ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I Hate RS.Com Return to archive
4th September 2006 01:13 PM
purrcafe Anyone here fall victim to getting billed to renew a membership that you had already cancelled online as per rs.com directions? I got my credit card bill this weekend and found a very unwelcome one hundred dollar charge to the fan club.
4th September 2006 01:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I have not seen my credit card boll yet but on Saturday I received this e-mail

Greetings,

Thank you! Your RollingStones.com membership has automatically renewed.

Username: gerardo
RollingStones.com Membership: Virtual Ticket Account
Next Renewal Date: 09/02/07

RollingStones.com Billing Department

www.RollingStones.com
If you have any questions, please visit http://www.RollingStones.com/help

But never received a message asking if I want it, of course not I have many memberships.

The solution is simple I'm going to deny the charge and the bank will refund me, also I'm going to complain to the url above.
4th September 2006 01:34 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl In addition I only received one platinum DVD and one poster. Have they no shame?
4th September 2006 03:45 PM
Stray Cat UK I've also received the email from the bastards.

I've sent them one back,but have heard nothing yet.

I asked why they couldn't prewarn us as it's been less than 10 months since I got my platinum membership AND they seem to have no problem bombarding us with advertising emails almost daily !

BASTARDS! I will probably spontaniously combust when I get my credit card statement.

sc uk
4th September 2006 03:52 PM
MrPleasant This is terrible. But isn't there some warning when you join them, a small print, or something? These corporations are like the devil.
4th September 2006 06:03 PM
purrcafe Yeah, just wanted to warn everyone to check your credit card statements carefully. I wonder if any of these fan clubs actually follow through and provide any value for the cash we're handing over? Even though it wasn't a fan club thing, the Cream pre-sale last year was a seamless, successful, and trouble-free event that seemed to provide everyone who participated with tickets (and no additional rip-off fan club fee).
4th September 2006 06:41 PM
F505 I call this: crocodile tears. You all have been warned over and over not to get a membership so don't complain now when these swindlers have plucked you. Very naive indeed.
4th September 2006 07:58 PM
purrcafe Really? I call it a friendly heads up to others who might have been glad to pay the membership fee at one time, but who don't want to get charged for something they no longer desire.
4th September 2006 08:26 PM
Scottfree I never gave them my credit card #, and never paid to join the site. When I bought a ticket to a show there was a code to get access to rs.com. How the hell would they bill me if they never had my cc #? If somehow ticketmaster gave them my #, isn't this collusion or something of the sort?
[Edited by Scottfree]
4th September 2006 08:34 PM
Scottfree
quote:
Scottfree wrote:
I never gave them my credit card #, and never paid to join the site. When I bought a ticket to a show there was a code to get access to rs.com. How the hell would they bill me if they never had my cc #? If somehow ticketmaster gave them my #, isn't this collusion or something of the sort?
[Edited by Scottfree]

I just checked my CC online and haven't been billed by RS.com, so before everyone goes ape shit, you may want to check....
4th September 2006 09:37 PM
Soldatti I received the same mail the other day, thanks for asking RS.com!!!
4th September 2006 09:54 PM
glencar I haven't been automatically renewed...
5th September 2006 12:32 AM
Sir Stonesalot I've never given those scumbags at RS.com a nickel, and i never will.

I refuse to even use the "free" membership that I get with a purchased ticket.

I hate RS.com and refuse to have my name associated with them in any way.

If I want to go to a show, I'll get tickets to that show. I do not need RS.com's bullshit codes to get tickets.

5th September 2006 03:16 AM
FotiniD Same case as Scotfree for me. Got a subscription for free due to the ticket and it's been renewed for free as well. Never gave them my credit card.
5th September 2006 03:34 AM
Poplar
we did not need another incident like this.
glad I never gave that site any $.
5th September 2006 05:00 AM
Gazza
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
I have not seen my credit card boll yet but on Saturday I received this e-mail

Greetings,

Thank you! Your RollingStones.com membership has automatically renewed.

Username: gerardo
RollingStones.com Membership: Virtual Ticket Account
Next Renewal Date: 09/02/07

RollingStones.com Billing Department

www.RollingStones.com
If you have any questions, please visit http://www.RollingStones.com/help

But never received a message asking if I want it, of course not I have many memberships.

The solution is simple I'm going to deny the charge and the bank will refund me, also I'm going to complain to the url above.

I posted a warning about this months ago. There didnt seem to be an 'automatical renewal' option when you took out a membership, but it appears they added an "auto renewal" default (without telling you)at a later date - you have to go into your account and change the option to 'no'

Like scuk says, they're happy to bombard with you with crap on a daily basis, but letting you know about this new option seems to slip their minds.
5th September 2006 05:38 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Gazza wrote:

I posted a warning about this months ago. There didnt seem to be an 'automatical renewal' option when you took out a membership, but it appears they added an "auto renewal" default (without telling you)at a later date - you have to go into your account and change the option to 'no'

Like scuk says, they're happy to bombard with you with crap on a daily basis, but letting you know about this new option seems to slip their minds.

Yes, but why do they renew my account since I'm not paying them anything?
5th September 2006 05:54 AM
Gazza if thats the case, no harm done I guess....I suppose as its a "free" account and youre a ticketmaster customer, they want to keep you on their books "just in case" you'll buy a presale for future shows

I didnt renew my membership after the Licks tour (when I bought presales) , simply because I didnt see the point in paying $100 for a presale "if they announced shows". Didnt stop them sending me e-mails afterwards however.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)