ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Great State of Texas Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
August 22nd, 2004 01:51 AM
sirmoonie OZZY OSBOURNE
MARK LEMONGELLO
DON "FUMES" WILSON
EARL "SKOAL BROTHER" CAMPBELL
ZZ TOP
THE GUY WHO DECIDED TO NAME THEM THE OILERS
RICHARD "NIGHT STALKER" RAMIREZ
THE GUY WHO CAUSED THE ASTRODOME TO BE RAINED OUT
THE ASTRODOME AND THE FIRST TEEPEE
TERRY BRADSHAW'S LITTLE BROTHER CRAIG
CEASAR CEDENO
MOOF PISS
THE P.R. PITCHER WHO THREW A SPAZZ DURING THAT WORLD SERIES
MIKE BARBER'S KNEE THAT GOT JACKED BY MIKE WAGNER
BUM PHILLIPS
BILLY PARKS
GRASSY KNOLLS
BROWNSVILLE
GOLDEN RICHARDS
DREW PEARSON
JACKIE "BUTTERFINGERS" SMITH
"HOLLYWOOD" HENDERSON
August 22nd, 2004 04:24 AM
F505 Lance Armstrong, winner Tour de France 2004,2003,2002,2001,2000,1999
August 22nd, 2004 04:52 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
AnitaX wrote:
[Dallas Morning News 8/20/04]
Larry Hagman says President Bush is running the country the way J.R. Ewing ran his daddy's oil company – incompetently. So count the Texas-born actor as a strong supporter of John Kerry, even if he was deep in Bush country Thursday night at a Southfork Ranch event tied to next week's release of the first Dallas DVD set.

"I know where I am, and I can be anywhere I want to and say anything I want to," ..."This is still America, you know. But they're trying to take that away from us."

[He] said he regularly wears a T-shirt that says "J.R. for President" on the front and "Oops, he already is" on the back. "You know, J.R. never made any money for his company," ... "He was a bankrupt guy. And finally his wife ended up running what little was left." [...]

I hope that Kerry wins, because we can't go on like this," Mr. Hagman said. "Bush is ruining the country. He's ruining the world, is what he's doing. I know a lot of people don't agree with me, but they have to look around and see what's happening. It's frightening. If he [Mr. Bush] gets in again, we won't have any more elections. That's the end."

where u from nita ?
August 22nd, 2004 05:01 AM
Bloozehound
quote:
F505 wrote:
Lance Armstrong, winner Tour de France 2004,2003,2002,2001,2000,1999

lol god bless texas

blast some roki erickson!

and don't slander me mama
August 22nd, 2004 05:16 AM
Bloozehound and walk with the zombie
August 22nd, 2004 05:31 AM
Bloozehound Who's got the cojones to post that pic of the Stones in Texas posing in front of the Alamo with those Davy Crocket coonskin caps, rebel flags and shit i cant find it....
August 22nd, 2004 01:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
August 22nd, 2004 01:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
August 22nd, 2004 01:23 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

Thanks Irina!
August 22nd, 2004 02:23 PM
Bloozehound youse guys gots the cojones!

bad ass, thanks
August 22nd, 2004 02:54 PM
gypsy Voodoo posted that as a header a looong time ago...Voodoo has cojones and then some.
August 22nd, 2004 08:00 PM
Bloozehound speaking of ZZ Top, this is pretty cool

http://www.baddcentral.com/news/detail_news.asp?news_id=426
August 22nd, 2004 08:19 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
gypsy wrote:
Voodoo posted that as a header a looong time ago...Voodoo has cojones and then some.

I've got big balls
And they're such big balls
Dirty big balls

Everybody says I've got
Great balls of fire
August 23rd, 2004 12:03 PM
F505 Don't forget Jayne Mansfield, Red Adair and Ross Perot....
August 23rd, 2004 12:08 PM
telecaster I can't believe nobody mentioned Christopher Cross
is from Texas

You know, "Sailing, "Arthurs Theme"

Pure genius

I met him in 1979 at the Whiskey River in Ft. Worth and discussed Fender Strats with him

I was drunk. It was $1 pitcher night
August 23rd, 2004 10:39 PM
Bloozehound Buck Owens
Johnny Horton
Mike Nesmith
Robert Earl Keen
Lyle Lovett
Dale Evans (wife of Roy Rogers)
Ernest Tubb
Meat Loaf (LOL)
Johnny Mathis
Johnny Nash
Boz Scaggs
Edie Brickell
Norah Jones
Scott Joplin
Tex Ritter
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Renee Zellweger
Jessica Simpson
Powers Boothe
Jamie Foxx
Ethan Hawke
Rip Torn
Gary Busey
Tommy Lee Jones
Gene Roddenberry
Dabney Coleman
Carol Burnett
Joan Crawford
Sissy Spacek
Morgan Fairchild
Woody Harrelson
Mike Judge
Mary Kay
Howard Hughes
Audie Murphy
Dwight David Eisenhower
Admiral Chester Nimitz
General Tommy Franks
Richard King
John Wesley Hardin
Bonnie Parker & Clyde Barrow
Walter Cronkite
Sam Donaldson
Dan Rather
Ben Hogan
August 23rd, 2004 10:50 PM
sammy davis jr. Lee Harvey Oswald & that nut who shot those people from that clock tower in the 60's.....oh- and Lyndon B. Johnson.
August 24th, 2004 09:17 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Wasn't Janis Joplin from Texas? These lists are quite impressive. I'd be hard pressed to come up with even 5 recognizable names from Maine. Stephen King is probably the widest recognized name. I think John Houston was from Maine. I 'm loathe to mention politicians but "the most corrupt politician in US History" (and that takes some real dedication and discipline) came from Maine. James Blaine. So I suppose he's quite well respected in Hell. Clarence White kind of grew up here but moved to California. Anyway my hats off to Texas.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
August 24th, 2004 09:22 AM
Joey
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Johnny Winter
Buddy Holly
ZZ Top
Willie Nelson
Cordell Walker
Waylon Jennings
Townes Van Zant
Stevie Ray Vaughn
etc.
Texas has and does turn out some real good shit.

John " Rabbit " Bundrick

http://www.thewho-rabbit.com/
August 24th, 2004 09:26 AM
Joey

<--------- Larry Hagman said : " I hope that Kerry wins, because we can't go on like this," Mr. Hagman said. "Bush is ruining the country. He's ruining the world, is what he's doing. I know a lot of people don't agree with me, but they have to look around and see what's happening. It's frightening. If he [Mr. Bush] gets in again, we won't have any more elections. That's the end."

Amen ! Bankruptcy does not constitute Victory in the War Against Terror !

|
|
|
|
|
V
[Edited by Joey]
August 24th, 2004 09:36 AM
jb Ninea abs shae monkey......Tengo que ire el bano....
August 24th, 2004 09:40 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
Ninea abs shae monkey......Tengo que ire el bano....

O.A. Bum Phillips was NOT a Bad Coach .......Ronnie !

JJJJJJJJJJJJJJJERSEY !
August 24th, 2004 09:43 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Joey wrote:
Amen ! Bankruptcy does not constitute Victory in the War Against Terror !

The war on terror isn't MEANT to be won. It's Orwell's state of perpetual war. Or at least part of it. We've been at war with someone or something since 1900 or thereabouts. And I doubt we'll see the end of it in my lifetime.
August 24th, 2004 09:49 AM
jb Bum Philips was a hell of a coach...he was almost a father like figure to his players, including Earl Campbell. Sadly, Houston was never able to get by the lefgendary Steel Curtain of the 70's...Bum later went on to coach the Saints and if I recall Kenny "the snake" Stabler played a few years for him. Bum Philips son, Wade, has had some success as a head coach, but never achieved the legendary status of his dad. I believe Bum Philips resides on a horse ranch in Texas. Do you remember the Monday night gane against the Dolphins when Campbell ran for several long touchdowns....one of the greatest games ever even though we I(the Dolphins) lost...NINEA ABS SHAE MONKRY!!!!NINEA!!NINEA!!!
August 24th, 2004 09:58 AM
Joey

<------ Bum Philips was a hell of a coach...he was almost a father like figure to his players, including Earl Campbell. Sadly, Houston was never able to get by the lefgendary ( sic ) Steel Curtain of the 70's...Bum later went on to coach the Saints and if I recall Kenny "the snake" Stabler played a few years for him. Bum Philips son, Wade, has had some success as a head coach, but never achieved the legendary status of his dad. I believe Bum Philips resides on a horse ranch in Texas

Thanks little buddy ......... I believe you are correct about that last part .

Josh , do you remember that Monday Night Football game back in the late '70's when Earl Campbell ran for several long touchdowns against your Miami Dolphins ?!?!?! That was one Hell of a memorable game even though your Dolphins lost .................sticks in my mind just like the night John Lennon was " Shot in the Back " four times whilst walking up the steps to his apartment and Howard Cosell ( real name Cohen -- notice Large " C " ) announced the news to the world .

Burscee Joe !

August 24th, 2004 10:02 AM
jb I was in my freshman dorm(Hume Hall) and Univ. of Florida and a nice gyy named mark came crying down the hallway shouting Lennon was dead...I think I got a blow job that night from my girlfrienf=ds twin sister as she was "rushing" for Beta Theta ...
August 24th, 2004 10:12 AM
egon
quote:
jb wrote:
I was in my freshman dorm(Hume Hall) and Univ. of Florida and a nice gyy named mark came crying down the hallway shouting Lennon was dead...I think I got a blow job that night from my girlfrienf=ds twin sister as she was "rushing" for Beta Theta ...

JB...
August 24th, 2004 10:12 AM
Joey
quote:
jb wrote:
I was in my freshman dorm(Hume Hall) and Univ. of Florida and ..............I got a blow job that night from my girlfrienf=ds twin sister as she was "rushing" for Beta Theta ...

That is a lovely story !

I was in the middle of my Junior Year at Creighton Preparatory High School , living with my parents , Smoking Dope and STILL in shock from the " WHO 1979 Cincinnati Tragedy " .......................Oh , and dreaming of a Ronald Reagan Presidency .

Word !

Jersee !

August 24th, 2004 10:23 AM
jb
quote:
egon wrote:

JB...

Thanks Egon..Peter graves, of Mission Impossible, really helped change his image with his appearence in the hilarious 70's comdedy "Airplane".....he along with the then converted Lew Alcindor(Karim Abdul Jabbar) really were quite funny!!!!
August 24th, 2004 10:25 AM
F505 Remember The Great State of Utrecht

Marco van Basten
Wim van Hanegem
Anton Geesing
Dick Bruna
Herman van Veen
Rijk de Gooijer
Henk Westbroek
Gerrit Rietveld

et cetera
Page: 1 2 3