ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: dancing in the streets video to be included in the live aid dvd Return to archive
August 26th, 2004 07:39 PM
moy

Live Aid DVD Details
The upcoming, much-anticipated Live Aid DVD will be a four-disc set containing all the performances held in London and Philadelphia.

However, the Led Zeppelin set will not be included, due to the surviving band members' contention that the quality of their performance was "sub-standard".

Video clips of Band Aid's Do They Know It's Christmas?, USA for Africa's We Are the World and David Bowie and Mick Jagger's Dancing in the Streets will also be included, along with additional concert footage from Holland and Sydney.

The DVD set is due out on November 1.

[Published: 26-Aug-2004]
August 26th, 2004 09:49 PM
mickmask Jagger and Bowie... classic!
Love that video!
Merry Xmas to me....
mm.
August 26th, 2004 10:00 PM
Soldatti Dancing In The Street
What was Mick thinking?!?!?!?
August 26th, 2004 11:17 PM
parmeda Would I be wrong in stating that most men hate this video and that most women love it?

Don't get me started with, "...it's so gay" shit, either, lol.
August 26th, 2004 11:42 PM
Soldatti
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Would I be wrong in stating that most men hate this video and that most women love it?

Maybe, but the video is so ugly and look at the clothes: some pre-dirty work cover style there.
August 26th, 2004 11:55 PM
The Eggman Ah yes, Dancing in the Street

whadda glorious time that was, wasnt it?

The video where Jagger was practically in Bowie's pants, and vice-versa

I thought they destroyed this video?
August 27th, 2004 04:11 AM
justforyou The original Dirty Work had a red transparent cover wrapping to offset the colors....if you recall!
August 27th, 2004 04:58 AM
F505 I never liked the Jagger duets with famous colleagues: Bowie, Jackson, Turner. I don't hope someone will get the unholy idea to release these duets.
August 27th, 2004 08:19 AM
egon So keef & dylan will also be included?

God help us all...
August 27th, 2004 08:23 AM
gimmekeef Yes, Keef and Bob...with poor Ronnie in tow...now that was surely a sub standard performance.Really the only time I can say that I was embarassed for Keith....
August 27th, 2004 08:26 AM
LadyJane
quote:
parmeda wrote:
Would I be wrong in stating that most men hate this video and that most women love it?

Don't get me started with, "...it's so gay" shit, either, lol.

As usual, I agree with Miss Parmeda 100%!!!

LJ.
August 27th, 2004 08:32 AM
egon Best band that day (wether you like them or not); Queen. Freddy was on fire!

Still have most of the concert on video 2000
(remeber that?)
August 27th, 2004 08:36 AM
LadyJane I agree egon!! As much as I hate to admit it, Queen was great. I also agree, as much as I hate to say it, that the Dylan/Richards/Wood fiasco was an embarrassment!

I can't wait to see this DVD!

LJ.
August 27th, 2004 08:41 AM
L&A Remember Duran Duran ? Simon Lebon loosing his voice "it's a vieeeew to a kill"... poor Simon, I'm sure he has still nightmares
August 27th, 2004 08:42 AM
egon phill collins doing both uk & usa.

it's all coming back now...
August 27th, 2004 08:53 AM
BILL PERKS QUEEN WAS KILLER-JAGGERS SET WAS OK..KEITH AT LEAST LOOKED COOL AS CAN BE..ALL IN ALL THE LONDON SHOW WAS BETTER THAN PHILLY.
August 27th, 2004 09:30 AM
F505 My recollections of Live Aid:

Queen was pompous as always, I really hate that band. Collins was a mockery. He ruined the set of Clapton with his woodchopping. Jagger was certainly not in shape and Keith and Ron were drunk.
So I will certainly not buy that DVD!
August 27th, 2004 09:36 AM
egon jagger was good!

Tina's skirt...
August 27th, 2004 12:02 PM
CS
quote:
L&A wrote:
Remember Duran Duran ? Simon Lebon loosing his voice "it's a vieeeew to a kill"... poor Simon, I'm sure he has still nightmares

Live Aid Broke Up Duran Duran (with video)
http://www.undercover.com.au/news/2004/aug04/20040825_duranduran.html

The historic Live-Aid DVD will be released for the first time ever on November 8. One band who played the gig but wasn't happy with their performance was Duran Duran.

Guitarist Andy Taylor tells Undercover News Live Aid broke up the band. "Probably, if we hadn't have done Live Aid we probably wouldn't have split up. We wouldn't have had to face up to each other at a point were we could have done without it. It is a big ironic fact but because we were on the road in America with Power Station so we had to blow out a few gigs at hefty costs. We weren't on the road with Duran so we had to rehearse. It was just a nightmare. We had done enough. Everyone had made an awful lot of money out of us and we needed a space. If we had of stayed away from each other at that period for 6 months clears things might have calmed down".

Roger Taylor says their Live Aid performance isn't their shining moment. "It wasn't a great moment for the band. I think everyone was in different spaces really. It was the first time we had done a show after John and Andy were in Power Station and I was in Arcadia and there was some disquiet within the band at that time".

Saying no to Bob Geldof was not an option according to Roger "It is a hard thing to say no to. We someone rings you up and says "it is for starving kids in Africa and we need the money" you can't say no. You have to do stuff like that. I'm glad we did it because we could not do it".

John Taylor isn't looking forward to seeing the performance again. "It was not a good night for us". Andy adds "Having said that, there were people who were a lot more fucked up than us. I remember having this conversation with Ronnie Wood about him having a go at it with Dylan and Keith. They were really, really rolling around. No-one was really tight. I think Woodstock had some great fucking bands like The Who and Hendrix, they were tight, they were playing but at Live-Aid it was a cobble".

In October Duran Duran will release 'Astronaut', their first album in 21 years with the original line-up.

They told Undercover they will tour Australia again in May 2005.

WATCH THE UNDERCOVER FOOTAGE WITH DURAN DURAN'S ANDY, ROGER AND JOHN TAYLOR

By Paul Cashmere

Photo Duran Duran in Melbourne August 24, 2004 by Ros O'Gorman

August 25, 2004