ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board

© 1964 Dezo Hoffmann
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Charlie Watts Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rocks Off T-Shirt Idea!!!!! Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
July 21st, 2004 12:59 PM
Monkey Woman But we can't use the mouth logo because of copyright law.
July 21st, 2004 01:04 PM
Gazza >
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
How about "Bono Is A Twat"?

>I would pay for a ticket to u2 @ the staples center JUST to wear that tshirt to the event.

and I'd risk excommunication and life and limb by wearing it at a U2 concert here. I hope the bastards have a sense of humour
July 21st, 2004 01:10 PM
jb U2 has totally ruined any chance of the Stones starting their tour Feb 8th, 2005 at the Troc in Philly
July 21st, 2004 02:17 PM
Joey
quote:
gypsy wrote:
My dear joey, the pole is not in my future. But BEAVERHUNT is!

" Live in my house
I'll be your shelter
Just pay me back with one thousand kisses
Be my lover-
And I'll cover you

Open your door
I'll be your tenant
Don't got much baggage
To lay at your feet
But sweet kisses I've got to spare
I'll be there
And I'll cover you

I think they meant it
When they said you can't buy love
Now I know you can rent it
A new lease you are, my love
On life- be my life

Just slip me on-
I'll be your blanket
Wherever, whatever- I'll be your coat

You'll be my king and I'll be your castle

You'll be my queen and I'll be your moat

I think they meant it
When they said you can't buy love
Now I know you can rent it-
A new lease you are, my love,
On life- all my life "

July 21st, 2004 02:55 PM
gypsy Gyps is laying out in the sun today! I came inside cuz I'm kind of parched and needed to cool off...that, and I feel like my neighbors' dork son that lives in their attic is watching me and masturbating.

I had to get up early to re-new my CPR...sit there for four hours going over things I already know...passed the test...did not miss one.

Let's all just make our own shirts, take pics of them, send 'em to the Unholy Trinity...and they can judge.
July 21st, 2004 02:55 PM
gypsy Oh! And SS can make a cool CD for whomever makes the t-shirt that strikes his fancy.
July 21st, 2004 03:02 PM
MarthaMyDear gypsy, thank you very much for being a true friend of ...
lol........... LAUGHING!!!!!!!! Nevermind... I'm just bored... LOL!!!!!!!!
HAVE FUN IN THE SUN and TAKE GOOD CARE!!!
ENJOY THE SUMMER, GIRLFRIEND!!! And, I hope
everything works out better for you with work, etc., ok.?!?!?!
Take care!!! PEACE!!!

*** Martha ***
July 21st, 2004 03:41 PM
gypsy Thanks, MarthaMyDear! You are such a sweetie. I hope you have a great summer as well.
I think I'm going home to Missouri for the weekend...just hang out with my friends...go on a canoe trip...take it easy...then get back and start a serious job search!
July 21st, 2004 03:51 PM
Joey " Thanks, MarthaMyDear! You are such a sweetie. I hope you have a great summer as well. "

July 21st, 2004 04:06 PM
LadyJane
quote:
gypsy wrote:

Let's all just make our own shirts, take pics of them, send 'em to the Unholy Trinity...and they can judge.

There's an idea!! I've got mine already figured out. But, howe do I get the image of the collage...from Voodoo???

LJ.
July 21st, 2004 05:35 PM
Joey
quote:
LadyJane wrote:

There's an idea!! I've got mine already figured out. But, howe do I get the image of the collage...from Voodoo???

LJ.

My shirt will have the following :

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

[Edited by Joey]
July 21st, 2004 05:38 PM
Gazza NO IT FUCKIN WONT
July 21st, 2004 05:44 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:
NO IT FUCKIN WONT

YOU MAKE JOEY CRY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gazza ...............Did I mention to you that I will be drinking all evening at " THE BRAZEN HEAD " this Friday night ?!?!?!

Nope ?!?! Well , it is certainly true -- and if THE WHO do not add anymore U.S. Tour Dates I might just pull a Keith Moon ( circa 1978 ) on alls ya's .............

Developing ........................

Shiver ..............................

Jackskee !

[ Edited by Burcee Joe ]
[Edited by Joey]
July 21st, 2004 05:59 PM
Gazza >Gazza ...............Did I mention to you that I will be drinking all evening at " THE BRAZEN HEAD " this Friday night ?!?!?!

It has been mentioned on another thread and thanks for the invite. I'll see what I can do, although getting the day off work to fly 5,000 miles might be tricky. In the meantime, watch your mailbox for something that will make you "Fiddle about"

July 21st, 2004 06:08 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

It has been mentioned on another thread and thanks for the invite. I'll see what I can do, although getting the day off work to fly 5,000 miles might be tricky. In the meantime, watch your mailbox for something that will make you "Fiddle about"

Gazza :

You make Joey Giddy !!!!!!!!!!

Oh , Happy Happy Jo Jo

JJJJJJJJJACKY TOWNSHEND !!!!!!

[ Edited by

[Edited by Joey]
July 21st, 2004 06:30 PM
stones-addict Just think of how good a shirt with the nipples cut out would look! I'm still stumped for a slogan or picture, though.
July 21st, 2004 06:45 PM
Gazza About 20 years ago I used to have a T-shirt with the "Sticky Fingers" album logo and which had a couple of strategically placed zips.

It was a cool shirt but I kept catching one of the zips on a nipple too often for my liking.

Unfortunately it was one of my own.
July 21st, 2004 09:39 PM
stones-addict

Are you saying that a shirt designed to catch the nipple of a person NOT wearing it would be a good idea? Gadzooks, Batman, back to the drawing board!
July 21st, 2004 11:08 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Well if we give follow up and finish this project I vote for a "wet rocks off t-shirt contest" the next gathering at Yoti 2005!
July 22nd, 2004 12:31 AM
Sir Stonesalot I think the front should be the collage with "Rocks Off" under it, and the back should simply be the Rocks Off web address.

Keep it simple. Don't overload or over crowd.

I think that whomever is in charge of getting the things printed should add extra $$ to the price and all profits should be donated to the Trinity to help pay for the board.

In fact, we should do little fund raisers several times a year...
July 22nd, 2004 06:21 AM
Monkey Woman I'm all in favour of simple design of name & collage on the front & web address on the back. But still there should be a nice, mindboggling slogan or quote somewhere... Maybe we can have a vote? There's been a lot of suggestions. We list all them all and then vote on our favorite. But we need an "authority" to draw the list, take account of votes, etc.
July 22nd, 2004 06:43 AM
LadyJane I'm in total agreement with SS and MW. Collage on front with the Voodoo's Special "Rocks Off" "watermark". www.rocksoff.org on the back and one or two little quotes/slogans.

I'm no "authority" but if you all trust me I'll volunteer to compile a list of slogans, post them and the votes can be PM'd to me. I'll tally. To be fair, I need a "partner" on this to keep it objective. Any volunteers??

LJ.
July 22nd, 2004 10:48 AM
Martha
quote:
Sir Stonesalot wrote:
I think the front should be the collage with "Rocks Off" under it, and the back should simply be the Rocks Off web address.

Keep it simple. Don't overload or over crowd.

I think that whomever is in charge of getting the things printed should add extra $$ to the price and all profits should be donated to the Trinity to help pay for the board.

In fact, we should do little fund raisers several times a year...

SS, brilliant.

I vote yeah, for all your above ideas.

Keepin' it simple works best for me.

peace out,
Martha
July 22nd, 2004 11:47 AM
J.J.Flash I just think we should use slogans like Keith's quotes, Mick's, Charlie's, Ron's.... I didn't say BILL

"In another land...."
July 22nd, 2004 01:29 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
I just think we should use slogans like Keith's quotes, Mick's, Charlie's, Ron's.... I didn't say BILL

"In another land...."

What didn't Bill ever say or coin anything profound???

Like "Come to Bill".
July 22nd, 2004 03:12 PM
J.J.Flash "is anybody in???? is my little groupie in??" Guess who said that? The King, the one and only KEEP RIGID

Yeah Motsie, Bill is always so pissed (at least it seems to me).
[Edited by J.J.Flash]
July 22nd, 2004 09:37 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Well if we give follow up and finish this project I vote for a "wet rocks off t-shirt contest" the next gathering at Yoti 2005!

Good idea. Fiji Joe will probably win.
July 23rd, 2004 11:34 AM
caro I just stumbled across this link through a blog :
http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/sell/

This company allows you to open your own store (tee-shirts, mugs, whatever). They manufacture the items based upon the artwork you send them and then anyone can buy it from the net (they keep the base price, and the seller - in this case RO - can set his own sales commission). I don't know if this makes sense (maybe it's a rip-off, I've no idea what that kind of t-shirt usually costs), but I thought I'd pass it on...

Late edit : oops, I just noticed that Martha had already mentioned the link
[Edited by caro]
July 24th, 2004 12:13 PM
parmeda
quote:
Monkey Woman wrote:
I'm all in favour of simple design of name & collage on the front & web address on the back. But still there should be a nice, mindboggling slogan or quote somewhere... Maybe we can have a vote?

MW...I agree!
SS's idea of keeping things simple, seems to be a tasteful/classy way to go. Yet, we still need a "zinger" to cap it all off with, lol

And, caro's link (*thanks*) to that website might be worth looking into. I'd like to have a coffee mug as well!
July 24th, 2004 01:55 PM
caro
quote:
parmeda wrote:
And, caro's link (*thanks*) to that website might be worth looking into. I'd like to have a coffee mug as well!

*cough* You can have a RO dog-t-shirt and RO thongs too. I just checked their product list, and it opens up a world of silly ideas...
Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8