ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glyn Johns wedding question Return to archive
August 24th, 2004 07:50 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was yesterday's header

The Charlie Watts Experience
Charlie Watts [Drums, Vocals ], Eric Clapton [Bass] & Georgie Fame [Keyboards]
Northern England - May 11, 1979
1979, 1999 Paul Canty

Do you know what they played? Who else joined? Where it was (details)?

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
August 24th, 2004 07:56 AM
Gazza I know youve said the guy on the right is Georgie Fame, but from where I'm sitting it looks like a young Tony Blair.

I know "Phoney" is a Stones fan and played in a rock band in his younger days, but I never knew it was with Charlie and Eric!
August 24th, 2004 09:10 AM
Mathijs Ian McLagan was there too, and talks about it in his book. You could send him an email.

Mathijs
August 24th, 2004 01:19 PM
glencar Isn't Blair the biggest Stones fan around? We love him here in the States.
August 24th, 2004 02:24 PM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Isn't Blair the biggest Stones fan around? We love him here in the States.

If John Major can last seven full years as Prime Minister ..........Tony Blair can last Twenty !!!! ( Thirty ?!?!?! )

" Stones Rule ................Bastards ! "

Friskies !
August 24th, 2004 03:16 PM
F505 It sure is Tony Blair.
August 25th, 2004 08:37 PM
Gazza >Isn't Blair the biggest Stones fan around? We love him here in the States

You're welcome to him. We don't call him "Phoney" for nothing. All spin and no substance.

If your government dealt with Al Queida terrorists and suspects with the political correctness and kid gloves the way our government and legal system does for example, I somehow doubt you'd be so sympathetic. Foreign Policy Tony and Domestic Policy Tony are like Jekyll and Hyde. I don't think most Americans realise there's such a difference.

Blair reinvents himself every week to whatever his spin doctors decide is cool or appropriate and latches on to that trend where convenient.

Typical politician

[Edited by Gazza]
August 25th, 2004 08:40 PM
Gazza >If John Major can last seven full years as Prime Minister ..........Tony Blair can last Twenty !!!! ( Thirty ?!?!?! )

his party will probably stay in power because the opposition is an even more ineffective joke than they are. However, I would doubt Tone will be PM for more than a couple more years at the most.
August 25th, 2004 10:56 PM
BILL PERKS GEORGE MICHAEL HAD IT RIGHT..BLAIR HAS COMPROMISED GREAT BRITIANS BEST INTERESTS BY CONTINUALLY BEING BUSH(AND CLINTONS) LAP DOG.
August 26th, 2004 11:48 AM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

However, I would doubt Tone will be PM for more than a couple more years at the most.

Why is this ?!?!?!

I don't understand ?!?!?! Tony Blair is a political genius ( and he likes the Stones )
August 26th, 2004 11:52 AM
telecaster Bring back Margie Thatcher

She had a set of nuts on her the size of Scotland!
August 26th, 2004 11:56 AM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
Bring back Margie Thatcher

Yeah , she lasted ..........What ?!?! .....eleven years as PM !!!!!! Smart Politician !!!!!!

Tony Blair reminds me sooooooooooo much of Bill Clinton ( and that is a GOOD thing ) I bet he STILL smokes Dope !

August 26th, 2004 11:58 AM
telecaster joey, lunch today at the "Kitty Kat Klub"?

We will have our usual businessmans lunch:

Scotch, cigars and a little "entertainment"

Or do you have plans at the "Cheescake Factory" again?
August 26th, 2004 12:03 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
joey, lunch today at the "Kitty Kat Klub"?

We will have our usual businessmans lunch:

Scotch, cigars and a little "entertainment"

Or do you have plans at the "Cheescake Factory" again?

Tele .............................

No Kitty Today !!!!! Got to go run errands over the lunch hour ........might go to P.F. Changs for lunch tomorrow though .

Developing ....................................

Been listening all morning to a " Birmingham '04 WHO " CDR that someone from this board was kind enough to burn for me --- I MUST state that Roger can no longer hit ANY high notes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

" Didn't you writhe in anger when you saw the man in his big car
Didn't you drive a banger and a gallon didn't get you far
Should have been a famous star
But that ain't what you really are
You could shout your last harrah
While they are propping up the bar
Maybe things were better then
Before you led a promised life
Rash commitements and heavy raps and left wing spiel all compromised
You fall in love with other's wives
Drive 'em nuts with empty lies
Angry 'cos you lost the prize
Forgot the color of their eyes.

Cry if you want Cry if you want ...........fade to SDH "

Jacky T.

August 26th, 2004 12:08 PM
telecaster
quote:
Joey wrote:

Tele .............................

No Kitty Today !!!!! Got to go run errands over the lunch hour ........might go to P.F. Changs for lunch tomorrow though .

Developing ....................................

Sorry about Rogers voice.

joey do ever eat anywhere besides chain restaurants?

I mean, would JR Ewing be caught dead in one?
August 26th, 2004 12:11 PM
telecaster joey. Click down here

I
I
I
V
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5808107/
August 26th, 2004 02:00 PM
Joey
quote:
telecaster wrote:
joey. Click down here

I
I
I
V
http://msnbc.msn.com/id/5808107/

When did the Olympics start ? I thought those were in 2006 ?!?!
August 26th, 2004 06:03 PM
Gazza However, I would doubt Tone will be PM for more than a couple more years at the most.

>Why is this ?!?!?! I don't understand ?!?!?! Tony Blair is a political genius ( and he likes the Stones )

LOL..Only someone who doesnt live here could describe Blair as a "political genius"

Theres a few reasons why he wont probably be PM for more than a couple of years. When he chose Gordon Brown as his Chancellor of the Exchequer, they apparently had an agreement between themselves that Blair would step down midway through his third term as PM and Brown would take over. We're now well into the second half of his second term and will probably have another general election within the next year or 18 months. Brown has barely a fraction of Blair's "charisma" but he has ten times the intellectual capacity. Not only has the stress of being PM affected Blair's health (he had a heart scare last year) but he's slowly becoming an electoral liability. In short, his popularity has gone down considerably in the last few years for numerous reasons.

>Tony Blair reminds me sooooooooooo much of Bill Clinton ( and that is a GOOD thing ) I bet he STILL smokes Dope !

Clinton was in Belfast today, doing a book signing session just down the street from where I work. He's VERY popular where I live. The only American politician who ever has been. I didnt go, however. Crowds were too big and I didnt want to day a half day off work to queue up. I'd only do that for Ali!
August 26th, 2004 06:06 PM
Gazza >Bring back Margie Thatcher

her son has just been arrested yesterday in South Africa for allegedly being involved in an attempted coup to overthrow the President of Equatorial Guinea. No doubt that will drive the old bat even more senile.
August 27th, 2004 02:03 PM
Joey " Theres a few reasons why he wont probably be PM for more than a couple of years. When he chose Gordon Brown as his Chancellor of the Exchequer, they apparently had an agreement between themselves that Blair would step down midway through his third term as PM and Brown would take over................. "

Gazza ...........too " inside " !!!! *** JOEY GOT LOST AGAIN ***

" Clinton was in Belfast today, doing a book signing session just down the street from where I work. He's VERY popular where I live. The only American politician who ever has been. I didnt go, however. Crowds were too big and I didnt want to day a half day off work to queue up. I'd only do that for Ali! "

More popular than Reagan ?!?!?!

Gazza , here's the link to Bill Clinton's girlfriend throughout his presidency :

http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/6784/

[Edited by Joey]
August 27th, 2004 05:13 PM
Gazza >More popular than Reagan ?!?!?!

Why on earth would Reagan (or any other US politician) be popular here?

Clinton, for all his faults, helped broker the peace process in Northern Ireland. He's unique amongst American politicians that he got respect for that on all sides here and wasnt seen as a know-nothing bandwagon-jumper using the problem for his own political gain.

>Gazza , here's the link to Bill Clinton's girlfriend throughout his presidency :
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Hills/6784/

thanks Joey
you mean he only had one?
I've never heard of this bird.
She is, as we say around these parts, a "dirty bit".
Any relation to Walter?

[Edited by Gazza]
August 27th, 2004 06:00 PM
Joey
" Clinton, for all his faults, helped broker the peace process in Northern Ireland. He's unique amongst American politicians that he got respect for that on all sides here and wasnt seen as a know-nothing bandwagon-jumper using the problem for his own political gain. "

Oh , Thanks Gazza ! Joey just learned something . God I just love this board !!!!!!

" Any relation to Walter? "

Oh yeah !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJerky Boy !