ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Stones to play a Wedding ? Return to archive
3rd September 2006 01:18 PM
Rolling1 This is in todays st louis post dispatch......

Party Like a Rock Star: Whitney Kroenke, Wal-Mart heiress and daughter of Stan and Ann Kroenke is set to wed former Warsaw, Mo. football star Ben Burditt in Columbia Mo on Sept 23. The wedding will be six days shy of Whitney's 29th birthday. Word around Mizzou-town is the Stan is bringing in the Rolling Stones to play at the wedding and is trying to get a helicopter pad built on the property surrounding his sprawling house so he can chopper the rockers over from the columbia airport.

Money is no problem to the kroenke's but given the fact the stones are playing halifax that day might be -- unless they have them play the day before on 9/22 :hat
3rd September 2006 01:33 PM
Gazza well they wont do a show two days in a row, but as far as playing private shows for billionaires - wouldnt be the first time theyve done it and I'm sure there'll be more of these in the future. Easy money and they can just play 15 of their best known hits and no one there will care.

The cynic in me says that I wouldnt put it past them to reschedule Halifax if the private show makes more money for them!
3rd September 2006 03:14 PM
MrPleasant Will the Stones play at the mall?
3rd September 2006 05:09 PM
Jair
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Will the Stones play at the mall?

What mall?
3rd September 2006 05:14 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Jair wrote:

What mall?

I really liked these movies:

Hudson Hawk
Earth Girls Are Easy
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes!
3rd September 2006 05:19 PM
MrPleasant Shit, I forgot Saving Silverman and the Mr. Bean movie!
3rd September 2006 05:32 PM
Jumacfly I was at a wedding yesterday.

The husband didn t want to pay the delicatesen guy becuz service was not at the top and becuz they cleaned the tables with many champagne glasses...
it became very hot and the boss decided to block the road from the mansion to the town..
He said the couple has signed a contract which mentionned that he had to be paid just after the marriage.
Which was wrong of course.
finally the police came and told the guy to leave the house.
we had to wait for 3 years because of this bastard..

well, ok, back to the topic, the Stones weren t there yesterday night
3rd September 2006 05:48 PM
Jair
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:

I really liked these movies:

Hudson Hawk
Earth Girls Are Easy
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
Attack Of The Killer Tomatoes!

Lately, any movie with this chinese beauty named Shu Qi, is a must have to me.
Fucking tired of American movies. Always the same shit.

I am choosing the films for the cast. There is not a hot ass? No thanks!!!

5th September 2006 08:20 AM
glencar
quote:
Jair wrote:

Fucking tired of American movies. Always the same shit.

I agree!
5th September 2006 09:21 AM
corgi37 I hope they dont. I hate the idea of them doing this shit. Its very...Elton John-ish.
5th September 2006 10:27 AM
jb Will this be included in gross? If we can get 10 million for a 1hr 15 min show, and include in gross, I say go for it. The sales in Boston, NY/NJ, Chicago(really looking bad), Witchita,
both Texas shows, Arizona, LA, etc are very flat...this is the equivalent of almost 2 sold out stadium shows!!

(Halifax O.K., but not great).
[Edited by jb]
5th September 2006 10:54 AM
Gazza
quote:
jb wrote:
Will this be included in gross?

If its a private show, I dont think so
5th September 2006 10:59 AM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

If its a private show, I dont think so

maybe?
5th September 2006 11:09 AM
Joey
quote:
Rolling1 wrote:
This is in todays st louis post dispatch......

Party Like a Rock Star: Whitney Kroenke, Wal-Mart heiress and daughter of Stan and Ann Kroenke is set to wed former Warsaw, Mo. football star Ben Burditt in Columbia Mo on Sept 23. The wedding will be six days shy of Whitney's 29th birthday. Word around Mizzou-town is the Stan is bringing in the Rolling Stones to play at the wedding and is trying to get a helicopter pad built on the property surrounding his sprawling house so he can chopper the rockers over from the columbia airport.

Money is no problem to the kroenke's but given the fact the stones are playing halifax that day might be -- unless they have them play the day before on 9/22 :hat

This might be necessary to win gross .

5th September 2006 11:11 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:

(Halifax O.K., but not great).

Funny !
5th September 2006 03:44 PM
F505
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I hope they dont. I hate the idea of them doing this shit. Its very...Elton John-ish.

Maybe the Kroenke's can make up their desired setlist. No warhorses!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)