ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gypsy! Run For The Hills! (nsc) Return to archive
August 26th, 2004 12:01 PM
telecaster Africanized Bees May Have Arrived in Okla.

By SEAN MURPHY, Associated Press Writer

OKLAHOMA CITY - A swarm of bees that attacked a work crew earlier this month may be of the Africanized variety, which would mark the furthest north the so-called "killer" bees have traveled in the United States, scientists said.

DNA tests show the bees have Africanized traits, said Russell Wright, head of the Department of Entomology and Plant Pathology at Oklahoma State University. "They certainly are more Africanized than European," he said.

Wright said the bees have been sent to a U.S. Department of Agriculture (news - web sites) Laboratory in Arizona for final confirmation. Those results are expected to take three to four weeks.

Wright said it will be the furthest north the so-called "killer bees" have traveled in the United States.

The bees were discovered when a work crew cut through the limb of a storm-damaged tree last month in the southwest Oklahoma community of Tipton.

"We all ran different directions to the vehicles, and they followed us. There were just so many of them," said Jeff Marshall, a city worker who was stung between 35 and 40 times.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=519&ncid=519&e=8&u=/ap/20040826/ap_on_re_us/killer_bees_1

August 26th, 2004 12:06 PM
Joey

It's no big deal !

http://snltranscripts.jt.org/75/75ibees.phtml

Joey Murray
August 26th, 2004 12:19 PM
gypsy It's about time those damn African bees arrived. I've been reading about them for years...waiting and waiting. Finally!

I've gone 33 years without ever being stung. And my grandpa was a beekeeper, and I went with him to check on his hives all the time. Of course, honey bees are sweet little things.

Well, if that guy got stung 35-40 times, and is fine, then those bees can't be that bad. I believe that article to be racist, and I think the European bees are meaner, but much sneakier.
[Edited by gypsy]
August 26th, 2004 12:27 PM
Bloozehound my brother was mowing the grass once and was attacked by those damned bees. He got to close to a hive they were building in a chimney, he had to bail off and jump into a swimming pool, he was all puffy an shit for days lol
[Edited by Bloozehound]
August 26th, 2004 12:31 PM
gypsy I had a bunch of them come out of the ground once when I was mowing. Guess I mowed over their home...they were pissed. I think they were yellowjackets?
August 26th, 2004 12:37 PM
Bloozehound those africanized honey bees don't like loud noises, they're very aggressive, get to close to their nest while operating a mower, chainsaw, vehicle ect.. they'll go nuts and attack BZZzzzzZzz
August 26th, 2004 12:42 PM
gypsy I wonder if they'd back off if you played an audio tape of Amber Frey?
August 26th, 2004 12:53 PM
Bloozehound they told me they prefer the soothing sounds of Judy collins BBZzzzz
August 26th, 2004 01:15 PM
Sir Stonesalot Killer Bees.

I can't help but think of those silly Belushi/Akroyd sketches on the old SNL.

Remember the one sketch, when the Killer Bees were at summer camp, and one of the Bees got caught "sharpening the bayonet"?

Are we supposed to be scared of the bees again? I thought we were supposed to be scared of asteroids the size of Texas hitting us? Or a super-volcano the size of Yellowstone erupting and blanketing the earth's atmosphere with volcanic ash causing a new ice age? Or a huge earthquake that makes California slide into the Pacific? Or a Jason vs Freddy sequel?
August 26th, 2004 01:57 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
I had a bunch of them come out of the ground once when I was mowing. Guess I mowed over their home...they were pissed.

Breasts Heaving ?!?!?!
August 26th, 2004 02:44 PM
gypsy Of course, joey.
That reminds me...there's some town here called "Marland" or "Marlowe," and their high school mascot is a Melon Heaver. My favorite is the town of Beaver, Oklahoma...they're the Beaver Dusters. I'm not kidding. You just cannot make this stuff up.
August 26th, 2004 02:57 PM
jb http://worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=40127