ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Page Gets Spot on London's Walk of Fame (nsc) Return to archive
August 23rd, 2004 03:36 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Page Gets Spot on London's Walk of Fame

LONDON - Jimmy Page hasn't yet made it up the stairway to heaven, but he's the first to reach the new British Walk of Fame.

The former Led Zeppelin guitarist cast his hand prints in cement Monday as the first music legend to feature on London's reply to the Hollywood Walk of Fame.

"It's a real privilege and a great honor to be the first. I'm really chuffed," said Page, 60. "A Walk of Fame is a fantastic idea, and it's high time we had one in London."

The site of the British version, which will feature popular music giants, is taking shape outside the new Virgin Music superstore on Piccadilly Circus, London's landmark crossroads.

Page predicted it would soon become crowded with hand prints. "If you started putting in all the people I think are deserving, you could cover the whole of London," he said.

Led Zeppelin — which included singer Robert Plant , bassist John Paul Jones and drummer John Bonham, who died in 1980 — was one of the top rock bands in history and produced nine chart-topping albums from 1969 to 1979.

Its most famous song was the epic "Stairway to Heaven," which was never released as a single but became one of the most requested radio songs of all time.

Led Zeppelin was back on top of the U.S. rock chart last year with a greatest hits album, "How the West Was Won."

Page frequently is rated as one of the greatest rock guitarists in history. In 2002, a readers' survey of Total Guitar magazine rated him No. 2 to the late Jimi Hendrix.
August 23rd, 2004 04:07 PM
Factory Girl Yeah for Pagey!! Now, get out and tour!
August 24th, 2004 11:47 AM
Make It Funky FactoryGirl: ha, I knew you'd make a comment on this. You know what I just realized? You're NOT a dude! Sorry.. haha

Does anyone know who or what company is responsible for organizing/petitioning for a Rock Walk!? Who comes up with this? HardRockCafe associates? Branson? Jann Wenner? Bob Curbishly?

I'm actually surprised that there hasn't been this sort of commemoration already established in London!!?!? Any punters out there who wanna wage a bet as to who the next imprint of hands will belong to?

Seeing that EC just got his cemented in Hollywood, I reckon he'll be next to Pagey's...perhaps keeping it more of a yardbirds theme!?

Cheers from Australia!
August 24th, 2004 01:13 PM
Factory Girl Hey Funky, no I'm not a "Factory" dude. I am not the guy in my avatar...that is Layne Staley.

I wear scarves instead of hats and I get drunk on Fiday night.

Yours truly,

FG!
August 24th, 2004 04:07 PM
Martha Pagey looks good! I saw the AP photo....he's lost weight.

Time to tour, I vote for that too FG!

Pagey Pagey PAGEY!
August 24th, 2004 10:15 PM
Soldatti Jimmy looks pretty good, just look the pictures with Wyman and Taylor from a months ago...
August 25th, 2004 01:47 AM
Egbert Maybe the Plaster Casters can assist Robert when it's his turn...
August 25th, 2004 07:59 AM
Factory Girl Yes, Martha! Pagey must tour! TOUR TOUR TOUR!!
August 25th, 2004 12:46 PM
Martha
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
Jimmy looks pretty good, just look the pictures with Wyman and Taylor from a months ago...

Huh? Where do I go to see those?
August 27th, 2004 01:41 AM
Egbert The latest (or next to latest) issue of MOJO has an interview with Jeff Back and Jimmy Page - good photos - Page looks good indeed.