ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

The European leg is over - thanks a lot!
© Wenn Photos with special thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Twickenham Rugby Ground, London 22nd August - Setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
22nd August 2006 05:07 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

please clarify. I am in a state of panic!

I just soiled myself .
22nd August 2006 05:10 PM
luxury1 I always thought Mick was kinda shouting the lyrics to "oh No". I, for one, am not sorry to see that one go by the wayside....
22nd August 2006 05:27 PM
Saint Sway 19 songs. No Rambler? How long was this show?
22nd August 2006 05:34 PM
luxury1 OK--that's it. Just play clubs, boys, please. Shorter "tours", long stints in the bigger cities. It's time. And your fan base will follow--just watch us......
22nd August 2006 05:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
OK--that's it. Just play clubs, boys, please. Shorter "tours", long stints in the bigger cities. It's time. And your fan base will follow--just watch us......

agreed!
22nd August 2006 06:28 PM
ohnonotyouagain Well, that was different. Nice to see some changes going on. Usually there are only four songs that don't get played night in and night out, tonight there were six: She's So Cold, Let's Spend The Night Together, Live With Me, Bitch, Paint It Black and Rain Fall Down. Hopefully Mick's voice will be fully recovered soon and they can go back up to 20 songs from 19.

Rain Fall Down instead of Streets Of Love is a definite improvement. I don't so much mind that they left out Oh No Not You Again, but I wish they'd replaced it with another A Bigger Bang song instead of an oldie. From 5 ABB songs on the second date of the European tour to only two tonight. Sigh.

Still, it's great to see the variety increasing, even at the expense of a song from the new album. Even moving something they play every night like YCAGWYW to a different spot in the setlist is a positive development. Overall this is a very good setlist.
22nd August 2006 09:31 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
dirtyden wrote:
sticky please!!!!!!!!!!

LOL never's too late... I was in the plant with one of our main customers
22nd August 2006 09:38 PM
LadyJane Refreshing changes!!! Wow!!!

Just proves they CAN do it....so DO it more often.

Can't wait to read the RO'ers reviews.

LJ.
22nd August 2006 09:40 PM
pdog
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
OK--that's it. Just play clubs, boys, please. Shorter "tours", long stints in the bigger cities. It's time. And your fan base will follow--just watch us......

True!
22nd August 2006 10:40 PM
Madafaka I really need this boot!
22nd August 2006 11:11 PM
Soldatti Some good changes, Night Time kicked out, it was fu**ing time.
23rd August 2006 12:13 AM
pdog
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Some good changes, Night Time kicked out, it was fu**ing time.

And SOL...
When will Monkey Man debut...?
23rd August 2006 12:36 AM
Strange_Stray_Cat 19 songs. I rest my case.
23rd August 2006 02:37 AM
FotiniD
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
19 songs. I rest my case.

I don't mind if it's 19 songs, when they include Live With Me, Rain Fall Down and Bitch in one night!
23rd August 2006 04:58 AM
UGot2Rollme Set list commments:

on plus side: interesting to add 2 classic uptempo numbers Live with Me and Bitch and dump slower SOL and Night time - probably due to Mick's voice issues as Pdog mentioned

on downside:
19 tunes (again) - hope it's not a trend that continues
kind of lame of Keith to play the same 2 songs at the same venue
23rd August 2006 10:29 AM
Saint Sway
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:

LOL never's too late... I was in the plant with one of our main customers

TRANSLATION: My flight back from Bogata, Columbia was delayed because there was a dispute with Manuel about the amount of kilo's that he promised to deliver. Guns were drawn. Threats exchanged. But all is fine now. Business as usual.
23rd August 2006 10:30 AM
luxury1 Darryl J. has posted a very positive comment concerning this show, on his website. Seems there was a bit of "magic" last evening. Sometimes when the band pushes the envelope, good things can happen....
[Edited by luxury1]
23rd August 2006 11:22 AM
jb Gazza, was this show also near caPACITY CONTRARY TO THE TABLOID REPORTS OF LAST WEEK?
23rd August 2006 12:32 PM
Soldatti
quote:
UGot2Rollme wrote:
on downside:
19 tunes (again) - hope it's not a trend that continues
kind of lame of Keith to play the same 2 songs at the same venue

They played 19 songs during all the European Licks Tour. I bet they will play 18 songs in the US fall tour. The usual "dream setlist" with 22-23 songs are impossible and ridiculous.
23rd August 2006 12:37 PM
jb 19 songs is an insult to fans who have paid hundreds, even 1k's for tickets....I love the Stones , but they are really coasting....to say these changes were significant is folly imo...they have failed to really mix it up, and they better do something special or NA is really looking bad....Imagine, many people here, 100% die-hards who would do anything to see this band, are having mixed feelings about this tour..NO wonder why most venues are still very flat.
23rd August 2006 12:40 PM
paddy £200 plus for two seats nowhere near the stage-fucking scandalous...........great show though !
23rd August 2006 01:47 PM
speedfreakjive
quote:
pdog wrote:

And SOL...
When will Monkey Man debut...?

I second that! It was awesome on Four Flicks
23rd August 2006 02:41 PM
Gazza
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
is gazza or dirtyden fucking with us??

I dont send bogus setlists and nobody posts them either
23rd August 2006 02:42 PM
Gazza
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Gazza called. tonites show was cancelled

youre an ass. Do NOT post this kind of false info here
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd August 2006 02:43 PM
Gazza
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

No they won't. But this setlist is just crazy.

If I have the time, I will be calling Mr. Gazza.

Dont even think about it! Its bad enough being texted in the middle of a show I'm trying to enjoy saying you cant see a setlist on the board thats already there without having to get phone calls as well!!
23rd August 2006 02:48 PM
jb attendance please?
23rd August 2006 02:49 PM
Gazza
quote:
PiotrRS wrote:
StrangeStrayCat

I can't wait what Gazza will say about the show
BTW, if you have a chance please ask him what did he mean by "glasgow show might be in danger" - thank you!

Both London shows were touch and go. Mick was only given the OK on Saturday lunchtime to perform on Sunday. With Sundays show being shortened, and YCAGWYW being dropped (although Ive now been told this was due to the curfew as opposed to voice problems, although Im not convinced) naturally there were fears about Tuesday's show.

I was told yesterday morning that there was a risk to "tonights show (Twickenham #2) or Glasgow" due to Mick's voice.

Mick sounded fine last night but I think the setlist indicates that some songs may have been omitted due to his throat problems. No Streets of Love, no ballads (usually there are 2), YCAGWYW played early (maybe because they didnt think he could do it an hour later if he was struggling?) and one encore yet again even though they were within the 10.30 curfew.
23rd August 2006 02:51 PM
jb
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Both London shows were touch and go. Mick was only given the OK on Saturday lunchtime to perform on Sunday. With Sundays show being shortened, and YCAGWYW being dropped (although Ive now been told this was due to the curfew as opposed to voice problems, although Im not convinced) naturally there were fears about Tuesday's show.

I was told yesterday morning that there was a risk to "tonights show (Twickenham #2) or Glasgow" due to Mick's voice.

Mick sounded fine last night but I think the setlist indicates that some songs may have been omitted due to his throat problems. No Streets of Love, no ballads (usually there are 2), YCAGWYW played early (maybe because they didnt think he could do it an hour later if he was struggling?) and one encore yet again even though they were within the 10.30 curfew.

attendance please? Was is also essentially sold out contrary to earlier reports?
23rd August 2006 02:55 PM
Gazza It looked every bit as filled as Sunday was. In reality I doubt it was QUITE as full as obviously a second show on a weekday would have less demand, but I didnt see any spaces worthy of comment
23rd August 2006 03:00 PM
Fiji Joe
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It looked every bit as filled as Sunday was. In reality I doubt it was QUITE as full as obviously a second show on a weekday would have less demand, but I didnt see any spaces worthy of comment

I can't imagine why any show in England would not sell out...regardless of the day of the week...this is odd to me..are ticket prices that high?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)