ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: KASABIAN SLAMS STONES Return to archive Page: 1 2
4th September 2006 01:55 PM
dirtyden

Guitar heroes insist THE ROLLING STONES are "granddads" and should be "drinking tea" instead of performing.
The gritty British rockers, who supported the legendary rockers during the European leg of their A Bigger Bang world tour, met SIR MICK JAGGER and KEITH RICHARDS backstage And they were less than impressed by what they saw.
Frontman TOM MEIGHAN says, "All I remember is Mick coming up and saying, 'I heard you had a storm, you f**ker.' And Keith said hello.
"But it was weird because they are granddads. They should be drinking cups of tea in their armchairs."
4th September 2006 02:15 PM
Gimme Shelter WTF
4th September 2006 02:21 PM
MrPleasant These Kasabians are alright. They are stupid mediocre assholes, but that's another story.
4th September 2006 04:12 PM
FotiniD Now is it a "they're grandads, should be drinking tea" as in "no relevant any more" or as in "Jesus Christ, how can they STILL do it?". I don't know.

I kinda like Kasabian though. Not so mediocre, imo. And being provocative always scores you more points in the press etc, etc... Although come to think of it, bashing the Stones has become a fad or norm lately, not so provocative at all.

4th September 2006 04:25 PM
Fiji Joe This is the second time in a month these ass clowns have gotten free pub at the Stones' expense...write some songs that the masses want to hear 40 years from now...then come talk to us
4th September 2006 04:51 PM
Taptrick

I think they meant "...they should be drinking tea instead of making more money than Kasabian and showing us, who are but the puss of a pimple on the ass of a flea, how it is done."

[Edited by Taptrick]
4th September 2006 05:27 PM
danielharris627 Hahahha how lame. I think no one should comment about their age until they are struggling moving around onstage.
Wankers.
4th September 2006 09:19 PM
Soldatti Fuck this bastards, who the hell they are?
4th September 2006 09:57 PM
glencar I have a problem with any group named after a Manson groupie...
5th September 2006 01:44 AM
gorda Those ungrateful brats!

How dare they!

They just want attention!

Anything to get their name in the paper.
5th September 2006 09:29 AM
corgi37 Gee, what a highly original thing to say. Anyway, in 2-3 years, it will be "coming to a cruise ship near you - Kasabian!"

Right after the puppet show.
5th September 2006 09:38 AM
jb What did they say?
5th September 2006 11:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Stones vs Kasabian
(Tuesday September 05, 2006 12:16 AM)
Launch

The Rolling Stones have denied claims made by Kasabian that they're on the brink of quitting touring.

The rock legends are currently in the midst of their enormous "Bigger Bang" world tour, which recently included a string of European support shows with Kasabian.

Following the dates, the group's singer Tom Meighan claimed Jagger and co were planning to quite the live stage for good at the end of the tour.

Meighan insisted: "It's the last ones they'll be playing now. They're about finished. Time's calling on them man and they're gonna stop actually doing it. I can't believe it but they are gonna stop playing."

However, a spokesman for The Stones has completely dismissed his comments, suggesting fans "watch this space" for an announcement.

"The Rolling Stones categorically deny that the 'Bigger Bang' tour will be their last, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have continually refuted the rumours.

"Keith recently said that they were not in it for the money, they are in it for the glory and they thoroughly intend to carry on," the spokesman told Gigwise.
5th September 2006 11:51 AM
jb I guess they are finally calling it quits...probably a sound decision based on poor sales and even poorer albums.
5th September 2006 11:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels "The Rolling Stones categorically deny that the 'Bigger Bang' tour will be their last, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have continually refuted the rumours.

"Keith recently said that they were not in it for the money, they are in it for the glory and they thoroughly intend to carry on," the spokesman told Gigwise."
5th September 2006 11:58 AM
jb
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
"The Rolling Stones categorically deny that the 'Bigger Bang' tour will be their last, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards have continually refuted the rumours.

"Keith recently said that they were not in it for the money, they are in it for the glory and they thoroughly intend to carry on," the spokesman told Gigwise."

I think it is their last tour..they have no reason to come back here other than for the $$$$.
5th September 2006 12:04 PM
Gazza Doesnt say how the guy reckons its their last tour - did they or someone close to the band tell him? He sounds like hes passing it off as fact

Which it probably is IMO. Everything I've heard since day one of this tour indicates this a long farewell and next year's European tour will see the end of the Stones as a touring band.

The 'watch this space' is merely an indication of shows for next summer - it's still the same tour however

the original quote in this thread just looks like another bit of mischievous journalism taken out of context and edited for effect. No-one talks like that.

[Edited by Gazza]
5th September 2006 12:08 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Doesnt say how the guy reckons its their last tour - did they or someone close to the band tell him? He sounds like hes passing it off as fact

Which it probably is IMO. Everything I've heard since day one of this tour indicates this a long farewell and next year's European tour will see the end of the Stones as a touring band.

The 'watch this space' is merely an indication of shows for next summer - it's still the same tour however
[Edited by Gazza]

Agreed...I was told thsat this was absolutely their final world tour....Kasabian is merely staating the truth.
5th September 2006 12:09 PM
Gazza
quote:
gorda wrote:
Those ungrateful brats!

How dare they!

They just want attention!

Anything to get their name in the paper.

theyve the number 1 album at the minute. They hardly need to use the Stones to get attention
5th September 2006 12:10 PM
jb Kasabian rules!!! WTF did Mick say to them?
5th September 2006 01:40 PM
Honky Tonk Man I think it’s utterly laughable that these kinds of comments rile so many here! As Gazza rightly points out, it’s probably been taken out of context anyway. Kasabian are arrogant. It’s part of their image. Just like it was for the Stones 40 years ago. As much as I love the Stones, I’m sorry, but THEY ARE granddads!
5th September 2006 01:42 PM
jb
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
I think it’s utterly laughable that these kinds of comments rile so many here! As Gazza rightly points out, it’s probably been taken out of context anyway. Kasabian are arrogant. It’s part of their image. Just like it was for the Stones 40 years ago. As much as I love the Stones, I’m sorry, but THEY ARE granddads!

Kasabian must be dropped immediately from set list!!!
5th September 2006 01:55 PM
LSTNT I'm sure if this was to be the end of The Stones, Kasabian would be the first one notified.(LOL) These guys will be cleaning out the latrines after the Stones 2009 Tour.

Long Live The Stones
[Edited by LSTNT]
5th September 2006 01:58 PM
jb
quote:
LSTNT wrote:
I'm sure if this was to be the end of The Stones, Kasabian would be the first one notified.(LOL) These guys will be cleaning out the latrines after the Stones 2009 Tour.

Long Live The Stones
[Edited by LSTNT]

sTONES HAVEONLY SOLD A TOTAL OF 1.8 MILLION COPIES OF ABB!!!!
5th September 2006 02:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
jb wrote:

how bout Rarities? has that gone Platinum yet?
5th September 2006 02:18 PM
jb
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

No.....211k in worldwide sales.
5th September 2006 02:19 PM
Gazza
quote:
voodoopug wrote:

I would daresay it has barely even gone Plastic
5th September 2006 02:53 PM
LSTNT
quote:
jb wrote:

As a fellow Stones addict I know you are quite aware that the Stones derive the majority of their income on the road, they never were very good about selling new product.
5th September 2006 02:55 PM
jb
quote:
LSTNT wrote:

As a fellow Stones addict I know you are quite aware that the Stones derive the majority of their income on the road, they never were very good about selling new product.

True, but still humiliating.
5th September 2006 02:58 PM
LSTNT I'm going to as many shows as possible, and I think alot of folks will be going for free to fill up the stadiums. Although like you I am very dissapointed in the lack of interest in the shows, the one constant has always been a very powerful show, the boys have never let me down and I think when all is said and done- this will be a fun Fall Tour.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)