ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Brian May Threatens To Beat Up Myspace Bloggers Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st September 2006 03:48 AM
RollingstonesUSA QUEEN Guitarist Threatens To Beat Up MySpace Bloggers - Aug. 31, 2006
World Entertainment News Network reports that QUEEN guitarist Brian May has threatened three bogus bloggers on MySpace with violence if they continue to impersonate him. The veteran musician, whose official web site is BrianMay.com, has also demanded the Brian May chatroom on the popular web site be closed down to prevent fans from being hoaxed.

"Right now I'm feeling more and more powerless, and depressed about the way the Internet is going," May posted on his real web site last Thursday. "It seems nothing is protectable anymore. The Internet seems to have made it easy for any git to pretend he is someone else.

"There are now three bogus MySpace 'blogs' pretending to be written by me...and I'm a peaceful person, but, frankly, I feel like going over there and applying a fist or two," he wrote.

"Just so you know, folks, once and for all, there IS NO Brian May page on MYSPACE...NOR WILL THERE EVER BE ONE...I am completely disgusted that the organizers of this site exert no sense of responsibility to check that people are who they say they are."
1st September 2006 04:08 AM
Jumacfly poor Brian.
Life is a bitch!
1st September 2006 04:22 AM
FotiniD Brian May was my hero during all my teenage years. But lately he's been giving me more and more "WTF?" moments.
1st September 2006 05:52 AM
Gazza I wonder if Michael Cohl will react the same way to HIS 'site'...

Unless its genuine, of course....
1st September 2006 06:11 AM
Nellcote Could this be the new Celebrity Death Match?
Speaking of all things Queen...

Muslim Group Offended by Mercury Party
Thursday, August 31, 2006
By ALI SULTAN, Associated Press Writer
ZANZIBAR, Tanzania — A huge beach party to honor late Queen frontman Freddie Mercury must be stopped because the Zanzibar-born rock star was gay, a Muslim leader said Thursday.

Mercury, who died of AIDS in 1991, violated Islam with his flamboyant lifestyle, said Azan Khalid of Zanzibar's Association for Islamic Mobilization and Propagation.

"That's why he was branded a Queen,"Khalid said, adding that anything linking Mercury with Zanzibar's Muslim population would be offensive.

He said that a waterfront restaurant's plans for a Sept. 2 party honoring Mercury's birthday would be stopped.

Mercury restaurant, which was named for the singer, will go ahead the party, manager Simai Mohammed said.

Mercury, who acknowledged being gay, was born in Zanzibar when the country was still a British protectorate. He was educated in India and moved with his family to Britain in 1964, after a bloody revolution that drove out many immigrants of Indian or Arab descent.

"Our main idea is to promote tourism and Freddie Mercury was from Zanzibar. It's part of our history,"Mohammed said."We are all Muslims and it's not our intention to offend any religion."

Last year some 500,000 tourists traveled to Zanzibar, bringing vital foreign currency to the Indian Ocean island. This semiautonomous part of Tanzania is mostly Muslim.

Zanzibar's government sent a letter asking state-owned media not to report on Mercury's birthday because of the tension between the religious group and the restaurant. The group's aim is for Zanzibar to be ruled based on the Muslim holy book, the Quran. Last year, the group broke up a gay man's birthday party in Zanzibar's Pemba island.

Mercury gained fame as the bravura singer for Queen, whose elaborate and occasionally bombastic songs made the group one of the favorites of the 1970s. The group's hits included"Bohemian Rhapsody,""We Are The Champions"and"Crazy Little Thing Called Love."

1st September 2006 07:25 AM
corgi37 The thought of Brian May beating anyone up is the funniest thing i have heard all day.

"Take that, you nasty, nasty boy!"

P.S. Imagine arms flailing and a old man with dyed, permed hair with a posh accent. Trust me, its a funny thought.
1st September 2006 01:56 PM
killerbitch There is supposed to be one for Keith Richards and Anita Pallenberg on MySpace.com, but they are probably doing the same as Brian May, false
representation.
1st September 2006 02:46 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The thought of Brian May beating anyone up is the funniest thing i have heard all day.

P.S. Imagine arms flailing and a old man with dyed, permed hair with a posh accent. Trust me, its a funny thought.

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!
1st September 2006 02:54 PM
Egbert
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
The thought of Brian May beating anyone up is the funniest thing i have heard all day.

Cat fight!
1st September 2006 03:56 PM
The Wick Brian May would have a hard time beating up John Deacon, let alone three random guys.
1st September 2006 06:04 PM
Wayneowl Everyone on the board should do one!
1st September 2006 06:13 PM
Hannalee
quote:
corgi37 wrote:

Bri doesn't have a posh voice, though I suppose an Australian might consider it so. Nor a perm; nor a bus pass...

But it is funny to think of him giving some artful blogger a Glasgow kiss...
1st September 2006 07:06 PM
Sir Stonesalot I happen to have Michael Cohl as a MySpace "friend". Keith and Anita too. Both the Keith and Anita pages state that they are fan pages. As if we couldn't have figured that out on our own.

I also have Son House and Memphis Minnie as "friends". Think those are "real" pages? LOL!
1st September 2006 07:36 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I happen to have Michael Cohl as a MySpace "friend". Keith and Anita too. Both the Keith and Anita pages state that they are fan pages. As if we couldn't have figured that out on our own.

I also have Son House and Memphis Minnie as "friends". Think those are "real" pages? LOL!

Tom is my only friend...
1st September 2006 07:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Liar!

I know you are lying because I just saw your mohawk on my friends list about 20 minutes ago.

Hey, last week, I had no less that 6 Playboy chicks hit me with add requests...what up with that? I mean, I know that they are all really 45 year old fat guys, but doesn't that seem odd?
1st September 2006 08:04 PM
Fiji Joe Oh jesus!...I have a myspace page and Tom IS my only friend...why do I have a myspace page?
1st September 2006 09:23 PM
Sir Stonesalot I don't know why YOU have a MySpace page. I have one because it's a cool way to check out bands, and hear and see their stuff for free.

DBT has a great MySpace page.
1st September 2006 09:54 PM
pdog
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I don't know why YOU have a MySpace page. I have one because it's a cool way to check out bands, and hear and see their stuff for free.

DBT has a great MySpace page.

Whenever I'm on Myspace, I always ended up looking at pics of girls.
2nd September 2006 03:37 AM
egon Queen was great

Then they were a little less great

Then Freddie died

Then they it turned to absolute crap, see:
- touring without roger taylor but with paul rodgers
- made in heaven 4
- ultimate greatest hits (special edition) 14
- Queen & boyband five doing "we will rock you"

2nd September 2006 05:42 AM
F505
quote:
egon wrote:
Queen was great

Then they were a little less great

Then Freddie died

Then they it turned to absolute crap, see:
- touring without roger taylor but with paul rodgers
- made in heaven 4
- ultimate greatest hits (special edition) 14
- Queen & boyband five doing "we will rock you"

Queen was and still is bombastic trash. It has nothing to do with rock 'n roll. Their singer was a narcissistic imitation of Adolf Hitler. People who like Queen are mostly fond of Dirty Work. Says it all.
2nd September 2006 07:53 AM
corgi37 I dont think i like you, Hannalee.

He DOES have a posh voice. Like Dave Gilmour. Maybe like Jagger's "real" voice too.

I aint a colonial!

I feel offened. Slighted. Are you Hemisphere-phobic?
2nd September 2006 12:59 PM
MrPleasant Queen is the dumbest name for a rock band. Ever.
2nd September 2006 06:48 PM
Hannalee
quote:
corgi37 wrote:
I dont think i like you, Hannalee.

He DOES have a posh voice. Like Dave Gilmour. Maybe like Jagger's "real" voice too.

I aint a colonial!

I feel offened. Slighted. Are you Hemisphere-phobic?

Don't like corgis - yappy, snappy little brutes. Can't you turn into a rottweiler or something else of a reasonable size?

You've just proved my point that you don't know your accent from your elbow; Dave Gilmour is posh(ish) but you're confusing that with the merely well-spoken, like Brian. Not necessarily the same thing at all.

I was avoiding the "C" word.

2nd September 2006 06:56 PM
Hannalee
quote:
MrPleasant wrote:
Queen is the dumbest name for a rock band. Ever.

Kiss springs instantly to mind.
2nd September 2006 10:10 PM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
"Right now I'm feeling more and more powerless, and depressed about the way the Internet is going," May posted on his real web site last Thursday. "It seems nothing is protectable anymore. The Internet seems to have made it easy for any git to pretend he is someone else.

Bulllshit
2nd September 2006 10:14 PM
MrPleasant
quote:
Hannalee wrote:

Kiss springs instantly to mind.

Poison?

Poisson?

3rd September 2006 12:55 AM
Farrokh Bulsara Yes. But at the end of the day dahlings, you must ask your precious selves... At age 16 did I build an electric guitar out of a mahogany fireplace? Did I fashion the assembly from a knife and motorbike valve springs? Did I wire my own pick-ups?

And you must ask yourselves, luvies... Can I play it so incredibly well with a sixpence coin? ...Am I a guitar virtuoso who's earned BSc Honors in Physic and Maths? ... Doctorate work in astronomy?

I didn't think so luvies! So don't slag my guitarist you ponces!!!!

I know Brian Harold May; Brian Harold May was a friend of mine and still is a bloody great guitarist. You're NO Brian Harold May!

See you for the pahhhhty in ZANZIBAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAR!!!!

[Edited by Farrokh Bulsara]
3rd September 2006 12:57 AM
BONOISLOVE
quote:
Farrokh Bulsara wrote:
Yes. But at the end of the day dahlings, you must ask your precious selves... at age 16 did I build an electric guitar out of a mahogany fireplace? Did I fashion the assembly from a knife and motorbike valve springs? Did I wire my own pick-ups?

And you must ask yourselves, luvies... can I play it so incredibly well with a sixpence coin? ...am I a guitar virtuoso whose earned BSc Honors in Physic and Maths? ... Doctorate work in astronomy?

I know Brian Harold May; Brian Harold May was a friend of mine and still is a bloody great guitarist. You're NO Brian Harold May!

I'd rather be myself, thank you. Wanna have a daiquiri?
3rd September 2006 01:50 AM
not bound to please
quote:
Farrokh Bulsara wrote:
Yes. But at the end of the day dahlings, you must ask your precious selves... At age 16 did I build an electric guitar out of a mahogany fireplace? Did I fashion the assembly from a knife and motorbike valve springs? Did I wire my own pick-ups?

And you must ask yourselves, luvies... Can I play it so incredibly well with a sixpence coin? ...Am I a guitar virtuoso who's earned BSc Honors in Physic and Maths? ... Doctorate work in astronomy?

[Edited by Farrokh Bulsara]

But you never got your teeth fixed.

3rd September 2006 02:20 AM
Farrokh Bulsara not bound to please wrote:
quote:
But you never got your teeth fixed.

Girl! Didn't your Momma tell you that overbites are made for men who can chew all that they bite off?
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)