2006 02:43 PM
F505 Is she Mrs Gazza?
5th September 2006 02:56 PM
jb That is what you call one sexy babe!!!
5th September 2006 02:57 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
F505 wrote:
Is she Mrs Gazza?

Oh yeah...and The Stones will be playing 29 songs each night this fall....with only 3 warhorses!...lol
5th September 2006 03:07 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
That is what you call one sexy babe!!!

The Modern Times Appreciation thread is a big hit!
5th September 2006 03:10 PM
F505
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:

Oh yeah...and The Stones will be playing 29 songs each night this fall....with only 3 warhorses!...lol

"Only"? I'd rather see they don't play NO warhorses!
5th September 2006 03:11 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

"Only"? I'd rather see they don't play NO warhorses!

friggin funny!!!!
5th September 2006 03:11 PM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:

She's very hot!!!

Jordan? No. Far from it IMO. Her sexiness is about as plastic as her kahunas
5th September 2006 03:14 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Jordan? No. Far from it IMO. Her sexiness is about as plastic as her kahunas

I love plastic....there is nothing wrong with plastic!!!
5th September 2006 03:17 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

I love plastic....there is nothing wrong with plastic!!!

May I be the first to congratulate you with the fabulous new record of your Jewish brother Bob? Now in store!
5th September 2006 03:19 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

May I be the first to congratulate you with the fabulous new record of your Jewish brother Bob? Now in store!

Has he returned to the flock? He is on on Ipod commercial here.
5th September 2006 03:23 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Since I still don't have an Ipod I can't tell you. But I do know there is a vinyl version of Modern Times. Ask Nasty Habist!
5th September 2006 03:24 PM
jb Nasty???
5th September 2006 03:27 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:
Nasty???

Yes, I think that's his name.
5th September 2006 03:29 PM
Egbert
quote:
jb wrote:

I saw that Ipod commercial - somehow I don't see hot young girls grooving on the new Dylan...
5th September 2006 03:29 PM
jb
quote:
F505 wrote:

Yes, I think that's his name.

Interesting!!! You and my friend Dutch Rik were 100% correct about the band!!!
5th September 2006 03:32 PM
F505
quote:
jb wrote:

Interesting!!! You and my friend Dutch Rik were 100% correct about the band!!!

Yes, I am a very realistic person.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)