ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Woody 1987 album? Return to archive
August 26th, 2004 02:57 PM
piratekeef Hi there,

I just flipped thru some old music magazines (1987 editions)
And there was a "work in progress" report on a Ronny Wood album. The article names a collaboration with Bobby Womack & Woody. Now, I understand, this allegedly completed album was never released officially. Is there any acetate circulating?

piratekeef
August 26th, 2004 03:54 PM
erikjjf Some tracks available on the boot Cure For The Blues.
August 26th, 2004 09:48 PM
Soldatti Yes, this bootleg have some songs and I think that is the only one.
August 27th, 2004 03:22 AM
BillyBoll Anyone know if you can get Gimme Some Neck on CD, or on vinyl for that matter?

I used to have it on vinyl, but like so many records it disappeared!
August 27th, 2004 08:05 AM
Gazza I dont think its on CD..its certainly not on Amazon.co.uk anyway

I have it on LP but havent listened to it in ages. I also have it as a twin pack cassette with his next solo album "1-2-3-4".

I think Gimme Some Neck is Woody's best solo album. Recorded around the time of the Some Girls/ER sessions, it has that same great sound, plus lots of really good songs too. I really like "We All Get Old" and of course Dylan's "Seven Days" , which I saw Woody play with Bob at Hyde Park in '96.

A much underrated album. Nice artwork too!
August 27th, 2004 08:18 AM
BillyBoll My feelings exactly!!

Thats why I am so pissed off to have lost it.

Seven Days is immense on that and even more so on Slide on Live.

BTW Gazza, your Tokyo DVD will go in the post tomorrow or Tuesday depending on whether I make it to a PO in the morning!
August 27th, 2004 11:21 AM
Mathijs All Woody's albums are on CD, and can be easily purchased though ebay for example (only Now Look from 1975 is a bit harder to find, but it's out there). Gimme Some Neck and 1234 are even released on one disc.

Mathijs
August 27th, 2004 11:44 AM
BillyBoll Thanks for that Mathijs. Last time I looked I couldnt find Gimme... but I'll have another look.

[Edited by BillyBoll]
[Edited by BillyBoll]
August 27th, 2004 09:19 PM
Soldatti I have 2 Double CD's with the first 4 albums of Woddy. The first CD (Disk one) have "I've Got My Own Album..." and (Disk two) "Now Look".
The other two have "Gimme..." and "1234".

I got another 2 Double Cd's combo with:
Disk one: Wyman's Monkey Grip
Disk two: Wyamn's second album
Disk three: Taylor's solo album
Disk four: Wyman's third album

It's the only way to buy something not released officially here and bu the way was very cheap!
August 29th, 2004 12:22 AM
Kjell
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
Anyone know if you can get Gimme Some Neck on CD, or on vinyl for that matter?

I used to have it on vinyl, but like so many records it disappeared!

Gradings record first cover second

Ronnie Wood: LP Vinyl
BS 2819,I’ve got my own album to do,US,PS,(with Keith),(price written on innersleeve & inside of cover),1974,Vg+/Ex+,US$20
BS 2872,Now look,US,PS,(with Keith),1975,Ex/Ex+,US$22
CBS 83337,Gimme some neck,UK,PS,(with Mick&Keith),cardboard innersleeve lyrics/photo,1979,Ex+/Ex,US$15
CBS 85227,1 2 3 4,Holl,PS,1981,Ex+/Ex,US$15
VILZ 28122,Live at the Ritz(with Bo Diddley),Japan,PS,lyric insert & two sided photo insert,obisticker,1988,Ex+/M,US$20

[email protected]
August 29th, 2004 12:23 PM
T&A You will find it very hard (and if successful, very expensive) to find 1234 on CD, even used. Never available on CD in the states. I found a copy after several years of looking. Personally, I think 1234 is his best (I realize I'm in the minority on this one). It got overlooked at the time 'cos it was released in tandemn with Tattoo You. But, there's not a weak track there - some great Charlie drumming too. Outlaws, Fountain of Love, She Was Out There are among the best of the best tracks...