ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 'Sgt. Pepper' voted Britain's favourite number one album Return to archive Page: 1 2
1st September 2006 10:34 AM
Joey
quote:
aladdinstory wrote:

yeah that's not too bad, a bit lightweight, probably would've fit in better on a pete solo album. face dances really shows the who identity crisis pete was grappling with during that time. hell, empty glass sounds more like a who album than face dances. plus he recorded chinese eyes and then it's hard in quick succession, honestly he really didn't have enough quality material at the time to record four albums in 2.5 yrs (2 solo/2 who) and unfortunately it was the who that suffered because of this. i even think that the who tried to record material following the '82 tour, little surprise it didn't go so well. five albums in three years would've been absurd. pete did bounce back with the exemplary White City however. i think that would've made an interesting who project, sort of Quadrophenia's epilogue.

Outstanding Analysis ........

Well Stated !!! ... Four Albums in a few short years is just waaaaay too much .

aladdinstory ..... you are RAPIDLY becoming one of my favorite posters around here .... I have got my eye on you today .

Kins .
4th September 2006 04:24 PM
Kilroy Hi, The greatest POP Abum, Changed alot of stuff for alot of people. Not my favorite, by The Beatles my favorite is THe White Album, or Their Second Album.
These Days I don't listen to them 1/2 as much as before. Dylan got a new album and so do the Stones. I'm more interested in them now than The Beatles. I never thought I have to say it but George and John are dead. And For that matter so are the Beatles.
4th September 2006 05:20 PM
TooTough The most overrated album ever.
4th September 2006 06:52 PM
Joey
quote:
TooTough wrote:
The most overrated album ever.

I would like to clutch you to my bosom and softly and gently and sweetly stroke your young , sweaty , TooTough forehead and just say ...... well ... , " Thanks " for being ..... well .... YOU'S !

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)