ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Losers at the Vote For Change Tour Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5
August 17th, 2004 03:33 PM
steel driving hammer Yawn.

Meow.
August 17th, 2004 03:34 PM
glencar The hurricane came too early, maybe!
August 17th, 2004 03:36 PM
jb Babie Steel Magnolia!!!!!
August 17th, 2004 03:41 PM
Jumping Jack I guess this was to be expected:

Candidate Seeks Bruce Boycott
Aug 16, 2:30 PM EST
The Associated Press

ALBANY, N.Y. -- Upset with Bruce Springsteen's effort to oust President Bush from the White House, the New York Conservative Party's candidate for the U.S. Senate is launching a "Boycott the Boss" television commercial.

"He thinks making millions with a song-and-dance routine allows him to tell you how to vote," Marilyn O'Grady says in the 30-second spot. "Here's my vote: Boycott the Boss. If you don't buy his politics, don't buy his music."

In a statement, O'Grady said Springsteen "has a right to say what he thinks, but we have Now that he's moved onto the political stage to bash my president, it is entirely fair to respond."

Springsteen was among more than 20 prominent musicians who announced on Aug. 4 that they would hold a series of anti-Bush fund-raising concerts under the "Vote for Change" banner in 28 cities in October.

"I feel this is one of the most critical elections in my lifetime," Springsteen told The Associated Press at the time.

Springsteen's "No Surrender" has become an anthem for Democratic Sen. John Kerry's presidential campaign.

A spokesman for O'Grady, Howard Lim, would not say how much the Long Island's ophthalmologist's campaign was spending on the commercial, in which she says, "I stand with President Bush and it's time to tame the liberal elite."

A spokeswoman for Springsteen did not immediately return a call seeking comment Monday.

O'Grady, a conservative Republican, launched her campaign after Republican Gov. George Pataki and the state GOP's leadership handed the party's Senate nomination to Howard Mills, a little-known legislator who supports abortion rights and civil unions for gays. Polls have shown Schumer running far ahead of both O'Grady and Mills.
August 17th, 2004 03:45 PM
glencar Schumer has over $25Mil so no one is going to take him down. And I haven't even seen an ad yet. As far boycotting the Boss, he's always been a bit of a lefty. I've bought everything he's put out lately & will in the future if it's good enough. Unless they produce a DVD of this tour & the profits go to some lunatic cause.
August 17th, 2004 03:56 PM
Dan I will just buy stuff used from now on. He is not an absolute favorite or anything so I dont have to make the hard choice of a lifetime boycott or anything like that.
August 17th, 2004 03:56 PM
Bloozehound TOP 10 MCGREEVEY JOKES.

10- NJ STATE BIRD-----SWALLOW

09- NJ TPKE RENAMED HERSHEY HIGHWAY

08- NJ RAISES TERROR ALERT LEVEL TO PINK

07- WE KNOW HE DID NOT LIKE BUSH, BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS

06- NOW WE KNOW WHY HE ENJOYED "POLLING" SO MUCH

05- WHAT DOES MCGREEVEY AND THE ISREALI NAVY HAVE IN COMMON? JEWISH SEAMAN.

04- NJ DMV TO NOW CALL REAR END ACCIDENTS A ‘MCGREEVEY’.

03- GIVES NEW MEANING TO STUFFING THE BALLOT BOX

02- POST HEAD LINE..... "MCGREEVEY GOES DOWN”

01- SHOULDN'T TAKE LONG TO GET OUT OF THE GOVERNERS MANSION, HE'S ALREADY GOT HIS SHIT PACKED!!!!!!
August 17th, 2004 04:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
Schumer has over $25Mil so no one is going to take him down.

For sure. Holding some elections doesn't make much sense. Just a waste of time and money.
August 17th, 2004 04:02 PM
glencar I just hope he gives to charity what he doesn't waste on ads.
August 17th, 2004 04:04 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Bloozehound wrote:
TOP 10 MCGREEVEY JOKES.

10- NJ STATE BIRD-----SWALLOW

09- NJ TPKE RENAMED HERSHEY HIGHWAY

08- NJ RAISES TERROR ALERT LEVEL TO PINK

07- WE KNOW HE DID NOT LIKE BUSH, BUT THIS IS RIDICULOUS

06- NOW WE KNOW WHY HE ENJOYED "POLLING" SO MUCH

05- WHAT DOES MCGREEVEY AND THE ISREALI NAVY HAVE IN COMMON? JEWISH SEAMAN.

04- NJ DMV TO NOW CALL REAR END ACCIDENTS A ‘MCGREEVEY’.

03- GIVES NEW MEANING TO STUFFING THE BALLOT BOX

02- POST HEAD LINE..... "MCGREEVEY GOES DOWN”

01- SHOULDN'T TAKE LONG TO GET OUT OF THE GOVERNERS MANSION, HE'S ALREADY GOT HIS SHIT PACKED!!!!!!

You have always seemed rather close with Some Guy........ right?

August 17th, 2004 04:06 PM
glencar Lamby! I might need uncaking today.
August 17th, 2004 04:10 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
glencar wrote:
I just hope he gives to charity what he doesn't waste on ads.

LOL. The ads are the best part! Chuckie Shumer on a big white horse, saving the country by registering George Washington's guns.
August 17th, 2004 04:21 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
glencar wrote:
Lamby! I might need uncaking today.

I've run out of disinfectant after Joey's after lunch session. If you're into it - so am I...

August 17th, 2004 04:23 PM
glencar I'd better wait as I'm out of anti-biotics...
August 17th, 2004 04:26 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
glencar wrote:
I'd better wait as I'm out of anti-biotics...

This news story is so creepy on many levels, typical indie film anti hollywood ending...

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=638&ncid=579&e=1&u=/nm/20040817/en_nm/film_cameraman_dc
August 17th, 2004 04:32 PM
glencar His seatbelt killed him!
August 17th, 2004 04:38 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
glencar wrote:
His seatbelt killed him!

Plus the anti Bruce Willis shithead sitting next to him!

August 17th, 2004 04:39 PM
Some Guy He's already got his shit packed. That's some funny stuff!
August 17th, 2004 04:44 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
He's already got his shit packed. That's some funny stuff!

By who? Jb?

August 17th, 2004 04:47 PM
Some Guy Good afternoon Lambchop*
August 17th, 2004 04:55 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Some Guy wrote:
Good afternoon Lambchop*

Good afternoon Some Guy.

Have I told you lately how gay I find your new avatar?

August 17th, 2004 04:55 PM
Gazza >Candidate Seeks Bruce Boycott
Aug 16, 2:30 PM EST
The Associated Press

Amazing. "Boycott" someone for encouraging people to vote for the other guy in a free election in a democracy.

What a wanker.

And Bruce a 'leftie' supporter? Please. The notion of any presidential candidate in a conservative country like the US being what any other society could describe as left-wing is laughable.
August 17th, 2004 05:10 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Good afternoon Some Guy.

Have I told you lately how gay I find your new avatar?

uncake this!
August 17th, 2004 05:18 PM
GimmeExile I don't understand this thread...It has a title regarding the Vote For Change tour and then goes into something about the NJ Governor.
August 17th, 2004 05:43 PM
Lambchop*
quote:
Some Guy wrote:

uncake this!

Ha!

Is that what I think it is? Must get a close up...

August 17th, 2004 05:57 PM
Some Guy
quote:
Lambchop* wrote:

Ha!

Is that what I think it is? Must get a close up...

it was here a minute ago!
nevermind
[Edited by your mamma]
[Edited by Some Guy]
August 17th, 2004 09:53 PM
Soldatti
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
I don't understand this thread...It has a title regarding the Vote For Change tour and then goes into something about the NJ Governor.

Lack of news...
August 18th, 2004 11:19 AM
Martha All of the shows are not yet posted at Txbastard. Here's some of the ticket prices.

Johnny Mellencamp (my former husband) $46.50 (presale starts Thursday 10 am need password)

Pearl Jam $50

The BOSS $75

Jackson Browen Bonnie Raitt Keb Mo' 47.50 & 57.50

JT and Dixie Chicks 68.50 & 82.50

Over and out.

peace,

Martha
August 18th, 2004 11:28 AM
Joey
quote:
steel driving hammer wrote:
Yawn.

Meow.

You are no longer my Baby Steelie !

August 18th, 2004 11:35 AM
Lambchop*
quote:
Joey wrote:

You are no longer my Baby Steelie !

Explorers Find Ancient City in Remote Peru Jungle

Tue Aug 17, 7:28 PM ET Add Science - Reuters to My Yahoo!

By Marco Aquino

LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - An ancient walled city complex inhabited some 1,300 years ago by a culture later conquered by the Incas has been discovered deep in Peru's Amazon jungle, explorers said on Tuesday.

New PC? No Problem!
Get old files onto a new PC. Plus, how to buy a new computer, and ditch your old one.

U.S. and Peruvian explorers uncovered the city, which may have been home to up to 10,000 people, after a month trekking in Peru's northern rain forest and following up on years of investigation about a possible lost metropolis in the region.

The stone city, made up of five citadels at 9,186 feet above sea level, stretches over around 39 square miles and contains walls covered in carvings and figure paintings, exploration leader Sean Savoy told Reuters.

"It is a tremendous city ... containing areas with stone etchings and 10-meter (33-foot) high walls," said Savoy, who had to hack through trees and thick foliage to finally reach the site on Aug. 15.

Covered in matted tree branches and interspersed with lakes and waterfalls, the settlement sites also contain well-preserved graveyards with mummies with teeth "in almost perfect condition," Savoy said.

Replete with stone agricultural terraces and water canals, the city complex is thought to have been home to the little-known Chachapoyas culture.

According to early accounts by Spanish conquistadors who arrived in Peru in the early 1500s, the Chachapoyas were a fair-skinned warrior tribe famous for their tall stature. Today they are known for the giant burial coffins sculpted into human figures found in the northern jungle region.

Savoy said his team also found an Inca settlement within the city complex that could prove theories the Chachapoyas were conquered by the Incas, who ruled an area stretching from Ecuador to northern Chile between 1300 and 1500.

Savoy, a Peruvian-American, accompanied on the expedition by his U.S. father, Gene Savoy, named the site Gran Saposoa after the nearby village Saposoa and his team has already mapped the area with preliminary drawings.

The discovery is the third notable ruin Gene Savoy has helped uncover in Peru. In 1964, Savoy found the site of the Incas' last refuge in the Cuzco region of southern Peru. A year later he took part in the discovery of the sacred city of Gran Pajaten in northern Peru.

American Hiram Bingham made Peru's most famous archeological discovery -- the fabled Inca ruins of Machu Picchu near Cuzco -- in 1911. Machu Picchu today attracts almost half a million tourists every year and is South America's best known archeological site.

Page: 1 2 3 4 5