ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Tryin' To Mess My Mind: Two Nights of Garage Mayhem & The Rocket Fueled R&B That Birth (NSC) Return to archive
August 29th, 2004 01:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Several former members of the Bo Diddley and Howlin' Wolf bands of the 1950s and 1960s will be performing together on-stage for the first time in more than 40 years at a 2-day festival to be held at the Mid-City Lanes Rock 'n' Bowl in New Orleans, LA on Friday and Saturday October 1st/2nd.

Titled "Tryin' To Mess My Mind: Two Nights of Garage Mayhem & The Rocket Fueled R&B That Birthed It", artists on the festival bill include ? (Question Mark) & The Mysterians and Sky Saxon & The Seeds on the Friday evening's garage/punk rock show and Billy Boy Arnold (harmonica), Henry Gray (keyboards), Clifton James (drums), Lady Bo (electric guitar), Hubert Sumlin (electric guitar) and Jody Williams (electric guitar) on the Saturday evening's rhythm & blues program.

Mid-City Lanes Rock 'n' Bowl website: http://www.rocknbowl.com/

Thanks David!

August 29th, 2004 02:32 PM
PolkSalad Didn't Hubert just have a heart attack? Jody played at Legends last night but I didn't go.
August 29th, 2004 03:51 PM
FPM C10
quote:
PolkSalad wrote:
Didn't Hubert just have a heart attack?

Yes, Hubert suffered a heart attack and was in a semi-coma just a few weeks ago. The fact that he sat up and spoke a little the next day was deemed "miraculous". I somehow can't believe that his recovery was miraculous enough to allow him to play a gig that soon after - but who knows?

My guess is that this press release was written before, or without knowledge of, Hubert's heart attack.