|3rd September 2006 10:17 PM
Everybody who's ever seen the World's Greatest Rock 'n' Roll Band performlive has a story about the Rolling Stones.
Among other anecdotes, Eagle readers told us about hitchhiking halfway across the state to hear the Stones, getting a chance to shake Keith's hand, and catching a ride on the band's tour jet. One superfan recalled hitchhiking 12 hours from El Paso to Dallas in the summer of 1975 to see the Stones play the Cotton Bowl. She wore her contact lenses too long and ended up in the emergency room with patches over her eyes.
"I wore my concert T-shirt till it dissolved," she said, and she still has her ticket stub.
Now it's your turn.
Answer The Eagle's Rolling Stones Trivia Contest questions correctly and you could have a Stones adventure of your own, complete with fabulous seats, an overnight hotel stay and more. Just promise us you'll dish the details when the night is over.
A pair of 12th-row floor seats for the concert, dinner for two at Kwan Court, overnight hotel accommodations for two at the Inn at Tallgrass and transportation for the evening. The package also includes breakfast at the Inn the next morning.
How to enter
Complete the online form at the bottom of this page.
Or mail the completed ballot to:
Rolling Stones Contest/Newsroom
The Wichita Eagle
P.O. Box 820
Wichita, KS 67201
All mailed ballots must be postmarked by Sept. 15. All online responses must be received by midnight Sept. 17.
Employees of The Wichita Eagle or their family members are ineligible for the contest.
Winners will be notified by phone, so all entries must include a daytime phone number. Please include your name and address, too.
In the event of a tie, the winner will be drawn at random from the ballots with the most correct answers.
Participants in The Eagle's Rolling Stones contest agree to be interviewed and photographed if they are selected as the winner. Participants who are not Eagle subscribers may receive an introductory subscription offer.
One entry per person, please. Additional entries will be disqualified.
Rolling Stones contest questions
1. Where did Mick and Keith first meet?
2. Who reportedly said this to Mick, after seeing the Stones perform in Washington, D.C.: "There are only two people who could dance the way you danced tonight. That's you and me."
3. What Southwest London venue was home to many early Stones gigs?
4. In January 1970, what band released a version of "Wild Horses" on its album, with Keith's blessing, before the Stones had released the track themselves?
5. How many Grammys have the Rolling Stones won?
6. What was the first non-Stones record to be released on the Rolling Stones Records label?
7. Name three opening acts for the current leg of the Stones' "A Bigger Bang" tour.
8. What off-color prop appeared as part of the Stones' 1975 American tour?
9. At her 1977 birthday party at New York's famed Studio 54, how did Bianca Jagger make her entrance?
10. What type of artists did Keith say this about: "They don't have the stamina to be real Rock Stars"?
11. Name one solo album by each Stones member: Mick Jagger, Keith Richards, Ron Wood, Charlie Watts, Bill Wyman.
12. In 1981 the Stones launched the first rock tour ever backed by a corporate sponsor. What company supported the tour?
13. Keith said this about what musical pioneer: "I lifted every lick he ever played"?
14. Why did British Parliament pressure the BBC to ban the Stones' single "Highwire" from radio airplay?
15. Who was "the sixth Stone"?
16. Which band members failed to attend the Stones' 1989 induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
17. What caused the cancellation of three UK Stones gigs in 1990, the first time the band canceled a concert due to injury?
18. Mick Jagger celebrated his birthday July 26. How old is he?
19. What's the name of Bill Wyman's London restaurant?
20. The Stones' performance in Wichita was moved from Oct. 2 to Oct. 1 to make room for a second show in what city?
|3rd September 2006 10:29 PM
||Easy, I only don't know the answer for question 2 but probably with some research
Apparently the trivia is valid worldwide and so the prizes!