ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: REALLY BAD STONES BOOTLEGGED TSHIRTS Return to archive Page: 1 2
August 16th, 2004 11:24 AM
exile I just find these hilarious so if you have any other photos post them.

[Edited by exile]
August 16th, 2004 11:33 AM
Gazza "US Tour 1981 - 82" ???

"Rolling Stone" ???

Excellent!!

Who's the proud model?
August 16th, 2004 12:01 PM
Nasty Habits This is GREAT topic.

I'll see what I can find . . .

August 16th, 2004 12:39 PM
Jumacfly LOL Exile..i want the last one!
August 16th, 2004 02:07 PM
TooTough In 94 I saw guys during the US tour selling shirts with mis-spelled cities, for example Indianpolis (why not Indian Police;-)I NEVER bought bootlegged shirts. 99% are pure rubbish.
August 16th, 2004 02:18 PM
Bloozehound Those shirts are pretty funny.

Used to see these type shirts for sell in Mexico all the time, never really studied the content on them, just thought they looked cheezy as hell, next time I go I'll have to pay more attention to the little details. Ha
August 16th, 2004 02:46 PM
jb The boot t-shirts are much cooler than the crap the authorized vendors sell...also much cheaper.
August 16th, 2004 03:09 PM
Joey The boot t-shirts are much cooler than the crap the authorized vendors sell...also much cheaper.
August 16th, 2004 03:10 PM
glencar Much cheaper but do they last? Wash after wash? You know what I'm saying, Joshy.
August 16th, 2004 03:12 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl When I attended one of the 1981 MSG shows (I only saw one of them) I bought a t-shirt almost identical to the very first one posted above. I bought it outside the MSG, then I saw a better quality tees inside.

People bootlegging those t-shirts used to make big mistakes, like using covers of old albums (not the one of the tour) but with the dates of the tour, even making typos in the legends
August 16th, 2004 03:14 PM
Bloozehound Wash after wash, good question, probably not, but they do have that uber cool, 70-80's iron-on look don't they..
August 16th, 2004 03:16 PM
glencar The bootleg shirts seem to be blander these days.
August 17th, 2004 09:15 AM
exile Ha Ha I found another one
enjoy

August 17th, 2004 09:31 AM
M.O.W.A.T.

[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
August 17th, 2004 09:51 AM
Jumacfly Fu**ing hilarious thread!!
MOWAT, what a great avatar !!!!!!!!!!!
August 17th, 2004 09:53 AM
Gazza

Jesus H. Christ! Who'd have imagined it. A Stones t-shirt with Mick and Elvis on the front!
August 17th, 2004 10:16 AM
Joey

This is a Great Thread -- I'm proud to be a " Rocks Off " member .

August 17th, 2004 10:24 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Joey wrote:

This is a Great Thread -- I'm proud to be a " Rocks Off " member .

me too!!!
August 18th, 2004 08:28 PM
exile

[Edited by exile]
August 18th, 2004 08:42 PM
exile

[Edited by exile]
August 18th, 2004 08:47 PM
Nasty Habits

Must. . . . have . . . shirt!

August 18th, 2004 08:54 PM
Baby Steelie

still going, by the way. Novogate is pretty slack.

I
I
I
I
I
V
[Edited by Baby Steelie]
August 18th, 2004 09:27 PM
Bloozehound I know you'll can't use anything copyrighted or any trademarked logos, but maybe you'll could come up with an image similar to, and/or model the official Rocks Off T-shirt after one of the bootleg shirts. It would give it a cool, off-hand, seedy, bootleg appeal.

Could say something like "Online world tour 1999 - 2004" or whatever year this msg board got started.

lol@Stone, but dig that old skool, silver metalic font. Reminds me of those blue Big Foot tees, and numerous other cheezy 80's metal band shirts.

Nice and generic (I think)

August 19th, 2004 12:02 PM
Jumacfly
quote:
exile wrote:

[Edited by exile]

it s my B day next week i want this t shirt

August 19th, 2004 01:29 PM
Phog I've actually purchased a couple of boot t-shirts. The first was on the way to the Columbia,MO Voodoo Lounge show. My buddies and I stopped at a rest area and there was a guy there selling Stones shirts. He wanted $15 and I told him 'No thanks'. Eventually he came up to me and said 'C'mon man, give me $5 for one of these.' I did. Nothing special--white shirt with an American flag tongue on the front, voodoo dancer and tour dates on the back. It's totally fallen apart in the ensuing ten years. So I cut the sleeves and collar off and now wear it to work out in sometimes.

The last one I got in Stockholm last summer. The Stones had left town after their trilogy and the little t-shirt shops around town were getting rid of their leftover stock. This one is black with a rainbow tongue on the front, the back has various pictures (most of which are pretty cool) and a few tour dates. Since it was priced cheaply I got one for myself and one for my homeboy, Charles. Cheap shit, to be sure, but still kind of neat to have I guess.
August 19th, 2004 10:07 PM
exile

August 19th, 2004 10:50 PM
M.O.W.A.T.

[Edited by M.O.W.A.T.]
August 19th, 2004 11:18 PM
gypsy Maybe it's just me...but I kind of like a few of the first shirts shown...they're so cheesy they're cool...make sense?
josh, your post is one of your greatest masterpieces yet! I can see why joey is so fond of you.
August 19th, 2004 11:37 PM
LadyJane This thread is cracking me the fuck up. I don't have one of the "fake" shirts. Stupid me...always shelling out for the "official" nonsense.

Exile...you are soooooo cute. I'm LMAO. Do you really own some of these "gems?"

LJ.

I gotta go to my Parent's attic and retrieve my entire collection. thanks.
[Edited by LadyJane]
August 20th, 2004 12:17 AM
MarthaMyDear I was actually JUST thinking the same thing, gypsy, and the
word cheesy did come to mind!!! What would
REALLY be fun is if we had a/some Rocks Off get-together(s) on
the next tour and had a cheesy Stones t-shirt-wearing contest
and whoever has the cheesiest t-shirt wins some prizes!!!
I actually really like the first couple, also...
lol.............. The "Rolling Stones" inside the mouth and
tongue logo on the sleeves is especially striking...
LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But, I'm keeping my money in my pocket...
CRACKING-UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P ROCK ON!!!
PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
Page: 1 2